Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by diclemeg
Well here is a thought... my mother inlaw had the Chase Continental card, and when they merged with United, Chase issued here a new card with the United logo on it... then later when she applied for that fantastic 50K United deal, she was rejected for already having the card prior..... and this is the concern of mine here... that if our USAirMC cards arent cancelled and/or purged from the system prior to the merger, then they may automatically issue new cards with the American logo, and then we may not be eligible for that new American marketed cards that will follow. So, in light of this, I wonder what the best moves are right now.
Simple: Get both AA and US cards now or before then. Then they have no bonus to deny you.

Even in the Chase case, you had several months warning.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 9:45 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Newbie question: I keep seeing comments like "already have one, opened another one, may go for third"--all while keeping the previous cards open & active. When you reapply for a card, and give them your USAir #, don't they say something? Is this just an oversight on Barclay's end?
As long as your application gets approved automatically, u will be fine. If it goes for human review, u may have to call and convince. Off late, Barclays seems to have tightened up a bit. Still 2 apps should be fine.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:12 pm

Is there any Business link that doesn't approve a lower card if they don't do the card you applied for? I want the card with the 10k/year anniversary bonus along with the 25k signup bonus. Also, how is Barclays with businesses? I own my own business and do roughly 70k-90k per year in CC spend but I have a ton of available credit with other issuers that Barclays might see as risky.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gv111
As long as your application gets approved automatically, u will be fine. If it goes for human review, u may have to call and convince. Off late, Barclays seems to have tightened up a bit. Still 2 apps should be fine.
We're talking about reapplying in a year, right? Does anyone have success reapplying at a sooner date?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
We're talking about reapplying in a year, right?
No, he's not.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PainCorp
No, he's not.
So I applied last week and was accepted. I can potentially apply again today and get another card with another sign up bonus?!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Tried to apply for a second, got this message: We're sorry we are not able to complete your application decision right now, additional time is needed.

Please do not complete another application. Further information about the status of your application will be mailed to you. Thank you for your application.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:53 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum - this is actually my first post. Just wanted to provide a data point. I applied for the Barclay's USAirways mastercard in August 2012. That card is still open. Yesterday I applied for an identical card using the link in post 2206 and was instantly approved.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Does acceptance of a second card automatically mean acceptance of the 35k bonus? The T&C's explicitly state: no award for second cards..
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
So I applied last week and was accepted. I can potentially apply again today and get another card with another sign up bonus?!
Don't be greedy.

Does acceptance of a second card automatically mean acceptance of the 35k bonus? The T&C's explicitly state: no award for second cards..
No offense, but you really need to spend some more time reading....
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Yikes! I thought I'd read those T&C's with care. Has anyone actually seen the 35k bonus post with a second card recently?

Last edited by aglasgow; Apr 11, 2013 at 3:28 pm
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Don't be greedy.

No offense, but you really need to spend some more time reading....
Offense not taken. That being said, this thread has over 3,000 replies. While I know the bulk of this churning business is anecdotal evidence, some of the past statements I've seen have been a little too anecdotal, i.e. "got the bonus!"--without explaining details. Furthermore, it's obvious Barclay's is cracking down, and I just wanted to clarify.

On another note, I got greedy and applied again today. Lesson learned. I've spent the last hour sweating over the mistake...next time I'll wait 6 months minimum, and most likely, wait a year.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:50 pm

Offense not taken. That being said, this thread has over 3,000 replies. While I know the bulk of this churning business is anecdotal evidence, some of the past statements I've seen have been a little too anecdotal, i.e. "got the bonus!"--without explaining details. Furthermore, it's obvious Barclay's is cracking down, and I just wanted to clarify.

On another note, I got greedy and applied again today. Lesson learned. I've spent the last hour sweating over the mistake...next time I'll wait 6 months minimum, and most likely, wait a year.
I applied for my cards 3 months apart, was approved instantly for both, and received both bonuses. However, if you don't get instant approval for the second card, recon can be very difficult with Barclay's.

I'm not sure Barclay's is really cracking down that much; even a year ago people were reporting that they could not get a second card approved through recon. The only thing I've really seen an increase of is the reports of denial for not having preferred status.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Data point: Just retrieved our new cards from the mailbox and one of the enclosures looks just like the T&C's...clearly stating the 35K bonus will be awarded in the 1st billing cycle a purchase or a transfer is made. As well as confirming the 10K annual bonus.

DH and I have been cardholders for years; we both recently applied and were instantly approved for our second cards.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrBumstead
I applied for my cards 3 months apart, was approved instantly for both, and received both bonuses. However, if you don't get instant approval for the second card, recon can be very difficult with Barclay's.

I'm not sure Barclay's is really cracking down that much; even a year ago people were reporting that they could not get a second card approved through recon. The only thing I've really seen an increase of is the reports of denial for not having preferred status.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.