Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank - Annual Fee Waiver / Retention Bonus - All cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank - Annual Fee Waiver / Retention Bonus - All cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Was given no offers, only the option to cancel. I spent just over $10k in the past year. I'll HUCA to see if I get an offer.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:15 am

2 phone calls (including one with supervisor after a 10 minute wait) and no offers. have had the card since the olympics promotion and have never redeemed points. may transfer points to another household account and cancel account.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:44 pm

Since my annual fee should be posted any day now, I wanted to point out a separate thread about the FlexPerks cards. There is a new AMEX card which you may get an offer of a relationship bonus to make it free after the first year if you have another US Bank account. Of course, US Bank customer "service" being what it is, there is no mention of the retention bonus on the card carrier when you get it, and they deny any knowledge of it when you ask.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...er-thread.html

Last edited by MisterBill; Aug 22, 2015 at 11:27 pm
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:22 pm

retentions department's phone number no longer in service per front line agent. still no offers on my account. transferred points to family member and will likely close my account before 30 day mark (30 days after posting of annual fee).
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:28 pm

Called in at +59 days after AF posted, got fee-offset 3500 points. Literally a 3 minute phone call.

Spent ~10k on this card LY, almost all of it in 2x grocery categories.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 6:53 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Called for retention on a Club Carlson business card I've had for a few years. The rep was very nice but very confused. I don't think they get many retention calls and it wasn't really something he had considered as a possibility.

He checked the card for any kind of offer but all he had was a balance transfer promo.

I'll probably keep it open. The 40k points are roughly breakeven and it's nice to have the Gold status on the occasions I do stay in the chain.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Called for retention on a Club Carlson business card I've had for a few years. .
Also just called for Club Carlson business card I've had for a few years. Offered 1k points or lower APR.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:02 pm

I have a newbie question. Currently I have two flexperks cards, one visa and one amex. I'd like to transfer points from my amex card to my visa card and then close the amex card. My question is that will the transferred points expire after I close the amex card? Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by sadida
I have a newbie question. Currently I have two flexperks cards, one visa and one amex. I'd like to transfer points from my amex card to my visa card and then close the amex card. My question is that will the transferred points expire after I close the amex card? Thanks!
Do you have 2 Flexperks account numbers, one for each card?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:06 am

So I just called to cancel my Flexperks Visa Signature. Since I have another Flexperks card open, they transferred all my points to the other card (it was more than the 20,000 annual limit on transfers). They then offered to downgrade to the Visa Platinum, which has no annual fee and offers cell phone insurance if you use it pay your monthly bill.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 5:56 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
FlexPerks Business Travel Edge

Just called about 27 days after the annual fee posted, first anniversary, FlexPerks Business Travel Edge card ($55 annual fee). Very polite rep confirmed that I had already redeemed/transferred all the points and immediately closed it with no retention offer.

Wasn't really looking for an offer since I plan to apply for a different US Bank card and wanted to free up the credit limit anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Altitude Reserve

My annual fee hit today (03/06/2020) so I called in to check what retention offers were available. CSR offered me 1,000 points.

Last edited by mia; Mar 6, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Old Mar 6, 2020, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by supergabe
My annual fee hit today (03/06/2020) so I called in to check what retention offers were available. CSR offered me 1,000 points.
How much you put spend on it. I read somewhere someone got 15k points for 20k spend that year
Old Mar 6, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by trikotret
How much you put spend on it. I read somewhere someone got 15k points for 20k spend that year
40k spend for 2019, maybe I should have hung up and tried again.
Old May 13, 2020, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by mrcaptain
For those that got retention recently, what was your membership year spend and how long have you had card?
30k. Second renewal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.