Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyingfkb
All internal restrictions removed:
  • Belgium - No border restrictions (per IATA, no restrictions; per Belgian government, "This does not apply to travelers coming from a country with a new variant of concern.").
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina - No border restrictions.
  • Bulgaria - No border restrictions.
  • Denmark - No border restrictions.
  • Croatia - No border restrictions.
  • Czech Republic - No border restrictions.
  • England - No border restrictions.
  • Estonia - No border restrictions.
  • Finland - No border restrictions.
  • France - Some border restrictions remain for non-vaccinated pax coming from some non-EU countries. Masks required on some public transport (Nice).
  • Germany - No border restrictions.
  • Greece - No border restrictions. ​
  • Hungary - No border restrictions.
  • Iceland - No border restrictions.
  • Ireland - No border restrictions.
  • Kosovo - No border restrictions.
  • Latvia - No border restrictions.
  • Malta - No border restrictions.
  • Moldova - No border restrictions.
  • Netherlands - Some border restrictions remain for non-EU arrivals.
  • Norway - No border restrictions.
  • North Macedonia - No border restrictions.
  • Poland - No border restrictions.
  • Portugal, Madeira and Porto Santo - no border restrictions (excludes Azores)
  • Romania - No border restrictions.
  • Scotland - No border restrictions.
  • Serbia - No border restrictions.
  • Slovakia - No border restrictions.
  • Slovenia - No border restrictions.
  • Sweden - No border restrictions.
  • Switzerland - No border restrictions.
  • Turkey - No border restrictions.
  • Wales - No border restrictions.
Internal restrictions generally removed, but masks still needed in some situations:
  • Austria - No border restrictions. Masks required in Vienna.
  • Cyprus (excluding TRNC) - No border restrictions. Masks needed on public transport.
  • Italy - No border restrictions. Face mask rules extended to 30 September on public transport and indoor settings.
  • Lithuania - No border restrictions but masks required on public transport.
​​​Note that the list excludes any restrictions that may exist in health care and social care, as these are generally irrelevant for tourists.

European airlines not requiring masks on board:
  • Network-wide: Norwegian, Czech Airlines, Smartwings, Flyr, Widerĝe, BRA, TAP, Brussels Airlines
  • On some routes:
    • airBaltic - Recommended on all flights, but only required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • Air France - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • Air Serbia
    • Austrian - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • British Airways - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate - list available on BA's website
    • Croatia Airlines - Required to/from Germany
    • EasyJet - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate.
    • Finnair - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. Currently only TO Spain. List here: https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/flight...lights-2364672
    • Icelandair - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate: Paris, Germany and Canada
    • KLM - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate, list not available.
    • LOT - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate extending to foreign planes. List not available.
    • SAS - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate extending to foreign planes: Flights to/from Italy and China.
    • Swiss - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate - list available on Swiss website.
    • Wizz Air - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate, list not available.
Print Wikipost

Europe reopening 2022 -

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by florens
Lithuania is pretty much back to normal. No more entry restrictions from EU. There is only a mask requirement indoors, that's it. Restrictions may apply for non-schengen arrivals, I haven't checked the details on that.
What if a non-Schengen person finds himself in Lithuania? Is a COVID code/passport necessary to do anything?
Old Mar 5, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
I have a bit of a hypothetical question. I realise that it's still some time away, but I just want to be prepared.

If you aren't eligible to enter a country only due to covid restrictions, what would be the likelihood of being able to collect your bags and board a flight to a country you can enter?

I have flights booked to Amsterdam in July. I'm flying into Helsinki and then connecting to Amsterdam the same day. These flights are on one PNR. I have a separate flight booked from Amsterdam to Aberdeen, but it's with a different airline and PNR. These flights were booked before Australia was taken off the safe list. I'm concerned about the possibility that Australia is not back on the safe list by the time I travel. The Dutch govt website says you can transit if you have a connecting flight. This would be an onward flight, but not a connecting flight.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Denmark didn't remove all border restrictions from 1st of March but the new regulations are very mild:

If you are vaccinated or previously infected: There are no travel restrictions when entering Denmark.

If you are not vaccinated or previously infected: There are no travel restrictions if you enter from EU or Schengen countries. If you enter from a country outside EU and Schengen, you must take a test at a test centre within 24 hours upon entry (self-tests are not valid for this purpose).

Note that covid tests are free of charge for everyone in Denmark.
GUWonder and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by weegraeme
I have a bit of a hypothetical question. I realise that it's still some time away, but I just want to be prepared.

If you aren't eligible to enter a country only due to covid restrictions, what would be the likelihood of being able to collect your bags and board a flight to a country you can enter?

I have flights booked to Amsterdam in July. I'm flying into Helsinki and then connecting to Amsterdam the same day. These flights are on one PNR. I have a separate flight booked from Amsterdam to Aberdeen, but it's with a different airline and PNR. These flights were booked before Australia was taken off the safe list. I'm concerned about the possibility that Australia is not back on the safe list by the time I travel. The Dutch govt website says you can transit if you have a connecting flight. This would be an onward flight, but not a connecting flight.
Fully vaccinated passengers can enter the Netherlands no matter if your origin is on the safe list or not.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Sweden’s remaining Covid-19 restrictions for some border crossing travel will likely phase out no later than the end of March. Other than that, it’s basically reopened already.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Fully vaccinated passengers can enter the Netherlands no matter if your origin is on the safe list or not.
Will they accept a photo of our CDC card?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by SudOvest
No idea...it would be up to the airline at your point of origin to determine that.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SudOvest
I like to play with these things, and I've had the photo of it work for me at times -- even had it suggested that they would accept that. But it depends on with whom you are dealing and what their comfort level is with things. Sometimes it didn't work or wasn't worth trying to push the matter to make it work.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
It seems that Turkey removed mandatory masks from everywhere bar public transport.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:16 am

Is there any chat of the Netherlands dropping its testing requirements for entry?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:48 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
It seems that Turkey removed mandatory masks from everywhere bar public transport.
Having just spent 10 days in Turkey, authorities didn't seem to care if their peers sauntered about mask-less, be it at Sabiha Gökçen, or in dolmuș.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Having just spent 10 days in Turkey, authorities didn't seem to care if their peers sauntered about mask-less, be it at Sabiha Gökçen, or in dolmuș.
I'm not saying anybody cared about it while it was in force, rather that it has been now abolished in most parts. (this is on a hearsay level, from locals here)
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:00 am

Ireland and Hungary have now also dropped all Covid travel restrictions https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...-travel-rules/

Keep them coming.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Jet2 no longer requires masks on board, except on flights to/from Scotland.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
From 1st April 2022, Switzerland is dropping the last remaining measures (masks in public transport and hospitals).
adrianlondon and the810 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.