Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Just got rejected for card #4. I've certainly earned a good amount of miles with this card, and I really wanted the gravy train to keep going. I applied for both the USAir and Arrival Card in the same churn. Recon line asked me for income information, then checked my credit report. Analyst cited number of applications as reason for denial.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Data point: Applied and approved Jan. 6 for first card; Applied and approved today for second, using link in post #1. Initially got error message, but called in and had already been accepted. Did not cancel first card; in the last month of working off the $750+ spend for the bonus.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:49 am

For the 2nd card, are you guys entering in the same frequent flyer # as the first card or can you leave it blank and have US Air merge the two accounts? Also, is one link better than the others as far as getting approved is concerned?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Same FF number worked for me for the second and third card.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by Superorb
For the 2nd card, are you guys entering in the same frequent flyer # as the first card or can you leave it blank and have US Air merge the two accounts? Also, is one link better than the others as far as getting approved is concerned?
Same FF #. The only problem is getting approved. Barclays has all your applications linked to the same SSN anyway.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Just got rejected for card #4. I've certainly earned a good amount of miles with this card, and I really wanted the gravy train to keep going. I applied for both the USAir and Arrival Card in the same churn. Recon line asked me for income information, then checked my credit report. Analyst cited number of applications as reason for denial.
How many credit cards have you applied for over the past 12 months?

How many of them were Barclays cards?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
How many credit cards have you applied for over the past 12 months?

How many of them were Barclays cards?
12 in all. 1 Barclays. My third US Air card is still open, I closed the second one a month ago. So based on the experiences everyone else here, no surprise.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:21 pm

Looks like it's official - Citibank will continue as the merged AA/US loyalty credit card as opposed to Barclay's.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...rd-tie-1-.html
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ops5
Looks like it's official - Citibank will continue as the merged AA/US loyalty credit card as opposed to Barclay's.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...rd-tie-1-.html
So assuming I sign up for the US Air card today and then cancel in 1 year would that mean that citi would have control of the cc and thus eliminate the possibility that I can sign up for the AA citi card in the future with the bonus miles?
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:29 am

I just applied using the link on the 1st page and got approved. It is my 3rd US Air card, and the 2nd since last March.
I called the CSR to confirm the offer, and it was indeed for the 35 K points after the first purchase. However, the CSR could not confirm whether the first year's annual fee is waived or not.
The limit of the new card is only $5 K, which is probably the lowest I've ever been approved for in the last 20 years. I checked my TU report - everything is fine. I wonder if Barclay is being stingy with the limit due to the coming merges etc... Anyone knows?

Last edited by Libra7474; Jun 5, 2013 at 3:05 pm
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:53 am

applied for a 2nd card for the wife and I this morning.

Got the "error screen", but when I logged into the account(s) the new card showed up. Looks like a 6K credit line, which is 1k more than the last card.

We got our first round of cards back in October, if I recall correctly.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by am1108
So assuming I sign up for the US Air card today and then cancel in 1 year would that mean that citi would have control of the cc and thus eliminate the possibility that I can sign up for the AA citi card in the future with the bonus miles?
I think the most likely outcome is Barclay's just gets rid of the card.
Cheers
Howie
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:49 am

Applied for card #2 using the link in post #1. Got the technical difficulties error and checked status. APPROVED! Two months ago I got the 10k annual bonus and paid the annual fee.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:33 am

Applied for card #2 using link in post 1 and got 10.5K credit limit. First card was approved 9/12 with 12.5K credit limit. Other than a denied Ink Bold app earlier today, no inquiries/cards since January.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:09 pm
Suspended

So, it seems that most people applying for the second card have waited at least 8-12 months? Can anyone provide an exception?

Patiently waiting to reapply, but applied for my first in February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.