Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Very Disappointed with US bank Flex Perks

Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Worldperks, AAdvantage

I have been a loyal user of the US bank Flex Perks Visa card. I have finally accumulated 20,000 points and went to book an award ticket this morning and received the following message:

We apologize for any inconvenience, but the online travel redemption feature is unavailable from to due to maintenance. To book travel please contact your Reward Headquarter Center.

I called the customer service center to enquire and they told me to wait for it to come back up. I need to purchase this ticket today in order to stay within the fare rules. I offered to buy the ticket myself and have US bank reimburse me...no dice. I went on to travelocity and was able to access the ticket so it appears to be a us bank issue. I was also able to look up the flights on SPG.com as there fare calculator is also powered by travelocity. I am very disappointed to see US bank not stand behind their product. They tout this as a leisure travel cards, but are performing maintenance for 4 hours on a Saturday morning less than 3 weeks before Thanksgiving.

Last edited by leejeffrey; Nov 7, 2009 at 11:26 am
Old Nov 7, 2009, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Worldperks, AAdvantage
It has now been down at least 8 hours. I sent a follow up e-mail to US bank just in case I had incompetent agent. No response so far...

I am really disappointed in their inability to handle this situation. Timing is everything when buying plane tickets.

Customer service during failed operations can make or break a business...
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
Angry

I too am a long-time US Bank account holder.

I succumbed to their blandishments for both the personal and business Flexperks cards. In return for registering, then spending $500 on each card, I was led to expect 10,000 and 15,000 bonus points respectively.

Bonus points did not appear on the statements showing the $500 spends. I followed up with Flexperks Customer Service and was told:

1.) bonus points will not post until after an 8-week delay
2.) there is no way for the CS center to confirm my bonus registrations

So, after I cool my heels for 8 weeks, there may or may not be bonus Flexperks points in my account. All depends upon the successful registrations, which US Bank has no way of tracking.

Looks as if Flexperks goes out of its way to delay bonuses and to force the cardholder to track/document any of their promotions.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 8:53 pm

I also have those problems wit the card. After reaching the bonus points amount in august, they are now telling me I should receive my points in january. Is this the way they do business? Not planning to renew next year.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:23 am

Sorry to hear of your problems with Flexperks. It took about three months for all my points to post. It ssem they points will not post is there is a zero balance statement. I charged $1. and that triggered the points.

We have four accounts, two business and two personal. I like that I was able to merge all the points into a household account. I booked two AA JFK-MCO tickets for Easter week for 50,000 points. (20,000 and 30,000). Those exact flights are $956. each today.

The bonus points were key. Without the bonus, it looks like the Travelocity Master Card is a better deal with a 4% return.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-owners-2.html
Old Nov 16, 2009, 1:37 pm

Angry

Not sure why you are having so much trouble. I recently redeemed 20K points with no trouble. I got a new consumer and business card, which each came with a 10K offer after spending $500. I spent over $2,000 in the first month as we are remodeling and the points were in my account. The points were available a month later.

Originally Posted by leejeffrey
I have been a loyal user of the US bank Flex Perks Visa card. I have finally accumulated 20,000 points and went to book an award ticket this morning and received the following message:

We apologize for any inconvenience, but the online travel redemption feature is unavailable from to due to maintenance. To book travel please contact your Reward Headquarter Center.

I called the customer service center to enquire and they told me to wait for it to come back up. I need to purchase this ticket today in order to stay within the fare rules. I offered to buy the ticket myself and have US bank reimburse me...no dice. I went on to travelocity and was able to access the ticket so it appears to be a us bank issue. I was also able to look up the flights on SPG.com as there fare calculator is also powered by travelocity. I am very disappointed to see US bank not stand behind their product. They tout this as a leisure travel cards, but are performing maintenance for 4 hours on a Saturday morning less than 3 weeks before Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Likewise. My points posted very quickly after I met the spend.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 4:28 pm
Original Member

Location: UA UGS 1K; US Chairman: AA Platinum: Marriott Platinum Premier; *wood Gold
I got up to 20,000 points with the initial bonus offer. It was a real pain getting the bonus to post, several calls and emails before they finally appeared on a subsequent statement. On the positive side I found the airline booking process simple and easy to use. It took me less than five minutes to have the e-ticket issued.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
Originally Posted by FFLASV
I got up to 20,000 points with the initial bonus offer. It was a real pain getting the bonus to post, several calls and emails before they finally appeared on a subsequent statement. On the positive side I found the airline booking process simple and easy to use. It took me less than five minutes to have the e-ticket issued.
+1 i like the process fast and simple
Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
Originally Posted by laurajoyce
Likewise. My points posted very quickly after I met the spend.
Think so?

Here's what "very quickly" must mean, judging by my experience:

15 September - request the card and register for the bonus (must spend $500 on the card by 31 Oct deadline).
21 September - initiate spending
15 October - meet the $500 minimum spend threshold to qualify for the 10,000 point new card bonus
27 October - end of month statement prints, lists the 500+ flexpoints @ 1 point per dollar spent --no mention of bonus
28 October - telephone US Bank CS to question the missing bonus and am informed that bonus will post automatically after 8 weeks
28 December - 8 weeks from date promised - will the bonus appear on that statement?

There you have it, a mere 3-1/2 months to get the bonus --provided all goes swimingly according to plan. Should there be a glitch in the bonus process or in the registration, it's 3-1/2 months PLUS.

Why bother with a Flexpoints airline ticket redemption, when you could get to your destination on foot in less time than it takes the US Bank computers to issue your flexpoints?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Schutzee

We have four accounts, two business and two personal. I like that I was able to merge all the points into a household account. I booked two AA JFK-MCO tickets for Easter week for 50,000 points. (20,000 and 30,000). Those exact flights are $956. each today.
How you pulled that off is beyond me becasue the 20,000 point flights are good for a flight valued at up to $400 and I believe 30K is up to $600
Old Nov 19, 2009, 8:02 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by flyer4512
How you pulled that off is beyond me becasue the 20,000 point flights are good for a flight valued at up to $400 and I believe 30K is up to $600
There was probably one seat left at a fare <$400 and the second seat was <$600, thus a total of 50K points. The higher fare referenced is what the fare CURRENTLY ("today") is, which has no relevance to the points needed at the time of purchase.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by fti
There was probably one seat left at a fare <$400 and the second seat was <$600, thus a total of 50K points. The higher fare referenced is what the fare CURRENTLY ("today") is, which has no relevance to the points needed at the time of purchase.
Exactly. One was $390+- and the other was $409+-
Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by catdad
Think so?
Took less than 2 weeks for me. No calls or anything. Guess I was just lucky.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: co,skymiles hilton a.a usair
Originally Posted by laurajoyce
Originally Posted by catdad
Think so?
Took less than 2 weeks for me. No calls or anything. Guess I was just lucky.
+ 1 mine post in a week or so to

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.