Search

BCN airport testing on arrival?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
BCN airport testing on arrival?

Hello: I am unable to find answer to a simple question:
Is there a testing (antigen or PCR) possibility on arrival to BCN airport?
The airport web aena.es does not give much of a relevant information and when I call the telephone number, it just reference me back to web sites.
Thank you.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
On arrival? I would assume that you would be denied boarding if you didn't have the correct test or vaccination. But I think they do have the ability to test you if your temperature is running high and/or you fail one of the other health checks.

You can certainly do an antigen test upstairs on the departures level landside. Just note that once you exit the terminal building, you are not allowed back inside.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Lounge Key
Thank you. I realize I did not explain enough. We will be landing in Barcelona and two days later we will be taking a cruise for which we need to have a test result before entering the port. Thus, we need the test -- not for the flight but for ongoing travels. In order to avoid traveling 30 minutes from the hotel, I thought it could be easier just to get tested at the airport before we leave for the hotel... So now you say there is a possibility to get the antigen test at the departures. Thank you. It would have been so easy if this information were published on the airport web site!
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by prgboy
Thank you. I realize I did not explain enough. We will be landing in Barcelona and two days later we will be taking a cruise for which we need to have a test result before entering the port. Thus, we need the test -- not for the flight but for ongoing travels. In order to avoid traveling 30 minutes from the hotel, I thought it could be easier just to get tested at the airport before we leave for the hotel... So now you say there is a possibility to get the antigen test at the departures. Thank you. It would have been so easy if this information were published on the airport web site!
In departures you can get PCR or antigen tested at the EUROFINS MEGALAB on departures level. Paid service.
On arrivals you will be obliged to take a free antigen test if you are coming from a risk region (South America etc). Nobody is actually checking your boarding pass, by the way. They use the information you shared on the pax locator form. Result in 10 minutes and you receive a web link where you can also view the result, but I'm not sure if it's proof enough for travel.
ps. If you have your proof of vaccination I don't think you need a PCR test at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.