Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Got my Premier card in the mail today. I previously had the card and closed it four months ago. Now I'll wait and see if I get the 40K bonus again.... but today when I was reviewing the bonus terms, it says "Offer available to Dividend Miles members currently with Chairman's Preferred Status only" and I am not a Preferred status member, so I hope I don't get the crappier offer of 20K.

Last edited by diclemeg; Oct 23, 2012 at 8:16 am
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by diclemeg
Got my premier card in the mail today. I previously had the card and closed it four months ago. Now I'll wait and see if I get the 40K bonus again.... but today when I was reviewing the bonus terms, it says "Offer available to Dividend Miles members currently with Chairman's Preferred Status only" and I am not a Preferred status member, so I hope I don't get the crappier offer.
if you get the crappier offer its not bc of lack of chairman's status, its bc of their take on your credit report. so i wouldn't worry about that
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by travelguy1
I applied for both business and personal cards at the same time, and got approved for the personal one and declined for business one. Reason for decline was "sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays". Does anyone have a similar experience, and is it advisable to call the reconsideration line? The idea is to see if I can get them to shift some credit line from my personal card to the business card to get that card approved, and hopefully not have another credit pull.
Thanks in advance.
As someone said above, they're very stingy. Most of my credit lines are in the $15k-25k range. Barclay gave me $7k on my NFL card, and then when I applied for the USAir card, they woudn't give me any more but instead transferred $5k from the NFL card to the USAir card. Thus keeping me at $7k total credit lines with Barclay.

They said the minimum credit line for the USAir card was $5k, so perhaps if they gave you a $10k credit line or more on the personal card for which you were approved, they would move $5k of the line over to the business card and approve you. If they gave you less than $10k on the personal card though, my understanding is that there wouldn't be sufficient credit to move over and open the business card.

YMMV, of course.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:13 am

How long after the first purchase till the 40k hit? Anyone know?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:35 am

First purchase on 10/12. Miles posted on 10/20. YMMV.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Comenius
First purchase on 10/12. Miles posted on 10/20. YMMV.
Hmm. My first purchase was on the 17th. It only shows 12 mi on the barclaycard site once I log in. I was expecting it to show the bonus. Did yours show the bonus?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by abcx
You'll receive the 40K shortly after the card bills.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:48 am

Does Barclays assign you a USAir FFN# if you left the field blank when you signed up for the card?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by abcx
For me, it was at the 1st billing /statement cycle.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
Does Barclays assign you a USAir FFN# if you left the field blank when you signed up for the card?
Yes
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by elBulli
As someone said above, they're very stingy. Most of my credit lines are in the $15k-25k range. Barclay gave me $7k on my NFL card, and then when I applied for the USAir card, they woudn't give me any more but instead transferred $5k from the NFL card to the USAir card. Thus keeping me at $7k total credit lines with Barclay.

They said the minimum credit line for the USAir card was $5k, so perhaps if they gave you a $10k credit line or more on the personal card for which you were approved, they would move $5k of the line over to the business card and approve you. If they gave you less than $10k on the personal card though, my understanding is that there wouldn't be sufficient credit to move over and open the business card.

YMMV, of course.
I only got 3k line so probably won't get anywhere, but I will call anyway and report back here. Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:57 pm

"Earn 15,000 bonus miles when you spend over $750 in new purchases each month in November, December and January."

I activated my card in early September and have charged about $120 on it since then. I couldn't recall if I got the offer so I sent a secure message yesterday asking if I was eligible and they said no. Not sure what criteria they are using to determine who gets it.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:03 pm

i got the 15k promotion few months back. didn't use it. would be easy now w/ bb.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by phantomtiger
For me, it was at the 1st billing /statement cycle.
Yep, but don't be surprised if the first statement closes sooner than you expect. I was approved on Oct 9, got my card a week later, made a charge on the 20th, and my statement closed on Oct 23rd.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by diclemeg
Got my Premier card in the mail today. I previously had the card and closed it four months ago. Now I'll wait and see if I get the 40K bonus again.... but today when I was reviewing the bonus terms, it says "Offer available to Dividend Miles members currently with Chairman's Preferred Status only" and I am not a Preferred status member, so I hope I don't get the crappier offer of 20K.
Were you accepted immediately or did you have to call into Customer Service?

I have applied for this card twice over the last 3 months and been rejected both times. When i call they tell me that is it due to a prior US Airways card 5+ years ago. I'm jealous that some of you guys are able to churn this card without any issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.