Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Actually Chase once pulled a second inquiry to a different bureau without even asking me.

I found this out months later in looking at the EX and EQ reports and realized Chase made 2 pulls - one on the initial app and the 2nd one must be from the reconsideration call (to reallocate credit line.)

I guess I could dispute that to ask it being removed but they were on different reports and months ago when discovered, really not worth the trouble. But since then I would specifically ask the rep on any credit line reallocation call to make sure no new pull would be made. One Chase rep at retention tried to do this to me at Account Closure when I asked if I could move the line to existing cards! I was taken aback but then got irritated and furious by his arrogance. Hang up and called back, got an ultra friendly rep at Lending Dept which seems to have more authorities than the retention rep. Not only the rep assured me no pull is needed (it is existing line) and he moved everything except $200 then closed the account.

It is very annoying to play phone roulette but that is what we need to do with either the banks or the airlines!
Chase pulls both EQ or EX for me every time I apply for a credit card.

I would avoid Barclays reconsideration if possible. They will not only make another hard pull but also generally won't budge, especially if you have had a lot of inquiries recently.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday

I would avoid Barclays reconsideration if possible. They will not only make another hard pull but also generally won't budge, especially if you have had a lot of inquiries recently.
Are you sure it wasn't a soft pull? I've only seen a soft pull show up after calling Barclays recon. Similarly, I've never seen Chase pull multiple agencies for a single application.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:49 pm

3 chase apps in a year. 1 TU pull for a business card and 1 EQ for each personal app. No second pulls.

On Barclays, what is considered a lot of rcent inquiries? I applied for an AMEX in January(EXP pull) and a US Air, Chase card and AMEX last August(resulting in a total of 3 pulls 1 from each bureau). Would I be ok to try for a second US Air card? I know it can be a little iffier trying to get a second card. Or should I cancel first card then reapply later?

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday

Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:50 pm

woops. wrong info.. post deleted

Last edited by tripice351; Feb 6, 2013 at 8:55 pm Reason: ninja edit post delete
Old Feb 6, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I have a couple of new data points. First of all, I had done a 3 month, $750 spend per month for 15k miles offer ending in October. But my miles did not automatically post. 5 phone calls and much frustration later, it finally was posted this week. I had to get Barclays to file a case review and go through a bunch of extra steps, but it eventually worked out.

I have 2 US Air cards (April, 2012, and December, 2012), and saw that $400 cash back after $2500 in spending NFL card offer. I applied before the links for $400 after $1000 in spending were posted. Anyway, it required further review.

The NFL app date was 2/3/13. After reading this board, I played it safe and made sure that my 15k US Air bonus had posted on Wednesday morning 2/6/13 before calling reconsideration.

After getting a lengthy lecture about opening 8 cards last year, he agreed to reallocate my credit for the NFL card. So now I have 2 US Air cards and 1 NFL with Barclays. The agent told me he was using my credit report from 2/3 to approve the app. He told me twice he did not do another hard pull. If he did, I will find out tomorrow. My credit monitoring service sends me e-mails the day after a hard pull.

In another month, I intend to call Barclays and ask them to convert the first US Air card into a Priceline card. Anyone have luck converting US Air cards to a card with no annual feel with Barclays?

Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by pointnoob
3 chase apps in a year. 1 TU pull for a business card and 1 EQ for each personal app. No second pulls.

On Barclays, what is considered a lot of rcent inquiries? I applied for an AMEX in January(EXP pull) and a US Air, Chase card and AMEX last August(resulting in a total of 3 pulls 1 from each bureau). Would I be ok to try for a second US Air card? I know it can be a little iffier trying to get a second card. Or should I cancel first card then reapply later?
I had 1 app from June, 5 from September and included this card as part of my Jan apps (4 total). Got instant approval. First card with Barclays. For me, Chase and AMX use EXP and Barclays uses TU so that may be why... Also of note - earlier in this thread it was discussed that Barclays will pull TU, approve an app, subsequently do a EXP pull and then send a letter closing the card for too many recent inquiries/accounts.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Data point: with the pending AA merger announcement possibility, I pulled the trigger on 2nd app for this card and I was instantly approved. After the approval, I was offered to sign into my online account and activate the new account, which I clearly can't until I have the physical card for the security digits. I applied for my first card in April 2012 and I don't think I was instantly approved, but got a notification (snail mail maybe?) about two weeks afterwards.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by akcae
Data point: with the pending AA merger announcement possibility, I pulled the trigger on 2nd app for this card and I was instantly approved.
Sadly enough, I did the same thing as well this afternoon.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Hm, I wonder if I should go ahead and re-app because of the merger. It's been 5.5 months since I app'd for the last USAir Mastercard. Think that's enough time?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by elBulli
Hm, I wonder if I should go ahead and re-app because of the merger. It's been 5.5 months since I app'd for the last USAir Mastercard. Think that's enough time?
I would wait until at least the 6 months mark. In case of a merger it will take several months before the credit cards get aligned, so you have the time.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:32 pm

A good example of a merger:

September 27, 2010:
Soutwest announces it wishes to buy Airtran.

April 27, 2011:
Approval of Merger By US DOJ

May 2, 2011:
Southwest completes purchase of Airtran assets.

March 1, 2012
Single operating certificate granted by FAA

And today Feb 7th 2013 this card still is active:
https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-Cards/airtran.htm

Apply if you're already considering it--but I don't think either program is going anywhere in the near future.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Just applied for Mrs drminn, instant approval with a $5000 credit line for the US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® - is that the bumped down version with the lower bonus?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:21 pm

Was the first card still open?

Originally Posted by akcae
Data point: with the pending AA merger announcement possibility, I pulled the trigger on 2nd app for this card and I was instantly approved. After the approval, I was offered to sign into my online account and activate the new account, which I clearly can't until I have the physical card for the security digits. I applied for my first card in April 2012 and I don't think I was instantly approved, but got a notification (snail mail maybe?) about two weeks afterwards.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jeanie
In another month, I intend to call Barclays and ask them to convert the first US Air card into a Priceline card. Anyone have luck converting US Air cards to a card with no annual feel with Barclays?

My annual fee date is coming up on my US Air card and I was hoping to convert it to the Priceline card as well, and then re-apply for another US Air. Anyone have any luck doing this?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drminn
Just applied for Mrs drminn, instant approval with a $5000 credit line for the US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® - is that the bumped down version with the lower bonus?
If you used the link on this thread, the bumped down version still earns the 40K - it is clearly said in the T&Cs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.