Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 31, 14, 12:04 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
Wiki Link
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

Old May 1, 13, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
Any idea how long the card has to sit idle ? I would gues mine has been 4 months. Thanks
Opened in Feb, did minimal spend, 15K offer showed up in April. Never setup online access but no idea if this matters. YMMV, of course.
Old May 1, 13, 11:12 pm

Received my US credit card in early March, does anyone know how long I would need to wait in order to apply for another card for the 35K bonus miles? Thanks
Old May 1, 13, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by flyer4512 View Post
Any idea how long the card has to sit idle ? I would gues mine has been 4 months. Thanks
That's about how long it was of idle time for my card when I got the offer. As I mentioned upthread, however, my wife never got the offer. I applied for both cards at the same time and made one small charge on each card months ago. It makes no sense to me that I got the offer but she didn't.
Old May 2, 13, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by sftravelninja View Post
Kinda bummed, got approved and called to see the terms, was quoted 35k miles on a mastercard after first spend, first year free BUT NO 15k bonus. So essentially, i only get 35k miles for buying a pack of bubbalicious.
There are just too many things wrong with this post.
Old May 2, 13, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by savedbyhim01 View Post
There are just too many things wrong with this post.
My thoughts exactly.
Old May 2, 13, 2:40 am

Data point.

1st card applied in August 2012, cancelled Feb 2013.

Just applied today for 2nd card using the 2nd link on page 148. Got the normal error message. Checked app status. Surprisingly was approved for a credit line almost twice as high as last time.

I had an inquiry back in February for the AMEX PRG and also applied for the two AA Citi cards in October 2012.
Old May 2, 13, 6:29 am

Called twice and both reps said it's not on my account. They did say when i receive the card to call and see if i can get it added on.
This is not a bonus they add on at approval. The way this has been working is you get the card and you charge some things on it. You then do not use the card for several months. To entice you to use the card again, they send you the offer to spend $750 per month for 3 consecutive months.

So relax, get the card, make the purchase, get the 35K then wait for the offer.

Patience, patience, patience.
Old May 2, 13, 9:09 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by mileshound View Post
This is not a bonus they add on at approval. The way this has been working is you get the card and you charge some things on it. You then do not use the card for several months. To entice you to use the card again, they send you the offer to spend $750 per month for 3 consecutive months.

So relax, get the card, make the purchase, get the 35K then wait for the offer.

Patience, patience, patience.
Its not like you even have to wait that long for the 2nd offer... I spent 2 bucks on the card... 1 month later this offer shows up in my post box and email. The card barely had time to ferment before being tapped again.
Old May 2, 13, 9:14 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards

Kinda bummed, got approved and called to see the terms, was quoted 35k miles on a mastercard after first spend, first year free BUT NO 15k bonus. So essentially, i only get 35k miles for buying a pack of bubbalicious.

Wait... are you complaining? Good golly miss molly...
Old May 2, 13, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by sharka View Post
Normally shouldn't be a problem but just make sure you use the card as your regular card for a while and doing so then mix it with Amz. so as not to alert them.
Thanks for the response.
Old May 2, 13, 2:44 pm

Programs: Lufthansa
Datapoint; received mail from AA today which stated that the ff programs will not be merged, even after the airline merger is completed. The letter continued that both ff programs will run independently. So, even with the cc miles garnered, you might not be able to mesh them up.
Old May 2, 13, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by ZetaToplover View Post
Datapoint; received mail from AA today which stated that the ff programs will not be merged, even after the airline merger is completed. The letter continued that both ff programs will run independently. So, even with the cc miles garnered, you might not be able to mesh them up.
Hey I was countin' on merging US Air miles with my AA miles.
Old May 2, 13, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZetaToplover View Post
I guess I'll have to get another AA card, then, because I want enough for a trip in C to Asia.

No hope for US Air, since they've turned me down 4 times for a second card.
Old May 2, 13, 3:11 pm

Just another strange happening to add to applying to these cards. My wife applied for one 2 months ago from the second link. Was denied because of her lack of current income but approved after calling reconsideration line and advising of her assets. Received a Premiere World MC with a low credit limit.

I applied last week. Was approved immediately online through second link. Got card in the mail today. Platinum MC. However reading through the materials, I still get the 35K miles with first purchase. Annual Fee Waived. $89 fee after that with 10K miles yearly. I also get the companion pass, day pass and other perks for the Premiere World. So besides being a different card, it seems to be exactly the same.

In all, this is the most confusing bank to get credit from.
Old May 2, 13, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA ex-P, Hyatt whatever tier 2 is now, credit card elite in the usual suspects
I have seen no such e-mail. Anyone else?

Search this Thread