FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Fidelity 2% cashback AmEx-network card [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1068887-fidelity-2-cashback-amex-network-card-consolidated.html)

jamflyer Feb 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by nabeelj (Post 11161611)
I'm a little confused. Can the 2% earned on the Schwab or Fidelity cards be withdrawn from the investment accounts at any time?

I set up auto redemption into my fidelity mysmart cash account which can withdraw anytime.

Also on Fatwallet, they are reporting monthly auto redemption rather than waiting to earn 5,000 points.

Duke5150 Feb 16, 2009 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Duke5150 (Post 11252307)
What happens to my existing Fidelity Visa Rewards card? Does my current card NOW earn the 2% above $15K OR do I need to somehow convert it to this new card?

Called Fidelity Credit card CSR - Was told you need to APPLY for the 2% card. Unable to CONVERT 1.5% card to 2% card. Anyone else have different results?

Happy Feb 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Duke5150 (Post 11266619)
Called Fidelity Credit card CSR - Was told you need to APPLY for the 2% card. Unable to CONVERT 1.5% card to 2% card. Anyone else have different results?

It is almost always the case, any new card benefits can only be had via applying a new card. Conversion usually does not get the benefits, probably the programs never set up that way.

jamflyer May 2, 2009 8:25 pm

My Fidelity Amex is now listed under my portfolio on Fidelity's site...no need to go to the FIA site...pretty cool.

dougef Feb 3, 2010 8:52 am

Fidelity Rewards Credit Card

I am looking at the Fidelity Rewards Amex Card - not issued by Amex, but actually issued by FIA Services (B of A). If it was a "real" Amex card I would proceed, but am concerned about FIA Services less than stellar reputation for customer service.

Does anyone have this card that can comment on the service and how the rewards work? Can I count on the rewards being promptly credited to my Fidelity Account? Any concerns? I really like the idea of 2% back on ALL purchases.

Thanks.

jamflyer Feb 3, 2010 11:27 am

Originally Posted by dougef (Post 13316310)
I am looking at the Fidelity Rewards Amex Card - not issued by Amex, but actually issued by FIA Services (B of A). If it was a "real" Amex card I would proceed, but am concerned about FIA Services less than stellar reputation for customer service.

Does anyone have this card that can comment on the service and how the rewards work? Can I count on the rewards being promptly credited to my Fidelity Account? Any concerns? I really like the idea of 2% back on ALL purchases.

Thanks.

I have had the card since it came out but have not had a reason to call their CSR - so can't comment. In short, you need to accumulate 5,000 points = $2,500 in spend to redeem the cash back. So, if you spend more than $2,500 per month, then you get the cash back when your statement prints. You can set up an auto redemption into your smartcash account. For a true 2% no gimmick card (with other great benefits) you should consider the Schwab Visa - you may need to hurry if rumors are true. A quick search of this forum will give you a ton of info on both cards.

jjwjjw Feb 3, 2010 2:14 pm

I have the Schwab card and have called FIA a couple times. In my limited experience I have found them to have the nicest, most competent CSRs I have dealt with among banks/credit card companies. I asked them to make a couple changes to credit lines and they did it instantly.

S.Bling Feb 3, 2010 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by jjwjjw (Post 13318840)
I have the Schwab card and have called FIA a couple times. In my limited experience I have found them to have the nicest, most competent CSRs I have dealt with among banks/credit card companies. I asked them to make a couple changes to credit lines and they did it instantly.

FIA and BofA are exactly the same company. Simply an issue of branding on their cards - but CS is identical, as are all their records, consolidated CL's and reports.

If you have one FIA card and one BofA card, you see both of them when you log in to either the FIA portal or the BofA portal. Also same username and password for both sites.

Happy Feb 3, 2010 4:23 pm

You should consider the Schwab 2% Visa instead unless you have a compelling reason to use an AMEX card. Visa is also much widely accepted than AMEX, especially in Canada and Europe.

Schwab 2% Visa does not require a minimum amount to redeem the cash back versus the Fido's AMEX card.

While Schwab no longer market this card, the URL to apply is still accessible per the Schwab card thread in this forum. You may want to act quickly before this is being killed.

dougef Feb 4, 2010 5:07 am

While the Visa would be preferable, I am a Fidelity Customer and would really prefer the tie in to Fidelity. I really don't want to start having to open a Schwab account. Too many accounts as it is.

Happy Feb 4, 2010 9:42 am

Originally Posted by dougef (Post 13322824)
While the Visa would be preferable, I am a Fidelity Customer and would really prefer the tie in to Fidelity. I really don't want to start having to open a Schwab account. Too many accounts as it is.

I am Fido customer as well. Having an additional brokerage account does not create additional work if you dont move any asset to Schwab.

The Schwab account has no asset and is only used to take the rebate from the card. After the amount reaches a certain amount I ACH it out. There is nothing to keep track of other than the rebate because the account pays 0% interest, not even a 1099.

Talk about Fido, we still have not received our 1099 on the main account and are told it would not be available at least for a few more weeks. March 1 is the date they give for the 2009 1099. Dont know what is holding that up.

ziobacio Feb 5, 2010 11:13 am

Originally Posted by dougef (Post 13322824)

I'm with Fidelity, too, but got the Schwab card along with a Schwab checking acct. If you travel outside the US, there's another advantage: the Fidelity VISA debit card limits withdrawals to $500/day, but the Schwab VISA debit allows $1,000. Neither debit card charges any fees, rebates fees you may pay, and both get the exact same exchange rate.

swf83 Feb 21, 2010 7:21 am

Fidelity Credit Card Question

Has anyone had any experience with the Fidelity Investment Rewards Signature Visa card with 1.5% cash back (2% cash back once you spend 15k)? I use my Platinum AMEX for most purchases, but in situations where AMEX is not accepted I need a go to card. Also, I use Fidelity for almost all my financial accounts, I think they are a great company.

Anyone ever come across any promotional offers for this card?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated!

philemer Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am

Merged post above into this thread.

swf83 Feb 21, 2010 2:16 pm

That is pretty neat that the AMEX Fidelity card shows up when you log into Fidelity. Does the same apply for the Fidelity Visa Investment Rewards card?