Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyingfkb
All internal restrictions removed:
  • Belgium - No border restrictions (per IATA, no restrictions; per Belgian government, "This does not apply to travelers coming from a country with a new variant of concern.").
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina - No border restrictions.
  • Bulgaria - No border restrictions.
  • Denmark - No border restrictions.
  • Croatia - No border restrictions.
  • Czech Republic - No border restrictions.
  • England - No border restrictions.
  • Estonia - No border restrictions.
  • Finland - No border restrictions.
  • France - Some border restrictions remain for non-vaccinated pax coming from some non-EU countries. Masks required on some public transport (Nice).
  • Germany - No border restrictions.
  • Greece - No border restrictions. ​
  • Hungary - No border restrictions.
  • Iceland - No border restrictions.
  • Ireland - No border restrictions.
  • Kosovo - No border restrictions.
  • Latvia - No border restrictions.
  • Malta - No border restrictions.
  • Moldova - No border restrictions.
  • Netherlands - Some border restrictions remain for non-EU arrivals.
  • Norway - No border restrictions.
  • North Macedonia - No border restrictions.
  • Poland - No border restrictions.
  • Portugal, Madeira and Porto Santo - no border restrictions (excludes Azores)
  • Romania - No border restrictions.
  • Scotland - No border restrictions.
  • Serbia - No border restrictions.
  • Slovakia - No border restrictions.
  • Slovenia - No border restrictions.
  • Sweden - No border restrictions.
  • Switzerland - No border restrictions.
  • Turkey - No border restrictions.
  • Wales - No border restrictions.
Internal restrictions generally removed, but masks still needed in some situations:
  • Austria - No border restrictions. Masks required in Vienna.
  • Cyprus (excluding TRNC) - No border restrictions. Masks needed on public transport.
  • Italy - No border restrictions. Face mask rules extended to 30 September on public transport and indoor settings.
  • Lithuania - No border restrictions but masks required on public transport.
​​​Note that the list excludes any restrictions that may exist in health care and social care, as these are generally irrelevant for tourists.

European airlines not requiring masks on board:
  • Network-wide: Norwegian, Czech Airlines, Smartwings, Flyr, Widerøe, BRA, TAP, Brussels Airlines
  • On some routes:
    • airBaltic - Recommended on all flights, but only required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • Air France - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • Air Serbia
    • Austrian - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • British Airways - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate - list available on BA's website
    • Croatia Airlines - Required to/from Germany
    • EasyJet - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate.
    • Finnair - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. Currently only TO Spain. List here: https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/flight...lights-2364672
    • Icelandair - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate: Paris, Germany and Canada
    • KLM - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate, list not available.
    • LOT - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate extending to foreign planes. List not available.
    • SAS - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate extending to foreign planes: Flights to/from Italy and China.
    • Swiss - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate - list available on Swiss website.
    • Wizz Air - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate, list not available.
Print Wikipost

Europe reopening 2022 -

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by js1993
If you take the train from London to Paris, what travel and/or Covid documents are checked and when/where? Thanks.
Passport. At the train station. Before departure.
WindowSeatFlyer and js1993 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by CMK10
I did a Europe trip a few weeks ago.

- Frankfurt, Germany: Masking required on inbound and outbound flights and was enforced pretty strongly.
Depends on the airline. LH probably is still in Mask-Polizei mode. E.g AY requires no mask to/from Germany (or anywhere else in Europe, except TO Spain)

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm in Finland right now. The only people wearing masks on the Finnair flight were a few Japanese people. No FAs or staff were wearing masks. No masks required in the airport, though a few people were wearing them (5% or less).

I saw a couple of lost-looking American tourists wearing masks outside; other than that I haven't seen anyone wearing a mask anywhere in the city (Helsinki), indoors or out, and that includes staff at the hotel and at restaurants. I haven't taken public transit. I took a cab from the airport and there was a plexiglass divider but my driver was not wearing a mask.
Finland (and most of Europe) is back to 2019. You can sometimes see people wearing a mask, but that's a rare sighting.

If someone feels they need to wear, they do. The other 99,5% just gets on with their lives. In the capital area of 2m+ people we have 35-50 people hospitalised and ca 5 in ICU.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: DL PM
I’ve just visited Denmark and Sweden, and am currently in Iceland.

Aside from a very few of the obviously elderly, there is virtually no masking around these parts, no covid anything whatsoever aside from some hand sanitizer stations here and there.
LETTERBOY, volabam and js1993 like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:39 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
If you take the train from London to Paris, what travel and/or Covid documents are checked and when/where? Thanks.
Passport. At the train station. Before departure.
No, you still need proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter France. It will be checked by the train staff, and the French immigration officers will assume it is done before you get to them, so they don't care.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:42 am

I’ve just visited Denmark and Sweden, and am currently in Iceland.

Aside from a very few of the obviously elderly, there is virtually no masking around these parts, no covid anything whatsoever aside from some hand sanitizer stations here and there.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Cases are 'skyrocketing' in Nice, FR and the city has brought back mask mandates on public transport from this coming Monday.
I've been in Southern France a month, mostly in Perpignan and Nice.... there's definitely a massive surge going on. Lots of people are obviously sick (either with persistent, deep coughing, or with nasal congestion bad enough where they're frequently 'slurping'). The vast majority I've noticed have been teenagers or college age, and almost all were unmasked.

I generally don't wear a mask, but I did wear one on the train from Nice to Lyon last week. The guy in the seat in front of me was hacking up a lung, and it's a 4.5 hour trip. Luckily I was vaccinated with Novavax, which is currently the only vaccine that's proven highly effective against all variants. Didn't get sick!
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
I have only just seen this, but Slovakia removed entry restrictions on the 13th July according to IATA. That only leaves Russia and Ukraine in Eastern Europe with entry restrictions.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Depends on the airline. LH probably is still in Mask-Polizei mode. E.g AY requires no mask to/from Germany (or anywhere else in Europe, except TO Spain).
Agree - Just flew to adn from FRA on AA. Generally, few masks anywhere in airport (other than security guards walking around) and I only saw one or two people masked on the plane.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:09 am

https://deputyprimeminister.gov.mt/e...fore%20arrival.

Malta removes all requirements starting from 25th of July.
LETTERBOY, the810, volabam and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by InspektorVI
https://deputyprimeminister.gov.mt/e...fore%20arrival.

Malta removes all requirements starting from 25th of July.
Good to know that it's official now.

As I posted earlier, requirements were ignored since at least the beginning of July.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:18 pm

Planning for a potential LIS->BCN flight.
Will the flight and/or authorities still ask for covid documentation?
Old Jul 20, 2022, 6:23 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by wooootles
For arrivals to Spain from an EU country, believe the answer is no as of about two weeks ago.
wooootles likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 2:59 am

Is there a country by country list of current Covid masking requirements in Europe — masking required on flights, masking required indoors, masking required on public transport, etc.?

If not, anyone know the current rules in the U.K., Finland, France, Hungary, and/or Czech Republic?

Looking at different flight options, but I don't want to mess up and book flights requiring masks. Thanks.
Stay out of Germany.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by wooootles
Arrivals from a Schengen country do not need any Covid documentation or health locator form or QR code. Confirmed Athens - Barcelona a couple of days ago.
wooootles likes this.

Last edited by Bandicoot; Jul 21, 2022 at 5:54 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:46 am

Thanks for the feedback dudes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.