Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Crossing the international dateline with one day antigen test to Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC

Hello. In view of the new rules for entering Canada, I'm wondering if an antigen test taken the day before in Cambodia (or even early the day of) a flight with connection via South Korea, would be sufficient to enter Canada the following day. 1. antigen test on Thursday am, 2. 1st flight out 11 pm in Thursday, 3. Connecting flight in ICN (after 12 hour in airport layover) at 6 pm Friday; 4. Arrival in Vancouver @ noon on Friday.

Technically more than 24 hours but within the one day antigen test instructions. Fully vaccinated with arrive canada app filled in.

Looking for actual experience thank you.

Sincerely,

Lorna
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Lornag

Technically more than 24 hours but within the one day antigen test instructions. Fully vaccinated with arrive canada app filled in.

Looking for actual experience thank you.

Lorna
I had an Antigen test the day before my arrival in Canada that was actually at the 36 hour mark. No issues. The official policy is day of or day before. Hours are irrelevant.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
The test is based on departure time of your flight for entry into Canada. So it doesn’t matter how many connections you take before, it’s the last departure for your Canada bound flight that the airline should check for proof. Once in Canada, if you have more legs, that doesn’t matter either as they are internal. So base your test on local time of your departure of your Canada bound flight, not the arrival day/time in Canada.

So, if your flight leaves Friday evening, you should take it anytime Thursday. It’s the last leg that checks it.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 5:55 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Sounds like I will be good to go then with a test on Thursday (now afternoon). Thank you.

Lornag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.