Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

HELP: UK T+T self-isolation for visitor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP: UK T+T self-isolation for visitor?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by KARFA
i think that is very tenuous - btw this is me being diplomatic
Do you think our authorities would want to pursue it rather take a view that arguing the matter isn't in the public interest and move on to other things? I understand they could, and in more egregious cases would hope that they would.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Do you think our authorities would want to pursue it rather take a view that arguing the matter isn't in the public interest and move on to other things? I understand they could, and in more egregious cases would hope that they would.
I have actually had a similar thought to yours in wondering how I would react should I be contacted by T&T during my Xmas visit from the US (having been vaccinated in the US but a UK citizen)

Notwithstanding the fact I tend to agree with KARFA that it’s not a great line of defence to suggest there’s a clinical reason not to be vaccinated, I do think the risk of something (a fine, arrest, prosecution etc) ever arising from failing to self isolate when double jabbed overseas is so low that I’ve decided I would just ignore any T&T notifications (in the absence of any symptoms, of course) and act in the same way someone vaccinated in the UK would be asked to behave in the event of being contacted.

Each individual will make up their own mind of course but I find it hard to believe that any double jabbed holidaymakers to the UK will be following any self isolation requirement.
LETTERBOY and KARFA like this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by mattg85
...I do think the risk of something (a fine, arrest, prosecution etc) ever arising from failing to self isolate when double jabbed overseas is so low...
I'd expect you'd get the fine unless you told the person issuing the FN that you had a clinical reason. They might accept that, although I'd suspect not if they had been dispatched by T+T. Then it'd be a matter of not paying it and seeing in CPS(?) thought it was worth pursuing.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: Iberia
Originally Posted by DaveS
There are examples here of people being contacted on what would be day 10 of their isolation period. To be confident of not being traced in time I think you would want to be out of the UK on or before day 4.
As a data point, I was contacted 62 hours after arriving on a full DUS - LHR flight. I believe the everyone on the whole flight will be contacted, because the PLF no longer asks for seat number.

And thanks to the contributors to this thread, it has helped clarify the situation for me in terms of isolating.
DaveS likes this.

Last edited by SherlockMiles; Nov 10, 2021 at 4:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.