Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Blue Sky and Continental One Pass

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2010, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

AMEX Blue Sky and Continental One Pass

Hello

I need some help here. I want to get one of the cards above. The main reason is the initial sign-up bonuses. 300$ vs 30.000 miles. However I would like to be reasonably sure I get the card when I apply. I don't want an extra failed credit inquiry on my report. Which of the cards do you think is the safer bet?
My credit scores are around 765 and I live in Texas.

Also please tell me if you think there are any reason why I should not apply for one of the cards.

Thank you
Old Nov 1, 2010, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

anyone?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kobedf
anyone?
Don't think anyone can actually give you any assurances. First question would be how many hard pulls you have on your record for the last 3-6 months.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 9:33 am
Original Poster

zero hard pulls.
I'm not looking for assurances. Just your opinion.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by kobedf
zero hard pulls.
I'm not looking for assurances. Just your opinion.
You should reasonably get both as you said. THey might give you some pain with address / salary proofs and such ... AMEx now a days is notorious for that ... esp if you quote six figures. Now a days cash is the king (even if dollar is slumping) ... 30K conti miles are best used for 30K amtrak points = 10 one way trips on Amtrak NE. Other than that 300 us is way better. Sky is not a bad card per se.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.