Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by eng3
Though who knows, they could easily flipflop on this in a few months.
Theoretically they could, but I think the odds of that are incredibly small, to the point they're not worth worrying about.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Originally Posted by nk15
Sitting cooped up in packed economy on a 10-hour TATL with a few maskless infected coughers will be a mass casualty event....
If by "casualty" you mean death, this is highly unlikely. Worldwide Covid deaths are currently the lowest they've been since March...of 2020.
VCURamFan likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Will there be a new CDC attestation form or will they keep using the old ones while ignoring the section about testing?
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:52 am

Programs: DL PM
Looked at Delta.com and they are quick to add the testing repeal news on the top banner on their site. AA’s a bit more obfuscated but the info is quick to be updated as well.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Nayef
Will there be a new CDC attestation form or will they keep using the old ones while ignoring the section about testing?

CDC states the attestation is also gone.
Nayef likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:04 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
This morning at ZRH no more test required, however, I was still handed the attestation form and asked to fill it out, which is kinda ridicoulous since for the first question you have to tick you've done the test. Airside within the lounge in ZRH and later also at Frankfurt FCT when asking what I'm supposed to do with this form they promptly disposed of it for me

The updated rules at least seem to have arrived airside, I'd give it a few hours to reach all the Check-In agents.
volabam, DaveS, wooootles and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:19 am

Which airline? I wonder if there’s a difference between US-based airlines and foreign carriers in how quickly they adjust to the testing news.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:47 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by wooootles
Which airline? I wonder if there’s a difference between US-based airlines and foreign carriers in how quickly they adjust to the testing news.
Swiss and Lufthansa
wooootles likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wooootles
Looked at Delta.com and they are quick to add the testing repeal news on the top banner on their site. AA’s a bit more obfuscated but the info is quick to be updated as well.
The DL website has the repeal announcement but then repeats the old information about tests being required with details of the (old) rules.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Flying to the US today from CDG on AF. Ready to Fly has been updated this morning mentioning clearly that test was not needed anymore and that only the vaccination certificate was required. I uploaded just the vaccine doc and it was validated 5 min later. At CDG, they just asked to see the vaccine certificate and that was it. It took 30 sec. No more forms needed.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I need to find the refund policy for qured. I have an unopened kit sitting at my mom's house in the UK.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The DL website has the repeal announcement but then repeats the old information about tests being required with details of the (old) rules.
Hmm, you must have some weird cookies issue, because the announcement is front and center, even if you click the link.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Well I did and grabbing my ankles. I'm sure they wrote those T&C's knowing most people buy these tests way more than only 14 days out (like me).

Goodbye cruel testing company.

"Hello Ian,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

By verifying your order in the system, it shows that it has been purchased more than 14 days ago and according to our Terms and Conditions, we can only guarantee a refund for those orders that was placed before 14 days, please be guided by our T&C: https://www.qured.com/terms-and-conditions.

We hope for your kind understanding.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

For any other concerns please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards"
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Well I did and grabbing my ankles. I'm sure they wrote those T&C's knowing most people buy these tests way more than only 14 days out (like me).

Goodbye cruel testing company.

"Hello Ian,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

By verifying your order in the system, it shows that it has been purchased more than 14 days ago and according to our Terms and Conditions, we can only guarantee a refund for those orders that was placed before 14 days, please be guided by our T&C: https://www.qured.com/terms-and-conditions.

We hope for your kind understanding.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

For any other concerns please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards"
Better than:

eMed Refund and Replacement Policy: Once you Place Your Order from the Checkout page, it is non-refundable - all sales are final.
enviroian likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: free agent
Any US citizen who fly today and next few days, were you able to do mobile check-in and obtain boarding pass on your phone, instead of going to check-in desks to show negative tests? I'm just curious, with this no-test requirement, are we actually almost return to old days - Waltz through gate (or lounge first) once you arrive European or anywhere airports for U.S. bound destinations?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.