Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank - Annual Fee Waiver / Retention Bonus - All cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank - Annual Fee Waiver / Retention Bonus - All cards

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2010, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by ned
Call again, I downgraded two days ago with no problem.
Speaking of downgrade, if I downgrade during the year, does anyone know whether the annual fee will refund as prorated? also, what about the promo that I signed up already "bonus miles after spending XXX during May-June period", will it still be effective or get void? thanks
Old May 24, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by susieling
What do you say over the phone? And did the CSR pull our your account and check it specially before giving out this bonus (so it could be specific to each account)? I called and was told there is no such promo for just phoning and asking.. (and they need mention that I have already subscribed the offer to get 3500 points by spending XXX dollars between May-Jun).. Just hoping to get both..

Thanks
I just asked what the options were for waiving the annual fee. I was told it's "a legitimate fee" and that they could offer 3500 points to offset the fee.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:40 am

Same offer

I was offered 3500 points each for the 2 accounts I have as well. I will have to pay up first and then there will be 49.oo credit tht I can cash out or leave in the account to pay for my expenditure.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Keflyer
I was offered 3500 points each for the 2 accounts I have as well. I will have to pay up first and then there will be 49.oo credit tht I can cash out or leave in the account to pay for my expenditure.
Are your "2 accounts" couting the business card? Thanks
Old May 25, 2010, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by Keflyer
I called and they gave me 3500points which I can use for waiving the fee. All I have to do is wait 5-7 days and then I am able to transfer them for the fee. Great deal and good job us bank!^
Old May 25, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
Did you call customer service number on the back of the card or some other number. I tried twice and both times they suggested using points in my account to pay for the annual fee. They wouldn't give any bonus points. Also they mentioned that I am enrolled for the 3500 bonus points for spending $250 and I can use those points.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: United Gold, BA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Silver
As sivayya said, they arent offering me anything other than you are signed up for the 3,500 bonus points that you get if you spend more than 1500 through June. I called during the weekend. Should I call during the week? Am I calling the wrong number (I'm using the one on the back of the card). ???????????
Old May 26, 2010, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by sivayya
Did you call customer service number on the back of the card or some other number. I tried twice and both times they suggested using points in my account to pay for the annual fee. They wouldn't give any bonus points. Also they mentioned that I am enrolled for the 3500 bonus points for spending $250 and I can use those points.
Yes I did. I had ZERO points (never use this card and long story on why I have it) so she suggested gifting me 3500 points and when they hit I have to call the rewards number and ask them use them to waive my fee. Perhaps they are suggesting you use your EXISTING points.... Good luck.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:21 am

waive fee

I called the number on my bill. I assume that is the number on the back of the card. They said they would put 3500 points in my account and than i could use them for the fee. They said they should show up next month. I have two cards both personal as I had two NW cards. They waived the fee on both of them. I assume I will also get the additional points for charging during May and June. I have a lot of points in both accounts. My question now is do I have to use those points for the fee?
Old May 26, 2010, 1:22 pm

Flex cards

Originally Posted by susieling
Are your "2 accounts" couting the business card? Thanks

Hi Susieling,

Both are personal cards from NW worldperks time.

HTH
Old May 27, 2010, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by ned
Call again, I downgraded two days ago with no problem.
Hmmm... I would also like to downgrade. But, I have already put a lot on this card since the last statement. Would I lose (half) the points on charges I have already made? How about downgrading after the next statement closes? Would they refund the annual fee?
Old May 27, 2010, 12:58 pm

After seeing this thread, I too called in and got the 3500 points to redeem for my annual fee. Question is, do I have to use those 3500 points for that? Or can I just add them to my stash?

$49 / 3500 = 1.4 cents per mile. Not bad in my book.
Old May 27, 2010, 6:35 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
I value the 3,500 points higher than the $49 annual fee so I'm keeping them. With these bonuses the points add up faster than I thought they would. I like this product.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by robbert
I value the 3,500 points higher than the $49 annual fee so I'm keeping them. With these bonuses the points add up faster than I thought they would. I like this product.
+1. 20,000 points can get a flight of up to $400, or 2 cpp. So I wouldn't use the 3,500 points to offset the annual fee, although my annual fee is waived from spending over $24K, mostly on coins.

I didn't receive the 3,500 bonus points offer everybody is talking about. Perhaps it is offered only to those with the annual fee coming up?
Old May 30, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by buschoi
+1. 20,000 points can get a flight of up to $400, or 2 cpp. So I wouldn't use the 3,500 points to offset the annual fee, although my annual fee is waived from spending over $24K, mostly on coins.

I didn't receive the 3,500 bonus points offer everybody is talking about. Perhaps it is offered only to those with the annual fee coming up?
I would still call them and say that a friend got the 3500 points towards the annual fee. From the messages here it seems those who get the points use the card(s) quite a bit. Never hurts to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.