UAE / DXB entry

Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by houstr8male
I’ve just read two articles stating that UAE has dropped the PCR test requirement for fully vaccinated travelers. However.. “the new policy says vaccinated passengers only need to show a vaccine certificate with an approved QR code.” I don’t see a QR code on my US CDC card. Is there a process to get a QR code?
Google "vax yes qr code" or some states have their own website for it also.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: DL PM
Following up on this - What does Dubai define as "fully vaccinated?" 2x vaxxed, +need booster?

I am on my way to Dubai in less than 2 weeks, and if this article I'm reading is right, unvaccinated PCR entry will tighten up to 48hrs. This can be very good or very bad.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Google "vax yes qr code" or some states have their own website for it also.
Thanks for that info. Living in Texas, we don’t have a state vaccine passport or digital record due to our backwards a** state government. I got my shots at a senior nursing center so other than the vaccine card, I didn’t know where to find the record.

I was able to upload everything and get my digital card with QR code in less than 5 mins. Hopefully, this will be accepted upon boarding or arrival into DXB.

Last edited by anaggie; Feb 27, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by wooootles
Following up on this - What does Dubai define as "fully vaccinated?" 2x vaxxed, +need booster?
It is not explicitly defined for visitors, but for UAE citizens it is defined as :

Must have completed 3 doses of any approved vaccine: or
Must have completed 2 doses and have recovered from COVID‑19 infection; or
Must have completed 2 doses of any approved vaccine and the second dose within last 6 months, or
Must have recovered from a COVID‑19 infection not more than 3 months from the date of the recovery certificate, regardless of the number of vaccine doses received; or
Must have received a single dose of Janssen COVID‑19 Vaccine within the last two 2 months of the date of planned travel.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by B747-437B
It is not explicitly defined for visitors, but for UAE citizens it is defined as :
Thanks. Now this has the potential to ruin my trip.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: BA, Avis, Amex
I am sorry if this has been answered earlier but can anyone confirm that if we are fully vaccinated (UK) there is no more PCR test requirement?

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...ents/tourists/

thank you
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:31 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Seems virtually pointless if you have to PCR test to do anything in the UAE anyway. Testing wasn't even required to transit, unless the destination country deemed it necessary.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Seems virtually pointless if you have to PCR test to do anything in the UAE anyway. Testing wasn't even required to transit, unless the destination country deemed it necessary.
what things do you need to have a pcr test to do in the uae?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
PCR in the UAE is only required for the Al Hosn Green Pass, which is only required for accessing public places in Abu Dhabi. If you're staying in Dubai or the remaining emirates, then you will not be asked for the Green Pass at any point.
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stargold
PCR in the UAE is only required for the Al Hosn Green Pass, which is only required for accessing public places in Abu Dhabi. If you're staying in Dubai or the remaining emirates, then you will not be asked for the Green Pass at any point.

If you visit Expo site you need a PCR test I believe but I think that is the only place
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
If you visit Expo site you need a PCR test I believe but I think that is the only place
I don't think you do for expo if fully jabbed, although you may need to show some evidence of your jabs.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't think you do for expo if fully jabbed, although you may need to show some evidence of your jabs.
That's right - for the Expo, the requirement is to be either vaccinated or PCR tested.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:16 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

World Expo?
Old Mar 6, 2022, 4:50 am

That's right - for the Expo, the requirement is to be either vaccinated or PCR tested.
I can confirm this...was there last week.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:29 pm

I’m curious to know if the cdc card converted to a EU greenpass issued by Switzerland would be accepted. I converted mine for travel within the EU and it has a QR code on it. Has anyone from US or another country that converted it used it to meet the QR requirement for entry to Dubai

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.