FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Hhonors 65k vs starwood 10k vs priority club 60k (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1072891-hhonors-65k-vs-starwood-10k-vs-priority-club-60k.html)

apollo_liumin Apr 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Hhonors 65k vs starwood 10k vs priority club 60k

which credit card with those bonus points is the best?

angel.x.martinez Apr 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Depends on which hotels you are planning to stay at, or if you plan on cashing your points in for gift cards, or travel. You may want to "google" for a conversion table to see which one is cheaper to redeem with and holds more value for what you plan on using the points for.

mia Apr 11, 2010 5:37 am

[Moderator enters...]

I have moved this thread to Other Credit Cards. While two of these cards are issued by American Express, none participate in Membership Rewards and there is no other apparent American Express aspect to the discussion.

[...moderator exits]

apollo_liumin Apr 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by angel.x.martinez (Post 13748250)
Depends on which hotels you are planning to stay at, or if you plan on cashing your points in for gift cards, or travel. You may want to "google" for a conversion table to see which one is cheaper to redeem with and holds more value for what you plan on using the points for.

I am just wondering given those bonus points, which one is more valuable?

to me, I am ok with either hotel brand

Aitchly Apr 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin (Post 13747290)
which credit card with those bonus points is the best?

Where do you see a 60k Priority club sign up bonus? The usual is 30k. If you have a 60k offer, it is likely a better offer all else being equal (looking for hotel redemption with equivalent hotels in the same city without future spend in mind). I would put the Hilton notch above the Starwood for just the sign-up bonus.

Once you add in spending or alternate redemption options, the math changes a bit. For instance, Starwood has a bonus 15K points once you spend 15K.

UA Fan Apr 15, 2010 11:40 am

Do you have a link for the HH and PC?

apollo_liumin Apr 16, 2010 12:24 am

Originally Posted by Aitchly (Post 13751479)
Where do you see a 60k Priority club sign up bonus? The usual is 30k. If you have a 60k offer, it is likely a better offer all else being equal (looking for hotel redemption with equivalent hotels in the same city without future spend in mind). I would put the Hilton notch above the Starwood for just the sign-up bonus.

Once you add in spending or alternate redemption options, the math changes a bit. For instance, Starwood has a bonus 15K points once you spend 15K.

I received an email about this bonus, and you can find it by Google.