Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Old Dec 24, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
My guess is that the banks have calculated that enough people either don't play the game well enough or screw up (end up with balances, etc) that they'll still make money off of the blogger customer streams. But it's definitely true that the blogs are basically in the business of trying to create bad customers. What I do find surprising is that they're allowed to be so cavalier about it.

But back on topic, @Bored_Russian, did you get an instant approval or did you have to call?
Instant. 7.5 K limit.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
How long do I have to wait to apply for my second card like this? It 3 months too soon?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by Preacher7
How long do I have to wait to apply for my second card like this? It 3 months too soon?
I've been doing it every 6 months, with only 2 cards open at one time. I'd be curious to see if someone manages to get a third simultaneous card.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 8:06 am

I'm planning on applying every six months, but I'm worried I'm not using the card enough for them to grant me another one.

How much have you used each card? I try to spread by spending out to other cards as well (usually on Chase cards)
Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Fee waived, no spend, US Air Card, 40K-55K + benies

Had daughter apply, she's a college student with a job approved with $1000. CL hoping she gets points etc will see.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by mike2200
Had daughter apply, she's a college student with a job approved with $1000. CL hoping she gets points etc will see.
Does she already have a credit card and building credit? Is she going to cancel this cc in the future?
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by jabtravel
I'm planning on applying every six months, but I'm worried I'm not using the card enough for them to grant me another one.

How much have you used each card? I try to spread by spending out to other cards as well (usually on Chase cards)
I don't think you need to worry about putting a lot of spend on the card. If you're target for one of their minimum spend offers it might make sense to redirect your spend anyway.

Me:
Card #1 -First purchase of ~$50.

Card #2 - Approved after calling recon line and splitting line of credit. Targeted for spend $750/month and get 15K bonus miles, so I spent around $2500 on card #2.

Card #3 - Autoapproved without calling recon line.

My Mom:

Card #1 -First purchase of $50-$100.

Card #2 - Autoapproved without calling recon line.

My Dad:

Card #1 -First purchase of $50-$100.

Card #2 - Autoapproved without calling recon line.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:59 am

When calling reconsideration, whats a good reason to be asking for the second card? I don't want to say business because I don't have one and don't want to make one up.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Campath
When calling reconsideration, whats a good reason to be asking for the second card? I don't want to say business because I don't have one and don't want to make one up.
you want to keep track of your spending by splitting expenses to two accounts. Make up a category you need to track and keep separate.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by Campath
You want to put expenses that your employer reimburses you on a separate card to make tracking easier. Tell them you want to use it instead of your employer's amex.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
#1 Applied 9/29/11, instant approval $7500 CL. Minimal use initially, then received 15k bonus for $1250 x 3 month spend.

#2 Applied 4/20/12, they called me and asked if I wanted a second card, said I wanted to segregate expenses, 5 minute phone call, approved $9400 CL. Minimal spend, then received 15 bonus for $750 x 3 month spend.

Have received 10k annual bonus for #1. Am considering cancelling #1 and applying for #3. Or . . . just applying for #3 without cancelling.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by Earthlings
Originally Posted by mike2200
Does she already have a credit card and building credit? Is she going to cancel this cc in the future?
Had a BofA CC and a couple store ones will discuss next year if she should keep this CC, has one more year to RN degree.

Last edited by mike2200; Dec 26, 2012 at 9:35 am
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by finster869
You want to put expenses that your employer reimburses you on a separate card to make tracking easier. Tell them you want to use it instead of your employer's amex.
That would be a good reason except that I didn't use my original US Air card after first purchase.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS,UA
Currently have this card but If I apply for this card again, do I leave the US Airways FF# blank or use the one I already have.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Just got a targeted offer in today's mail for my new card: Spend $750K a month in Jan, Feb and March, get 15000 bonus points.

That's more than 6.5 extra points per dollar spent.

I've only put a total of less than $300 on this card (2 billing cycles), so this is SWEET!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.