Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott rewards, United, AA, Delta
US Air credit card

Does anyone know of a good link for a US Air credit card with no fee for the first year? I can't find a good one. I may be a bit too late, but would appreciate your help. Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
Iit said that a decision could not be made at this time and to look for a letter. i caleed the status line and the recorded message says that they have no info on my application. Would calling and actually talking to someone help anymore than what the automated system says?

Thanks for the help.
See my post above (#3591) -- almost the same thing. After I got that message, I went to www.myapplicationstatus.com and it said they are unable to give me a card at this time.... When I checked the status checker today, it has no record of an app in the last 90 days. I too am baffled. I think that means I'll get a denial letter with no credit pull. I'm not sure what the reason might be, but I would not put in another app at this time.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: United, SPG
Originally Posted by shadow1woman
Does anyone know of a good link for a US Air credit card with no fee for the first year? I can't find a good one. I may be a bit too late, but would appreciate your help. Thanks!
Use the link on the first post. Used it yesterday 6/17/13, and got same glitch message then checked status online, and was approved right away.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 7:20 am

Thank, I thought the way the few posts near the end said it was not working, just looked like it did. Thanks so much! Will get right on it.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 9:07 am

Has anyone applied under this link? I got this from Milecards.com. No fee, 35k mi.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=36

Any advice for me? Now the appliction checker shows I was denied and to expect a letter. Should I try under this link or call them?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by agp423
Got my third US card a week ago... Charged $1 on it, and plan to wait until next year to cancel. I plan on getting at least 1 more US card, if I do it will be on Dec 1 of this year, 6 months from my last application. Is this too cruel on Barclay?
Could you please tell us when you got your first 2 cards and do you still have them. If not when did you cancel them? Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by Long Islander
Has anyone applied under this link? I got this from Milecards.com. No fee, 35k mi.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=36

Any advice for me? Now the appliction checker shows I was denied and to expect a letter. Should I try under this link or call them?
You could call reconsideration. Don't apply again. I don't see any benefit to that. They would probably do another credit pull and deny the second app. Your best shot is reconsideration.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:17 pm

But then again Barclay pulls Tu, and who cares about TU,
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: (PM)AA SPG (Marriott), Hilton
Originally Posted by yeki89
But then again Barclay pulls Tu, and who cares about TU,
Chase does.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index...om=creditpulls suggests Transunion is getting pulled by Chase and Citi as well.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by reft
Chase does.

http://creditboards.com/forums/index...om=creditpulls suggests Transunion is getting pulled by Chase and Citi as well.
It varies from state to state.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gv111
In Florida, Chase pulls exclusively from TU.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Just applied for my first US Airways card using the offer for 35k miles with waived annual fee (https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/ja...req=CCMWC47808). Luckily received instant approval for the World MC with $12.8k.

If I want to apply for a Business card as well, and assuming I do not close my first card, is 6 months the right amount of time to wait?
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by jeanie
You could call reconsideration. Don't apply again. I don't see any benefit to that. They would probably do another credit pull and deny the second app. Your best shot is reconsideration.
Thanks. I went through this in Feb-March when I tried the 35k-then-40k bonus offer. Back then, I called and they said I didn't qualify for the bonus (because I wasn't US Air Preferred) so they didn't do a credit pull. But there was also no convincing them that the T&C didn't limit the offer to Preferred members, even after I faxed the T&C to them.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gv111
It can vary (at least at some banks) even more than by state.

At Citi it has (at least in the past, at least for some people) varied by time of month! (The theory was that Citi had a contract for so-many pulls from one agency at a reduced rate each month, and once they used that up, they shifted to another agency for the rest of month.)
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:29 pm

I noticed in the terms it states you have to use the card once every 6 months or they close the account and you lose your miles. I wonder when the merger will go through and the miles go to American Airlines's program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.