Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Any US citizen who fly today and next few days, were you able to do mobile check-in and obtain boarding pass on your phone, instead of going to check-in desks to show negative tests? I'm just curious, with this no-test requirement, are we actually almost return to old days - Waltz through gate (or lounge first) once you arrive European or anywhere airports for U.S. bound destinations?
Im flying today PVR-DFW and was unable to check in online and had to go to the counter. However I don’t think in general you can online check in for international departures anyway.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
However I don’t think in general you can online check in for international departures anyway.
My experience has been that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've never been able to find a consistent pattern for why it works or doesn't, either in my experience or forum posts. Obviously YMMV.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any US citizen who fly today and next few days, were you able to do mobile check-in and obtain boarding pass on your phone, instead of going to check-in desks to show negative tests? I'm just curious, with this no-test requirement, are we actually almost return to old days - Waltz through gate (or lounge first) once you arrive European or anywhere airports for U.S. bound destinations?
With UA I’ve always been able to checkin online after submitting test results.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Im flying today PVR-DFW and was unable to check in online and had to go to the counter. However I don’t think in general you can online check in for international departures anyway.
I have been checking in online with AA using Verifly throughout the pandemic flying between Spain and the US.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I have been checking in online with AA using Verifly throughout the pandemic flying between Spain and the US.
interesting. I’ve never been able to check in online on any lhr flights back to dfw.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Same here, I never had an issue checking online with Verifly for TATLs from either side during the pandemic. Before the pandemic my experience was mixed.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:53 pm

However I don’t think in general you can online check in for international departures anyway.
You most certainly can unless they decide that you may have randomly turned into a tewwowist and want to give you an SSSS boarding pass.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle
I’m flying DL from LHR-ATL this morning and was unable to check-in online, have to go to the counter.

When I flew BA LHR-IAD in March I was able to check-in via the app after I submitted my negative test.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Here is what the Air Canada OLCI looked like this morning.

SanDiego1K, LupineChemist and nk15 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
For my family's flight LH, they asked to check that they understand the mask policy and to upload their proof of vaccination during OLCI. No online attestation.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Nayef
For my family's flight LH, they asked to check that they understand the mask policy and to upload their proof of vaccination during OLCI. No online attestation.
Correct, the CDC scrapped the attestation as the same time as the test requirement.

LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by jimkwatson
Correct, the CDC scrapped the attestation as the same time as the test requirement.
They have introduced a new attestation form that is the same level of ridiculous as the previous one, but of course skips the part about test results and only applies to vaccination status. Also, given that US Citizens and residents have no requirement to be vaccinated, it is only to be filled out by non-resident foreigners.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/order-safe-travel.html
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CyBeR
They have introduced a new attestation form that is the same level of ridiculous as the previous one, but of course skips the part about test results and only applies to vaccination status. Also, given that US Citizens and residents have no requirement to be vaccinated, it is only to be filled out by non-resident foreigners.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/order-safe-travel.html
When I look at my DL itinerary to return to the USA, it indicates that there's an attestation form but it's still too early to complete it, even though I've been getting emails to got to the DL FlyReady thingy.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 8:49 am

I flew back into the US on June 11 and had my negative test result in hand. No one even looked at it then nor did they ask for it. If I had known that, i'd not have wasted nearly $150.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LWkitty
Well, testing is still required for cruising. Maybe you could sell them to a friend who has an upcoming cruise? Just a thought ...
That depends on the cruise line - at least in Athens WIndstar is back to free testing at the port of embarkation. No pretest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.