Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 31, 14, 12:04 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
Wiki Link
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 1, 13, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TheMileGuy View Post
I think this is typical. My wife and I both got the card and made one purchase to get the 40K bonus miles, then stopped using the card. Both got the offer. Mine came right away, my wife's a few months later. Her's also required spending $1,250/month instead of the $750 I got.

My parents both recently got the card, used once, then both got the $750 offer on the same day about a month later.

So, I'd recommend not using the card after the first purchase and see what happens.
I'm 2 for 2 with the $750 promo, and my wife is 1 for 1 with it. All in the last 6 months.
Old Feb 1, 13, 9:44 pm

When I received the Card, I made a $2 purchase. Nothing else for 2 months and then received a post card stating if I make $750 or more for 3 consecutive month beginning in Feb., I would receive 15k points.
Old Feb 1, 13, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
Fee waived, no spend, US Air Card, 40K-55K + benies

I wish I got these =\
Old Feb 3, 13, 2:28 pm

Not sure if this question has been answered before. Regarding the annual 10k bonus miles when do they get posted? My account is quite near the one year mark but miles have not yet posted. Thanks for any data point.
Old Feb 3, 13, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I did an internet search on applying for Barclays cards. I found this Rapid Travel Chai blog post stating that he got 4 Barclays cards in one day.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/rapidt...e-4-5-or-more/

I had not heard of this. Reading on Flyertalk, I see posts saying that Barclays is one of the tougher banks to get approvals with, and they will do soft pulls and close cards if they don't like the activity on people's credit reports.

So what is the deal with Barclays? They let us have 4 or 5 of their own cards, but don't like us applying with other banks?

I got my first US Air card instantly approved in April, 2012. My second US Air card was instantly approved in December, 2012. Then on Feb 2, I applied for the $400 credit after $2500 in spending offer with the NFL card and it is under further review.

Finally, anyone know if it is possible to convert a US Air card to a Priceline card? I also just figured out that the Priceline card pays 2% on everything. I wouldn't mind doing that to avoid the annual fee.

I know. Lots of questions. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 4, 13, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
I did an internet search on applying for Barclays cards. I found this Rapid Travel Chai blog post stating that he got 4 Barclays cards in one day.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/rapidt...e-4-5-or-more/

I had not heard of this. Reading on Flyertalk, I see posts saying that Barclays is one of the tougher banks to get approvals with, and they will do soft pulls and close cards if they don't like the activity on people's credit reports.

So what is the deal with Barclays? They let us have 4 or 5 of their own cards, but don't like us applying with other banks?

I got my first US Air card instantly approved in April, 2012. My second US Air card was instantly approved in December, 2012. Then on Feb 2, I applied for the $400 credit after $2500 in spending offer with the NFL card and it is under further review.

Finally, anyone know if it is possible to convert a US Air card to a Priceline card? I also just figured out that the Priceline card pays 2% on everything. I wouldn't mind doing that to avoid the annual fee.

I know. Lots of questions. Thanks in advance.
i had also read some anecdotal data about barclays supposed generosity but i'm honestly not sure if it's still the case. in the reports i think the CL's were incrementally higher with each subsequent application but i didn't find that to be the case with my one and only experiment the beginning of this year. first CL was i think 10K but the 2nd dropped down to 3K or something ridiculously low. fortunately (or unfortunately) i next tried what turned out to be an expired link so that app showed pending but eventually the letter in the mail stated that no app was processed as the link was expired. after the recent reports of barclays closing accounts received during app-o-ramas i'm glad i wasn't more adventurous (and i'm still a little nervous about receiving the 2 bonuses before/if they close the 2 accounts) i do think it might be easier to get say 2 barclay cards at once than one every few months, but that's just my own theory. would love to hear what others think!!
Old Feb 4, 13, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by leebryant View Post
Not sure if this question has been answered before. Regarding the annual 10k bonus miles when do they get posted? My account is quite near the one year mark but miles have not yet posted. Thanks for any data point.
Mine posted exactly one year after my first statement closed.
Old Feb 4, 13, 11:13 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by michael_v View Post
Mine posted exactly one year after my first statement closed.
They post when you annual fee is charged. You can call, get the annual fee refunded, cancel the card, and keep the miles.
Old Feb 4, 13, 12:07 pm

For people that are unable to get the personal card are you finding that you are shut out of the business version also?
Old Feb 4, 13, 1:01 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by Kay_nyc View Post
They post when you annual fee is charged. You can call, get the annual fee refunded, cancel the card, and keep the miles.
Thanks for the hints. I will cancel and apply 3 months later. Never churned this card before.
Old Feb 4, 13, 1:03 pm

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 13, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc View Post
Mine actually posted prior to getting the statement with the annual fee, so I was able to close the account without needing to ask for a refund of the fee.
Old Feb 5, 13, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
When will the bonus for the 2nd card post after first purchase? After first statement date?
Old Feb 5, 13, 9:51 am

Barclay's will move some of your credit line to get another card, such as moving some from your US Airways card to get approval for the NFL or another card. I have always had success after calling this bank's reconsideration number after receiving an "under review" note, and I have called a day or two after applying online. Be prepared to answer questions as to why other accounts were opened recently and to explain why another card is needed. I truthfully answered that I am a football fan and said I was motivated by the Super Bowl and getting some points to use at the NFL shop.
Old Feb 5, 13, 9:53 am

My question, for which there might not be a clear answer, is how to get $750 and up spend offers to earn bonus points. I have a card that I have used just once, and have gotten no offer.

Search this Thread