Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mask mandate at LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I agree, but someone may incorrectly assume that mandates are enforced. It's a reasonable thing to assume if you don't have any other information.
If there is a mandate, enforced or not, people should be prepared to comply with that IMO. I'm not going to go by something I read on a travel blog and argue with authorities or miss a trip by showing up unprepared. If people are that sensitive to the rules, then they should choose their activities accordingly.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
LA Airport police is notorious for its selective enforcement practices. You never know if you'll be targeted due to demeanor, attire, appearance, etc.
Yup that's why I wore mine. Don't give the .......s an excuse to throw their weight around.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:49 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was there in late July. The pilot of our inbound aircraft reminded us of it but it wasn't enforced. Maybe 40% of the people I saw were wearing them.
the810 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:00 am

Practically no one in LAX is still wearing a mask, and the PD are the ones least like to be doing so. Definitely have a mask available, and please do wear one if you are sick. However, the likelihood of being reprimanded for not having one at this point is practically nil.
bbriscoe34 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:36 am

Was recently at LAX and airport hotel. If there is or were a mask ordinance, you sure wouldn't know it. I think maybe 5% were wearing masks? And, I think it's mostly just out of abundance of caution for those of us who may have business or returning to SE Asia where a negative test is still required.

LOL...I mean, even now, the mere notion of "being at the mercy" of local authorities in SE Asia over a positive covid test still sends shivers down my spine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.