Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

TSA no longer enforcing US mask mandate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA no longer enforcing US mask mandate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:51 am

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelForum
Good luck enforcing an unconstitutional rule. I'm sure they will come around.....eventually.
Unless Logan is a Federally Owned/Operated airport, don’t see how they can’t enforce it. I assume it’s up to the State/Local Municipality. Once they’re in the air/on the plane is a different matter.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CloneCones
Unless Logan is a Federally Owned/Operated airport, don’t see how they can’t enforce it. I assume it’s up to the State/Local Municipality. Once they’re in the air/on the plane is a different matter.
Good luck arresting everyone walking through the terminal without one. Again, TSA can't arrest you.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by TravelForum
Good luck arresting everyone walking through the terminal without one. Again, TSA can't arrest you.
Way to miss the point but you do you brother
willywilkes likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:13 pm

My friend is a flight attendant. I just asked her for her thoughts. She said she is glad she no longer has to police passengers because that was a slow road to hell. Personally, she will continue to mask; she has not had Covid yet and has enjoyed less sickness since she started masking. She intends to get the second booster, but has not yet.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CloneCones
Way to miss the point but you do you brother
I do get the point. At the end of the day, I will do me. I won't wear one if I'm in one of those airports.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by volabam
I truly sympathize with those who are worried but take comfort in that one-way masking will protect them so long as they choose effective masks rather than the commonly worn cloth ones. As far as airlines mandating, absent the air cover of a government mandate, it will be market suicide which is why we saw the majors very quickly announce they were eliminating any mandates based on corporate policy this afternoon.
Actually, a fit tested n-95 only prevents contagion for 2.5 hours if an infected person isn’t wearing a mask.
​​​​​​​
nk15 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:52 pm

I am voting with my wallet. All of my near term domestic flights have been rebooked as separate tickets via Canada. I am fortunate that I am only traveling to and from cities with direct service to major Canadian airports.

I am just appalled by how selfish people are.
reallylovestotravel and nk15 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by PeteyNice
I am voting with my wallet. All of my near term domestic flights have been rebooked as separate tickets via Canada. I am fortunate that I am only traveling to and from cities with direct service to major Canadian airports.

Physician, heal thyself.

"Two weeks" turned into 25 months. "Just wear a mask for the first 100 days of my presidency" turned into 453 days.

We're not the selfish ones.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs

I know this is a sidebar, but do you mean you're flying domestically in Canada sans transiting in the US? Or that you're flying from US>Canada sans an intermediary US connector?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Puh-lease. Perhaps maybe not be so selfish in that you want to control what everyone else does?

I literally have zero desire to control what anyone else does. I don't get why half the population believe they need to tell you what to do, how to do it, how you should protect yourself, etc. As the saying goes -- you do you, I'll do me. Nothing selfish about that.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Physician, heal thyself.

"Two weeks" turned into 25 months. "Just wear a mask for the first 100 days of my presidency" turned into 453 days.

We're not the selfish ones.
Oh no! I have to wear a piece of fabric over my face for a few hours! Oh the humanity!

Until there is widely available treatment for immunocompromised people, you will continue to be selfish.

Your comfort for a few hours is more important to you than someone else's life. Don't beat around the bush, just own it.
reallylovestotravel and nk15 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by northinsouth
I know this is a sidebar, but do you mean you're flying domestically in Canada sans transiting in the US? Or that you're flying from US>Canada sans an intermediary US connector?
As an example. Instead of taking a non-stop SEA-EWR or SEA-ORD-EWR or whatever, I booked SEA-YYZ and YYZ-EWR as separate tickets.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Oh no! I have to wear a piece of fabric over my face for a few hours! Oh the humanity!

Until there is widely available treatment for immunocompromised people, you will continue to be selfish.

Your comfort for a few hours is more important to you than someone else's life. Don't beat around the bush, just own it.
Covid continued to spread like wildfire in 2020 despite near-universal masking. Omicron spread from South Africa to the U.S. in late 2021 in a matter of days despite strict airline mask mandates.

It's not March 2020 anymore. Time to stop pretending that it is.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Instead of taking a non-stop SEA-EWR, I booked SEA-YYZ and YYZ-EWR as separate tickets.
Ah, I get it. You're flying AC and transiting where masks are still required vs. US carrier where the mandate was lifted? Is the cost comparable?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:09 pm
Suspended

No, believe me, the goal posts would only move further and further to placate the goofballs. 14 days to flatten the curve, then until we have vaccines (goal posts move again), now you need 18 boosters (and we have treatments, by the way). It's never ending. You and those who agree with you are addicted to power and controlling what others do.

Next, there will be another variant, then another, then another and so on. Again, it's never ending. It's been shown over the past 25 months.
weero, tai4de2, ksucats and 7 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.