Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Airways Premier World MC and checked bag fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Premier World MC and checked bag fees

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Question US Airways Premier World MC and checked bag fees

Hello folks,

First, I tried searching for an answer to my question here but I came up with nothing (maybe I didn't use the right keywords).

My question is...Does the US Airways Premier World MC include the benefit of 2 free checked bags. They website does not specifically state and I could not locate it in the ToS.

http://www.mostmiles.com/mvt/

It does mention First Class check in but since it does not specifically state free bags, I was hoping someone with the card, who is not a preferred member (since you already get free bags) could confirm. I am curretly a SP but will possibly not qualify since I am no longer travelling as often.

I am unsure if the FC check in stated on the card website is just to use the FC line or that you actually get the free bags. If free bags are allowed, then it would be worth it to pay for this card as a current RT costs up to $120 (2 bags e/w).

Thank you

Oz.R
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:37 pm

I believe the Delta AMEX is the only card that offers that benefits to non-elite cardholders.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danpeake
I believe the Delta AMEX is the only card that offers that benefits to non-elite cardholders.
Thanks for the response. Anyone else has an input?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Oz.Roper
Thanks for the response. Anyone else has an input?
Yes. As danpeake stated, You don't get free bags. Just Priority check-in and boarding. Check the T's&C's:
"First Class check-in and Zone 2 Boarding (for World Elite & Premier World Cardmembers only): Premier World Cardmembers are invited to check-in at the US Airways Preferred or First Class counter when checking-in for their flight. The Primary Cardholder is invited to board the aircraft early as part of Zone 2 provided their Dividend Miles number is part of their reservation. First Class check-in and Zone 2 boarding are only available on US Airways operated and marketed flights. First Class check-in and Zone 2 boarding benefits are for World Elite and Premier World Cardmembers only and do not apply if you receive a World or Platinum MasterCard."
Delta's Gold/Plat/Reserve Skymiles card (so far) is the only free bag card. If/when a free bag becomes a feature, it will be all over USAir's and Barclay's website.

I think $89 a year is totally worth not standing in line to check in, and being one of the first to board, but that's just me.

Last edited by skofarrell; Jun 14, 2010 at 9:03 pm
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: Continental Platinum, Continental Presidential Plus, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, American Express Platinum
Continental has had bag fee waiver with its credit cards for a long time. Most cards get 1 bag for free and Presidential Plus gets 2 bags. Delta just recently added this benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.