Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 6:08 pm

Is it confirmed here now that if you get a lower version of the card, you still get the bonus? I applied through the link in post 1 and was approved. I don't know what version of the card I got (it doesn't seem to say it anywhere on the account page that I set up), but my limit is only $4k, which makes me think I didn't get the most premium product. Also, don't see any reference to it being a "World" or "Premier" card.
Old May 8, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wholeinone04
I just applied right now using this link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post20653922

got the error screen, but when i checked my app i was approved for 10k CL
+1
Old May 8, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by Chuckles
Mine posted on the statement date in the month after the third month. So, I would of expected yours to post after your April statement. Maybe you did not have the $750 by the March statement, causing it to be delayed until your May statement?

Mine was Nov-Jan

DATE.........POST DATE.....................DESCRIPTION.............. ...MILES (my note)

11/24/2012 11/24/12 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 758 (all Nov spend)
12/25/2012 12/25/12 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 952 (all Dec spend)
01/25/2013 01/25/13 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 754 (all Jan spend)
02/23/2013 02/23/13 US WORLD CARD: ADJUSTMENT 15,000

Thanks, i will wait another 2 weeks and it should post.... i am wanting to apply for another Barclays card but iam trying to wait for that to post first
Old May 8, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by billybayswater
Is it confirmed here now that if you get a lower version of the card, you still get the bonus? I applied through the link in post 1 and was approved. I don't know what version of the card I got (it doesn't seem to say it anywhere on the account page that I set up), but my limit is only $4k, which makes me think I didn't get the most premium product. Also, don't see any reference to it being a "World" or "Premier" card.
Your paperwork when you received the card tells you whether you have a World or Premier card
Old May 8, 2013, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
Can anyone who actually recieved the 15,000 miles from the spending offer tell me if it posted on a random date or did it post with a statement?

My offer was jan-march and i did amazon payment for the 3 months and its now May and i have yet to see it the miles post. My next statement is later in the month.

Thanks
In the past, it's posted randomly for me. I'm still waiting for another 15k to post from my latest offer, it's already been 7 weeks.
Old May 8, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by billybayswater
You may want to call them quickly before the card is issued and ask for an extra $1000 on your CL to ensure you get the Premier World MC, just in case the lower version does not get you the full bonus.
Old May 9, 2013, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Originally Posted by MahiMahi524
Applied for the 35K offer, which would be my second card. Denied. Called reconsideration and was told the reason for auto-denial was for having the same product, and a second approval would be a no go for having duplicate product. On the plus side, was told that they didn't pull a credit report because the system caught the application as a duplicate. Also, wouldn't move credit lines or open a different version of the card because apparently their current policy is to only offer 1 personal US Air card per customer.
Has anyone NOT gotten this recently on a 2nd card? Browsed a few pages back and didn't see any datapoints.
I was auto approved last night for my second card (first was opened October 2012). Two AoRs in the interim with eight pulls total in that same time period.
Old May 9, 2013, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Chuckles
Mine posted on the statement date in the month after the third month. So, I would of expected yours to post after your April statement. Maybe you did not have the $750 by the March statement, causing it to be delayed until your May statement?

Mine was Nov-Jan

DATE.........POST DATE.....................DESCRIPTION.............. ...MILES (my note)

11/24/2012 11/24/12 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 758 (all Nov spend)
12/25/2012 12/25/12 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 952 (all Dec spend)
01/25/2013 01/25/13 US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY PURCHASES 754 (all Jan spend)
02/23/2013 02/23/13 US WORLD CARD: ADJUSTMENT 15,000
I just wanted to clarify, in order to get the 15,000, do you need to spend over $750 per month or per billing statement?
Old May 9, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
I just wanted to clarify, in order to get the 15,000, do you need to spend over $750 per month or per billing statement?
"When you spend over $750 in new purchases each month in May, June and July."

Its month.
Old May 9, 2013, 9:02 am

can anyone else confirm no problems using AP and getting this bonus spend?
Old May 9, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by terpfan101
can anyone else confirm no problems using AP and getting this bonus spend?
Should be fine, since it's considered as purchases. Confirmed somewhere upthread
Old May 9, 2013, 5:05 pm

Not sure if it's billing statement. Doubt it as the terms don't have any such stipulation. I misread the offer and only spent 750 each month. No bonus. Doh! Be sure to spend more than 750.
Old May 9, 2013, 5:16 pm

Per month. I just started spending the 1st of the month, and then put the card away after I passed $750. That is why my acct looks this way
Old May 9, 2013, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by TotalNoob
I was auto approved last night for my second card (first was opened October 2012). Two AoRs in the interim with eight pulls total in that same time period.
I'm jealous. Got my first in January, applied earlier today for US Air and Arrival, denied for US Air and told by recon that they couldn't approve me because I already have it and I got it too recently. Approved for Arrival card though after answering some questions about applications from AoR in January with 4 pulls.

FWIW, my wife and I both got the 15000 offer sent to us in March for 750 spend in April/May/June after getting our cards in January... so our experience was the offer came two months after the cards. We actually did use the cards for a small amount of spend each month - maybe $50-150?
Old May 9, 2013, 9:00 pm

I applied for another US Air card and Arrival card earlier today along with the 75K Annex Biz. The Amex card was approved instantly, but I received a pending message on both Barclay's cards. I still had a US Air card open from June 2012 with little spend since opening. Upon calling recon I was told that the Arrival was denied because of recent inquiries (7 in past 12 months) and the US Air card was denied because I already had one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.