Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

175 Passengers/80% of flight is Covid Positive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

175 Passengers/80% of flight is Covid Positive

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Exclamation 175 Passengers/80% of flight is Covid Positive

Thoughts on this? Will there be new travel bans in the coming months? They all were placed into Hotel Quarantine but some managed to "escape".

https://emeatribune.com/173-onboard-...g-in-amritsar/
Old Jan 7, 2022, 8:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
A ban on what, exactly? Charter flights?

The article didn't seem to have much information, but if this was a group tour or similar, I don't think it's surprising that Omicron spread through the group over time.
DaveS likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 11:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
A ban on what, exactly? Charter flights?

The article didn't seem to have much information, but if this was a group tour or similar, I don't think it's surprising that Omicron spread through the group over time.
Sounds to me like a religious festival flight to India for people of Indian-origin living in Italy.

SARS-COV-2 spreading to 80% of passengers between arrival at departure airport in Italy and arrival at airport in India? Sounds unlikely to go from 0-10% to 80% in the course of the journey.
ezefllying likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
The New York Times has more (may be paywalled); the headline: "Hundreds tested positive after flying from Italy to India, but the problem may be the tests."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/07/w...aly-india.html
Old Jan 8, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by progapanda
The New York Times has more (may be paywalled); the headline: "Hundreds tested positive after flying from Italy to India, but the problem may be the tests."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/07/w...aly-india.html
The story notes that all of the tests were carried out by one company, states Indian officials are skeptical of the results, and quotes one Indian official who says they're dropping the testing company. So, while the tests might be accurate, it sounds like the Indians believe they aren't.
Antonio8069 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.