Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Oz Fest

Unfortunately, four or five attendees came down with COVID at Oz Fest including me. Lots of discussion on that forum.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:03 pm

Why do divers fall off the boat backwards?

Because if they fell forward they’d still be on the boat.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:24 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Why endanger yourself and others in attending a maskless superspreader event in Australia? Cases have shot up through the roof. Mask up and stay away from these petri-dish events. Your life expectancy will thank you in the long run.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Why endanger yourself and others in attending a maskless superspreader event in Australia? Cases have shot up through the roof. Mask up and stay away from these petri-dish events. Your life expectancy will thank you in the long run.
Now you tell me.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some people prefer to enjoy their lives rather than extend them for as long as possible.

Of course it's a personal choice.
ksucats, gojko88, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by rxgeek
Unfortunately, four or five attendees came down with COVID at Oz Fest including me. Lots of discussion on that forum.
where is that forum - I checked the Oceania / australia forum and don’t see it.
feel better.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
where is that forum - I checked the Oceania / australia forum and don’t see it.
feel better.
Oz Fest 18 Melbourne, VIC, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 27 to May 29, 2022
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
i have read the thread in Community Buzz
in fairness nobody attends expecting to be sick or spread illness.
nobody is forced to attend.

i guess that rxgeek and other non-Australian visitors are still recovering in Australia. In typical ft community, they’re exchanging tips and suffering together.

I venture that they’ll gather next year in HBA (Hobart) and have fun. As before, nobody is forced to join.
LETTERBOY, FlyerEC and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:48 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Was supposed to have there too in Melbourne , Australia for Oz Fest but ..

here yours truly is stuck in Marrakech , Africa from a M city , to another A continent ..

LH is a mess , FRA too
Cancelled our 🛫 , seems business class overbooked ‼️
Our 2 friends were bumped to 8 June but yesterday the TA managed to get us all on 3 June 1 . 30 am 🛫 🤞🏻

Staff at various hotels are all masked

Our meals are / were outdoors .. sometimes in villa

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34289008-post226.html

Might wait awhile before 🛫 again after Saturday .. let all airlines & airports get their act together 🤞🏻 , YMMV

Still pleased & relieved to be 🛫 again after 2 years & 4 months

See you in Hobart 🤞🏻 2023 !
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jun 2, 2022 at 2:29 am
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:03 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
It's very simple and it has been since the beginning: Either accept that you will get COVID at some point in your life, or keep hiding from it forever, not being able to participate in normal activities. There's nothing in between, this is gonna be an endemic disease that's gonna spread in the society forever.

Personally, I'm choosing normal social life, especially after I already had covid twice anyway. Even if it should mean shorter life for me, I'd rather be around other people, doing the stuff I like and enjoying every second I get, than being miserable and lonely for another 50 years.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 4:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Some people prefer to enjoy their lives rather than extend them for as long as possible.

Of course it's a personal choice.
Don't feed the Troll....
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.