Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:24 pm

I applied this for my wife this afternoon from the first page link (35k) and it told me need more time (pending), then I checked the status but it says "no applications received". But a hard pull from Barclay already shows up on Creditkarma. Any ideas? Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by midnightinharlem
Is it just me or did they get rid of the icon that showed up by your name ("DMS" or something similar?). It showed up a few days ago but I just logged in and it seems to have disappeared. Odd.
I still see it, next to the link for logging out, in the upper right corner, but only on some pages (such as the main "My Account" page).
Old Mar 20, 2013, 2:57 pm

I just received an email from them since applying for this card spend over $750 per month during April, May, June ($2250) and receive 15K miles. Offer details here anyone else receive a similar email offer? Wondering if it's worth it.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I just received an email from them since applying for this card spend over $750 per month during April, May, June ($2250) and receive 15K miles. Offer details here anyone else receive a similar email offer? Wondering if it's worth it.
When did you get the card? Good to know these offers are still going out.

Yes, I think it's worth it. Many people have been trying to determine how to trigger this offer.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
I was about to cancel one of my USAirways MC, as I have two, but its only been 5 months I've had it, and saw a blurb in the Terms and Conditions about having activity at least once in each six months, which makes me think that maybe I should wait until I close the account that is only 5 months old to avoid any risk of losing the 40K bonus... anyone want to chime in here?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by CFFrost

Yes, I think it's worth it. Many people have been trying to determine how to trigger this offer.
Both my wife and I got this card about 2 months back. She just received this offer as well. I have not received, however.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Searching using the terms "$750" and "months" will return the answer you seek.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:31 pm

I received this offer today... as a data point I got this card in January, spent $44 immediately to get the 40k bonus and haven't used it since.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sb239
I received this offer today... as a data point I got this card in January, spent $44 immediately to get the 40k bonus and haven't used it since.
Big spender for this card! I bought a pack of gum.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Big spender for this card! I bought a pack of gum.

I got the card in early January while the 40K after first purchase no annual fee promo was going on.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Can someone clarify if this card is still churnable? Have had it since January with the 40k, no annual fee deal (and just got the 15,000 bonus offer), but want to know if I'm good to churn yet.

Was recently (1 month) denied for the NFL card, also issued by Barclays.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Kimpton InnerCircle VIP, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond.
Any word if there is a better offer for the biz card than on their main page?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Can someone clarify if this card is still churnable? Have had it since January with the 40k, no annual fee deal (and just got the 15,000 bonus offer), but want to know if I'm good to churn yet.

Was recently (1 month) denied for the NFL card, also issued by Barclays.
READ THIS:

Originally Posted by diclemeg
I was about to cancel one of my USAirways MC, as I have two, but its only been 5 months I've had it, and saw a blurb in the Terms and Conditions about having activity at least once in each six months, which makes me think that maybe I should wait until I close the account that is only 5 months old to avoid any risk of losing the 40K bonus... anyone want to chime in here?
Re: the NFL card, call recon to allocate the CL.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:44 am

Swing and a miss. Okay, technically, I didn't even make it to applying for this card, but I think it's still relevant to this post.

I was going to go for my second USAir card but, remembering the recent luck that some have had with multiple Barclay's apps on one day, I decided to try the NFL $400 first, then US second. Had two apps in Dec (100+ days ago), but otherwise no apps since last summer. I got pending so decided to call to see what they would do, but the guy noted 10 apps in two years and wouldn't budge. I was surprised they went that far back to look, but there you go. Wouldn't even think about moving any CL around.

Better luck to everyone else.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Swing and a miss. Okay, technically, I didn't even make it to applying for this card, but I think it's still relevant to this post.

I was going to go for my second USAir card but, remembering the recent luck that some have had with multiple Barclay's apps on one day, I decided to try the NFL $400 first, then US second. Had two apps in Dec (100+ days ago), but otherwise no apps since last summer. I got pending so decided to call to see what they would do, but the guy noted 10 apps in two years and wouldn't budge. I was surprised they went that far back to look, but there you go. Wouldn't even think about moving any CL around.

Better luck to everyone else.
You got pending on both cards, only the NFL one, or only the USAir one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.