Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Is eMed/Video Proctored RAT acceptable for entry to Australia?

Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold

Does anyone have any experience using the eMed or other video proctored rapid antigen tests (RAT) for entry into Australia?

It seems like this would be acceptable based on the Australian Department of Health requirements for testing (https://www.health.gov.au/health-ale...arture-testing), but would love to hear from anyone with first hand experience. There isn't any explicit mention or inclusion of video proctored tests on the Australian sites like there is on the CDC website.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:17 am

seadan Have you learned anything more about this? I have the same question. Have some Abbott tests with eMED/Navica and wondering if their "supervision" counts toward Australia entry requirements.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Amanda Dwelley
seadan Have you learned anything more about this? I have the same question. Have some Abbott tests with eMED/Navica and wondering if their "supervision" counts toward Australia entry requirements.
So, far, nothing definitive. However, we are visiting Fiji first, and they recently updated their pre-departure testing guidelines to allow RAT. The wording on Fiji's site is almost exactly, word-for-word, the requirements on Australia's site. And our hotel in Fiji asked on an industry forum and got this answer from another hotel:
I checked with MCTTT who advised that the eMed certificate meets the requirements outline on their site
So, given that, it would be logical to assume that the same certificate would meet the requirements for Australia, but ultimately as with anything in the time of COVID, it may be subject to different interpretation. (And I also don't know if the accepted tests are different based on your origin/destination country, e.g. as Abbott/eMed may not be authorized in the departure/arrival country.) I, personally, would love some confirmation from someone who has done this. Unless I hear a definitive 'no', we'll give it a try in a couple weeks and can report back -- just need to also make sure we have a backup option in case it's not accepted at check-in!
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:33 am
HGF

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone tried this out yet?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

I was able to use the eMed test to successfully enter Fiji, though we did not end up using it when entering Australia due to spotty internet. However, anecdotally, a colleague was able to use the eMed test to go direct US -> Australia without issue.

I think it should be totally fine, but ultimately it's up to the check-in agent who is reviewing the documentation to confirm it meets the listed requirements.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Amanda Dwelley
Hi Amanda - Have you tried this? I'm leaving for Australia on Friday and based on my own research think this should be fine but would love confirmation!
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by Maggie Mc
Hi Amanda - Have you tried this? I'm leaving for Australia on Friday and based on my own research think this should be fine but would love confirmation!
I've heard that it is accepted, but would love to hear a first hand account before my trip.....
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Any first hand reports on using eMed to successfully enter?
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
Any first hand reports on using eMed to successfully enter?
When are you flying?

From April 18 no more testing requirements https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34104500-post1553.html
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Next week. So the the updated policy doesn’t apply, unfortunately.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Has anyone successfully tried this yet?

I'm leaving for SYD in a few days and will be presenting the eMed test (but also having a backup PCR just in case) and will report back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.