Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Miles for Rent/Mortgage/Tuition? [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for Rent/Mortgage/Tuition? [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:37 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Do you have a specific redemption in mind that you'd be able to get over $1200 in value from 39k UR points?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:27 pm

Good question. I haven't given it much thought although I usually redeem for flights and hotel stays. Looking at it from the POV, I suppose $1,200 in UR points would be of no great benefit over the equivalent dollar amount. I could potentially see this being worthwhile with my wife's SPG AmEx as 40K in points would far exceed the equivalent expenditure value at a top tier hotel. I'm not so sure if it would be worthwhile with my CSP however.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:09 am

Even if you can find a redemption that's worth twice the cash redemption value, 40k points are still worth only $800. Doesn't sound like a great deal.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
ultimage rewards points are most definitely not worth 3cpp. Sure you may find a way to redeem them for greater value (say a 1st class ticket to Australia) you would make the money back, but you'd still need to be willing to pay upwards of $4800 for that $15,000 ticket. I would avoid unless you need to meet a sign up bonus and this is the only way.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: United Milesplus club card
Mortgage payment to Suntrust Mortgage

HI Phillip
are you still with Chargesmart?
I have a Mortgage and noticed they don't have Suntrust Mortgage just Suntrust Bank?

Is that correct?

Philip from ChargeSmart here... If appropriate, I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys have about our service and always welcome feedback from our customers. Please send me a PM or post....

Thanks,

Philip
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Similar question - may i pick PHH mortgage for HSBC? phh were(are?) the servicers for HSBC. and i can't find HSBC in the biller's list...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Delta2010
I am relatively new here and just recently got into collecting freq flier miles. I am learning a lot through this forum and have collected more than 100k miles already in last couple of months or so. Thanks for that! Obviously now I am getting addicted to this and want to earn miles for every $ I spend. My major 3 expenses are monthly home mortage through Wells Fargo, tuition fee (for my evening graduate school coursework) and monthly rent payments for my wife's apt (she had to move to pursue her medical school). Unfortunately, WF doesnot let me charge mortgage through CC, my univ and wife's apt charge 2.5% convenience fee if charged through CC which doesnot make the mile worth the fee. Is there some round about or some trick that I can earn miles through these major expenses without incurring any fee?
So, my student loan provider doesn't accept credit card payments (I don't know of any who do) but they DO accept debit card payments. I use a workaround that leaves me paying only 95¢ for every $500 in payments, which my credit card rewards more than cover.

Does this strategy seem like it would be relevant to what you are trying to do? If so, I'd gladly post the step-by-step but otherwise I will save time and not post yet unless I know it would be useful to someone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.