Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:58 pm

1st card - 5/2013, 10K limit
I haven't been back here for a few months, and so when I saw that some had been able to open a 2nd card, I thought I would try it.

2nd card - 11/2013, 15K limit
Saw the error on the website, but then logged in and saw the additional card.
Thanks!

I will report back on the second 35K miles in a month or so.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Instant approval on this card. I also have Arrival.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:00 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I have the no-annual fee card. I downgraded a couple of years ago. I want to apply for the current $89 annual fee card with 30,000 bonus miles after first purchase. Can I "upgrade" my current card and still qualify for the offer? If no, do I need to cancel my current card before applying for the new one? Also, do bonus mils post only after paying the annual fee? I don't want to have to wait to pay the annual fee (which seems to be a fulfilling condition for bonus miles).
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aau
I have the no-annual fee card. I downgraded a couple of years ago. I want to apply for the current $89 annual fee card with 30,000 bonus miles after first purchase. Can I "upgrade" my current card and still qualify for the offer?
Never ever ever. At no bank with no card can you ever get an signup offer by "upgrading" a card. You can only get them by applying for the card online and thus "from scratch".

(There are occasioinal exceptions, like Hilton no-fee Amex to Hilton Surpass Amex, but those are special upgrade offers, quite different and separate from the advertised from-scratch offers. And, in any case, there's not many examples I know of other than Hilton no-fee Amex to Hilton Surpass Amex.)

Originally Posted by aau
do I need to cancel my current card before applying for the new one?
If you'd read even the last page or two of this thread, you'd have seen that people keep reporting on successes, and many of them have left at least one card open.

Originally Posted by aau
Also, do bonus mils post only after paying the annual fee? I don't want to have to wait to pay the annual fee (which seems to be a fulfilling condition for bonus miles).
Again, reported multiple times on recent pages of this thread. If you time it right, you can get the bonus miles and still be able to cancel without paying the annual fee in the end.

Please read at least the last few pages of this thread to see what people have been posting. Most of your questions have already been answered many times. Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
"We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.

Please contact us at 1-866-750-6024 or try again later."

I finally got off the fence and decided to apply for my second card before the merger and the link in the wiki resulted in the above message. I hope it is just temporary and they did not pull the offer.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, former AA Gold
Going to echo what many said before....

I applied for the card on July 5. $7.5K credit line, split with Arrival. Had to call in to get Arrival in same app cycle. Spent ~$3.5K to date, including a companion fare ticket for the holidays and two US Airways flights.

My wife applied for the card on August 5. $17.5K credit line. Spent ~$300 to date.

Today she received the 15K pts bonus for spending $750 in Dec, Jan, Feb offer.

Lesson: hold down your spending/CL ratio, I guess?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by happenstance3
Lesson: hold down your spending/CL ratio, I guess?
Most people have noted over in the US Airways forum that they receive the 15k bonus offer on cards that they sock drawer after the first purchase.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin
"We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.

I finally got off the fence and decided to apply for my second card before the merger and the link in the wiki resulted in the above message. I hope it is just temporary and they did not pull the offer.
ditto... cleared cookies, incognito mode, same result... say it isnt so..

EDIT: This link still works
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=36

T&C still says first year waived and 35,000 after first purchase.

EDIT: Just applied for card #2 for both me and the wifee, card #1 opened 5/10, instant approval... Probably not time for a #3, but happy with 2..

Last edited by jsmithv; Nov 20, 2013 at 4:16 pm
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: All of em...
Got the 15k offer today for spending OVER $750 for Dec, Jan, & Feb.

Score! This is my 3rd US Airways card, and the first time I've received the offer.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:44 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC

Gentle reminder that this is covered right at the beginning of the wiki. Your application might have gone in anyway, which is why you should check its status before applying again.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
The link itself is pulling up that message not after applying......prob would of been faster to click the link yourself than preach. Just giving you grief. Wouldn't surprise me at all for all links to vanish sooner than later

Last edited by diceman; Nov 20, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by jsmithv

EDIT: Just applied for card #2 for both me and the wifee, card #1 opened 5/10, instant approval... Probably not time for a #3, but happy with 2..
Link in wiki didn't work. Used link in this post. Instant approval for wife. No prior Barclays cards. Applied immediately after getting approved for a CSP.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Gentle reminder that this is covered right at the beginning of the wiki. Your application might have gone in anyway, which is why you should check its status before applying again.
Link from the wiki to the application is what generated the message.

But I did manage to get approved using this link

Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Data points

Instant approval on 3rd card using the link in the below post, as when clicking the Wiki link the following message appears:

"An error occurred obtaining the next page of your application. Please try again later.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.

Originally Posted by jsmithv

Data Points

History:

07/12 1st card 40K instant approval (no annual fee); Offered 15k w/$750 spend for 3 months
03/13 2nd card 35K instant approval (no annual fee) Offered 15k w/$750 spend for 3 months
07/13 X'ed 1st card after 10K bonus but before fee billed
11/13 3rd card 35K instant approval when 2nd card still is open
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:08 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by diceman
The link itself is pulling up that message not after applying
Link from the wiki to the application is what generated the message.
Wait a minute... that's new, unpleasant behavior...

I updated the wiki with the new link. Most users can also do this directly, so feel free to add any details (such as the source)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.