Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Auscal
I received the 'standard" bonus offer for 15,000 miles for $750 per month spend over a specified three month period.

When I look at my statement, for each purchase I see a "transaction date' and a "posted date". My question is "which date counts"? For example, if the purchase date is 10/30, but the posting date is 11/1, then, for the purpose of this promotion, which month would this example be applied to.

TIA for clarification on this. I'm concerned I might have messed up and missed out on qualifying for this......
For me, it was the transaction date that counted. I made two purchases on 7/31 that clearly counted towards July (otherwise, I wouldn't have surpassed the $750 total for that month). I had a similar concern at the time, but I got the miles without any issues.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, AGR S+
Originally Posted by eSurfer
Just received a letter from them, kindly telling me that my anniversary is coming up and the $89 annual fee will be billed to me, but I can choose to call them to close the account by that anniversary date in order to avoid the annual fee.

However, at the same time, this letter also states the following -

"If your account is enrolled in a rewards program, any outstanding reward points or miles on your account may be forfeited at the time the account is closed."

Does that mean if I close the credit card account, the US Airways bonus miles I earned which are still in my US Airways account will just be gone? So, in order to keep my miles I have to keep the card and pay the annual fee?

Please advise. Thank you!
Any miles that are already in your US Airways account are yours to keep. What they're talking about are miles you may have earned during the current statement period but that have not yet posted to your US Airways account.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:57 am

I currently have in my wallet:

1 Barclays US air since January 2013
1 Barclays Arrival since July 2013

Would like to get a second Barclays US AIr but I'm reading many posts that Barclays allows 2 products at a time? should I cancel my Arrival card then apply for my second US Air?.

Thanks..

Last edited by ual902; Dec 2, 2013 at 12:13 pm
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
So this is the message that I got:
Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.

Is there any use in calling them? I was going to try and bargain for the Arrival since it sounds like they won't be giving me the US Airways card.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by ual902
I currently have in my wallet:

1 Barclays US air since January 2013
1 Barclays Arrival since July 2013

Would like to get a second Barclays US AIr but I'm reading many posts that Barclays allows 2 products at a time? should I cancel my Arrival card then apply for my second US Air?.

Thanks..
I currently have 4 Barclays cards, YMMV

Originally Posted by whatmakes
So this is the message that I got:
Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you.

Is there any use in calling them? I was going to try and bargain for the Arrival since it sounds like they won't be giving me the US Airways card.
I've had 2 easy & successful recons with them in the past 4 months after receiving that message. No reason not to try. Most likely all you have to lose is a few minutes of time.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SammySpade

I've had 2 easy & successful recons with them in the past 4 months after receiving that message. No reason not to try. Most likely all you have to lose is a few minutes of time.
Thanks for your advice!

What do I say when I call them and they ask me why I need 2 of the same product?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by SammySpade
Should I apply with my second barclays us air, with the same us air number?.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Edit: never mind.

Last edited by TOMFORD; Dec 2, 2013 at 6:48 pm
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by whatmakes
Thanks for your advice!

What do I say when I call them and they ask me why I need 2 of the same product?
Well if you already have one the same cards & don't use it, tough to explain why you need another. I just got my 3rd US air but I always closed the prior card 1st then waited a few months. I've never been grilled by them as to why I need a card but I guess I'd try to go with the standard reasoning and say something like I'm going to start traveling for work & booking flights/getting reimbursed and want a separate card for that. And since I'll now be earning miles for flying US, it makes sense to use the original card for personal expenses.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by ual902
Should I apply with my second barclays us air, with the same us air number?.
When people have been able to churn it, the same ff# has worked
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Auscal
I received the 'standard" bonus offer for 15,000 miles for $750 per month spend over a specified three month period.

When I look at my statement, for each purchase I see a "transaction date' and a "posted date". My question is "which date counts"? For example, if the purchase date is 10/30, but the posting date is 11/1, then, for the purpose of this promotion, which month would this example be applied to.

TIA for clarification on this. I'm concerned I might have messed up and missed out on qualifying for this......
I got one of these the other day for one of our USAir cards, but not the other. So how standard is this? They say you can only use it if you get the offer.

The second card (mine) was applied for a couple of weeks after the first card...
Do people get these every year?

Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
wife instantly approved for her card (1st) as well... now i'm just trying to figure out how they decided to give me a smaller CL than what she got considering my credit scores are close to 800!

oh well.. 70k free future AA miles... not bad
Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:57 pm

Sorry I know this is a noob question but hoping someone can get me a quick answer...

Got approved for a 2nd card last week using the link from this thread. From the looks of it "fee waived and no spend", does that mean that the first time I purchase anything using the card that I'll get the 35k miles credited? Anyone know how long it'll take?

It's been so long since I got the bonus miles from my first US card that I don't even remember how it was structured.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by lmagnott
For me, it was the transaction date that counted. I made two purchases on 7/31 that clearly counted towards July (otherwise, I wouldn't have surpassed the $750 total for that month). I had a similar concern at the time, but I got the miles without any issues.
Thankyou for your helpful response. I was hoping it was the transaction date.
To those who suggested I call to clarify - if I had been more on top of my spending I would have - but, by the time I realized I may have problem , the end of the last month was past, and I couldn't change it anyway.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
When do u figure Barclays will stop letting us apply for this card with the merger coming up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.