Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
The entitlement of some people never ceases to amaze me. You tried to (ab)use an unofficial workaround that is meant for Panamanian citizens, you paid nothing for the privilege, and now that it didn't work for you, you're lashing out by calling the website insecure and problematic, and questioning its legitimacy? Wow.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by uds0
Several weeks have passed with no response from providing highly sensitive information requested.

We regret uploading that highly sensitive passport and other details to potentially insecure or outright problematic site represented to be Panamanian.
The web site is clearly and legitimately run by the Panamanian government. Many of us received functional EU vaccination certificates from it. We all know it wasn't intended for use by anyone anywhere wishing to receive such a certificate, so it was bound to stop providing them at sme point.
SPN Lifer, richarddd and gudugan like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:18 pm

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Well I tried the Panama Process. We'll see how it goes.

Also curious how it works since I've mixed and matched vaccines.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:02 am

Programs: Delta + United Airmiles
Be civil

Originally Posted by gojko88
The entitlement of some people never ceases to amaze me. You tried to (ab)use an unofficial workaround that is meant for Panamanian citizens, you paid nothing for the privilege, and now that it didn't work for you, you're lashing out by calling the website insecure and problematic, and questioning its legitimacy? Wow.
Tough day or just disposition?

We actually have much more useful reasons for posting what we did.

We hope you will have better disposition, intentions, and better support the community in the future.

We still have no communication from Panama folks despite many weeks past.

Last edited by uds0; Apr 25, 2022 at 5:07 am Reason: Addition
Old Apr 30, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Data point. Got the Swiss pass last fall, converted to EU pass. Switzerland went to no pass needed, no masks needed so that was great. Two week trip was great with no issues. Did have to show the EU pass when we dipped into Como for 3 days, but it was trivial.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:59 pm

It's been 2-3 weeks with no update from Panama. What's the next best way to get an EU covid pass? We're going to AMS in August.
Old May 1, 2022, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by SudOvest
It's been 2-3 weeks with no update from Panama. What's the next best way to get an EU covid pass? We're going to AMS in August.
Currently I don't believe there's an easy way to get one online.

Also currently, NL does not have covid pass requirements for museums, restaurants, etc. That's all ended.

They do require (non-EU citizens) to prove vaccination for entry, but your white CDC card (or other paper certificate) will work fine.

https://www.government.nl/topics/cor...of-vaccination
Old May 2, 2022, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by threeoh
Currently I don't believe there's an easy way to get one online.

Also currently, NL does not have covid pass requirements for museums, restaurants, etc. That's all ended.

They do require (non-EU citizens) to prove vaccination for entry, but your white CDC card (or other paper certificate) will work fine.

https://www.government.nl/topics/cor...of-vaccination
I'm a dual US-EU citizen. So I don't need to show proof of vaccination to enter the country? My children are both dual EU citizens but my wife isn't, she is working on it. I thought it was the country you are entering from, not citizenship that counts? Will they accept a photo of the vaccine card?

According to their website, this is one of the categories of the exceptions to the EU entry ban: "You are a national of an EU or Schengen area country. Your family members may also travel to the Netherlands if they are travelling with you or are joining you in the Netherlands. Read the rules for family members. Please note: the United Kingdom (UK) is not part of the EU/Schengen area. "

Since I have dual EU-US citizenship, none of us need to show proof of vaccination to enter the country?

UPDATE: I called the Netherlands government and they confirmed we can enter the country even if not vaccinated.
threeoh likes this.

Last edited by SudOvest; May 3, 2022 at 7:19 am Reason: update
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:41 am

Quick update, I had submitted for my adult son back in May and just received the "completed" second email. However, no signs of the EU code online (only the blue-bordered Panama QR code), and the hack on post 523 returns an error. I had just gotten it to work for myself in April.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by SudOvest
I'm a dual US-EU citizen. So I don't need to show proof of vaccination to enter the country? My children are both dual EU citizens but my wife isn't, she is working on it. I thought it was the country you are entering from, not citizenship that counts? Will they accept a photo of the vaccine card?

According to their website, this is one of the categories of the exceptions to the EU entry ban: "You are a national of an EU or Schengen area country. Your family members may also travel to the Netherlands if they are travelling with you or are joining you in the Netherlands. Read the rules for family members. Please note: the United Kingdom (UK) is not part of the EU/Schengen area. "

Since I have dual EU-US citizenship, none of us need to show proof of vaccination to enter the country?

UPDATE: I called the Netherlands government and they confirmed we can enter the country even if not vaccinated.
Yeah usually the spouse of an EU citizen is allowed entry without a vaccine.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: American, Southwest, Alaska
QR Codes for vaccination records

I was able to request QR codes from the places where I received the vaccines. Unfortunately that was 3 different places - CVS, RiteAid, and Washington State, for 2 shots and a booster.

Fortunately I found that CLEAR (as in the airport CLEAR) has a CLEAR Health Pass which gives you the option to upload your QR codes and generate one QR code.

I have no idea if the EU has other specific requirements but this supposedly works for my trip to Egypt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.