Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel to Sweden

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2021, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Travel to Sweden

Please note this was my experience- I would be careful about thinking this is the norm.
I had a work trip planned to Sweden, I read all of the rules everywhere in terms of vaccines and necessary tests etc.
At BOS they did check my passport and negative test.
Upon arrival at Amsterdam I gave them my passport at passport control, the agent asked 3 questions, where are you going - Gothenberg, Why are you going- technical stuff for my company, when are you coming back?- next week. He then stamped my passport without any questions about lab test, vaccine or the dutch health form.
Upon arrival in Gothenberg I simply got off the plane, collected my luggage and left, there was no passport control or customs.
So basically nobody except Delta ever asked if I was vaccinated, checked for a negative test or asked for any proof of why I was visting.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by disalex
Please note this was my experience- I would be careful about thinking this is the norm.
I had a work trip planned to Sweden, I read all of the rules everywhere in terms of vaccines and necessary tests etc.
Upon arrival at Amsterdam I gave them my passport at passport control, the agent asked 3 questions, where are you going - Gothenberg, Why are you going- technical stuff for my company, when are you coming back?- next week. He then stamped my passport without any questions about lab test, vaccine or the dutch health form.
Upon arrival in Gothenberg I simply got off the plane, collected my luggage and left, there was no passport control or customs.
So basically nobody except Delta ever asked if I was vaccinated, checked for a negative test or asked for any proof of why I was visting.
I think that’s pretty typical. I’ve had the exact same experience every time I have flown to CDG or AMS in the past year.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:42 am
Original Poster

I was just so surprised, everything I read made it sound so strict. I was reading articles about people stuck in airports because they didn't have an approved test and the Dutch web site specifically says we don't recommend transiting the Netherlands.
I was actually concerned about getting in! Guess I need not have worried
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I was just so surprised, everything I read made it sound so strict. I was reading articles about people stuck in airports because they didn't have an approved test and the Dutch web site specifically says we don't recommend transiting the Netherlands.
I was actually concerned about getting in! Guess I need not have worried
A lot of that information is from well before this summer. NL has always IME been the easiest entry to EU if transiting to EU country..
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Similar Experience this past September enroute to Stockholm to visit family. My itinerary took Mrs Hepsaint and I to AMS first then a KLM City Hopper to ARN. Passports checked upon departure from LAX but VAX info and tests ($125 x 2) not checked throughout entire trip to Sweden. Upon return, transited again through AMS and filled out an attestation form prior to taking flight to BOS but no check of the 2nd set of tests ($95 x 2) taken in Stockholm for re-entry. At BOS Passport control, was greeted by DHS agent with a hearty "Welcome Home" but no request for VAX/Test all the way through back home to LAX... Suffice to say, the famous words from Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols "Ever felt like you've been cheated" rattled through my head the entire drive home. 😒
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hepsaint
Similar Experience this past September enroute to Stockholm to visit family. My itinerary took Mrs Hepsaint and I to AMS first then a KLM City Hopper to ARN. Passports checked upon departure from LAX but VAX info and tests ($125 x 2) not checked throughout entire trip to Sweden. Upon return, transited again through AMS and filled out an attestation form prior to taking flight to BOS but no check of the 2nd set of tests ($95 x 2) taken in Stockholm for re-entry. At BOS Passport control, was greeted by DHS agent with a hearty "Welcome Home" but no request for VAX/Test all the way through back home to LAX... Suffice to say, the famous words from Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols "Ever felt like you've been cheated" rattled through my head the entire drive home. 😒
I'm still going to get the test tomorrow before I fly home on Saturday. I will not tempt the travel gods!
Hepsaint likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
I just came back from all over Europe and the only place that really checked the forms was Spain. I dont think anyone else scanned anything anywhere, or even really looked at it. we ended up in the UK via Dublin so we didn't even go through the border on our way in. just got off the plane and on our way.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:00 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Sweden no longer performs border controls at airports (for Schengen arrivals of course). They rely on airlines veryfing that passengers have required test (or vaccination/recovery certificate).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.