Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:02 am

Here's another 'heart of touristic area' one for anyone going to Munich which will do the QR code, but frankly there are Apotheken all over, and they would normally have received the same communication from earlier in the summer.
https://www.rathausapotheke-muenchen.de/
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:49 pm

how long has the turnaround been for those applying via the French link?
they did say on the website that they need time to process.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sorry for a possible dumb question, but after reading through the thread, it's not clear to me - is it possible to apply in advance, from inside the USA, and without visiting any facility in Europe in person, for a EU digital pass for the phone that is accepted in Switzerland and Italy for entry into restaurants, theaters, hotels, etc.?

I don't have time to fiddle with this process when I am in Europe, I need to have everything done and setup on my phone before departing the USA.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by gnomey
how long has the turnaround been for those applying via the French link?
they did say on the website that they need time to process.
It currently says 90 percent of the applications were processed in 17 days.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Sorry for a possible dumb question, but after reading through the thread, it's not clear to me - is it possible to apply in advance, from inside the USA, and without visiting any facility in Europe in person, for a EU digital pass for the phone that is accepted in Switzerland and Italy for entry into restaurants, theaters, hotels, etc.?

I don't have time to fiddle with this process when I am in Europe, I need to have everything done and setup on my phone before departing the USA.
Yes - France with a travel ticket; Switzerland with hotel booking depending on which Canton you will be in. (See New Swiss Rules-Coronavirus: Federal Council extends COVID certificate requirement for info on Switzerland.) Once you get one in EU/Suisse, it will be valid in all of those countries.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2

Yes - France with a travel ticket; Switzerland with hotel booking depending on which Canton you will be in. (See New Swiss Rules-Coronavirus: Federal Council extends COVID certificate requirement for info on Switzerland.) Once you get one in EU/Suisse, it will be valid in all of those countries.
thanks

france link is this one https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...-procedure-for

yeah agree FR and CH will cover all... wonder if it's worth getting one for UK or if it's even possible.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan
So I got my Swiss COVID certificate and the email says it is not a travel document. However, I was able to scan the QR code in the French COVID app and it does seem to have a border section with my code. Would that work to travel around the EU?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by YYZ1313
So I got my Swiss COVID certificate and the email says it is not a travel document. However, I was able to scan the QR code in the French COVID app and it does seem to have a border section with my code. Would that work to travel around the EU?
"Not a travel document" means that it's not usable in lieu of a passport or national ID card for crossing borders. However, the Swiss certificate and French and all the others are valid in any of the participating countries (i.e., EU, Switzerland, Norway, etc.).
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chrisny2

Thank you - just sent in my application online, although my trip is in a week, so it doesn't look promising for getting the certificate back in time.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by downinit
Please note that to obtain the French "pass sanitaire" you can put on your phone to use for access in France to most public indoor venues (even sidewalk cafés require it or a recent negative test result), you must upload several documents online: your passport (face page), your CDC vaccination card and your air ticket to France. I started to do this yesterday and only at the end do they ask for the air ticket, which I had not yet bought.

Fortunately you can create an account for this and upload what you have--it is saved and you can return to complete the application later.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:28 pm

I applied for my pass sanitaire from France yesterday and then I did the same for Switzerland, will report back when I get it.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:49 pm

I got the Swiss covid certificate in the mail... the qr code doesn't lead to anywhere for me - is it supposed to? Or no?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:51 pm

It contains data, it's not a QR code that leads to a website. Try scanning it with one of the DCC scanner apps.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:01 pm

Got it, it works and got all the information needed.

Is this the app that border control would use at airports as well, or do they check this differently?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 5:20 am

I don't know but it would not surprise me if border control agents in most places had a custom app that does rules checks specific to their country to make it easier for them, and possibly to also scan other countries' (non-DCC) codes if such an agreement has been made.

Most of the scanner apps available appear to be for more general use.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Finally received French Vaccine QR code. Only took two attempts and nearly two months. I actually booked my trip next week to stay in Germany because I had given up on France.
ccna101 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.