Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel to Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Travel to Hong Kong

I am flying to Hong Kong (DC-SFO-TPE-HK) this Thursday, Dec 15. How do I provide proof of a self-administered rapid COVID test given that is an allowable form of testing? Does the HK health screening site that I have to complete prior to check in at DC allow for something to be uploaded? Also, it says that the test must be performed no more than 24 hours before your last direct flight to HK (which is TPE-HK for me) but you will not be allowed to check in at DC without proof of a negative test. My check-in at DC is more than 24 hours before my TPE flight. Confusing. Any direction would be helpful. Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:19 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
You should fill in the pre-travel form to get a QR code ("green code"). This form requires only a declaration that you have obtained a negative antigen test, or will do so. No proof is required to be uploaded by the HK government, and nobody in HK will ask to see your pre-flight test - you will have to take a PCR test on arrival anyway.

Showing the green code has been sufficient to board flights to HK. However individual check-in agents in various places have occasionally had their own interpretation of the requirements, including and up to forcing passengers to pay for an official test and obtaining a certificate, which nobody in HK cares about. Unless someone has flown from DC to HK with your airline and reports here, nobody can say whether your airline has overzealous check-in agents.
argthe3rd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.