Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2022, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by catwood
Just to add i was able to have my lucern covid pass updated with my booster just over email very easily.
did you need to pay ?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by gnomey
did you need to pay ?
i didn't , i already had a free covid swiss pass
Old Feb 23, 2022, 12:44 am

Question

Originally Posted by gudugan
They're separate. I created a wikipost with the links
Can someone please tell me to clarify. I need a EU certificate to visit Portugal first. I was planning to apply through the Geneva site linked in the wiki. I see comments here mentioning about submitting a Swiss hotel booking, however, on the Geneva form I don't see anywhere asking for a hotel booking. Am I missing something? Or do they contact you later via e-mail to ask for a hotel booking?

Last edited by FlyingSloth; Feb 23, 2022 at 1:12 am
Old Feb 23, 2022, 3:13 am

Canadian (Québec) COVID-19 booster to Pass Sanitaire

Had to add my booster shot to the French TousAntiCovid app. As the North American QR codes are rejected, I paid 36€ to the pharmacy at Paris CDG Terminal 2C to have the conversion performed after arriving from EWR. Fast and painless, if not particularly cheap.
altabello likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyingSloth
Can someone please tell me to clarify. I need a EU certificate to visit Portugal first. I was planning to apply through the Geneva site linked in the wiki. I see comments here mentioning about submitting a Swiss hotel booking, however, on the Geneva form I don't see anywhere asking for a hotel booking. Am I missing something? Or do they contact you later via e-mail to ask for a hotel booking?
I think this is because they have changed the requirements and are no longer offering certificates for those just visiting Switzerland (because within Switzerland domestically COVID certificates are no longer required for any reason), but only for those Swiss citizens or residents who were vaccinated outside of the EU:

If you have been vaccinated or tested positive outside of Switzerland, you will need either a swiss passeport or a long-term residence permit valid in Switzerland.
The Swiss federal site has already shut down applications for short-term tourists, so it's not surprising that the Geneva page has also followed suit.

To answer your question directly, previously one of the required fields, in addition to your vaccine certificate and ID, was proof of travel to Geneva canton; I can't recall exactly what the language was, but you could upload a hotel booking, airline ticket, etc. However, that field has now disappeared and there is now a direct request for your Swiss identity document (which I'm quite sure wasn't there before, as I've successfully used this form and do not have any such Swiss ID). At the very end of the form under "Supporting documents from the certificate applicant" there is a request for your Swiss "identity card/passport or your Swiss residence permit."

I would expect at this point that if you submitted an application without that ID, or with a foreign passport in lieu of it, that your application would be rejected. Of course it's free so the opportunity cost is the time you spend submitting (and presumably the time of the person handling the demand), but it certainly seems that the Swiss route for COVID certificates for short-term visitors is no longer available.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SQ*G, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The Swiss and German routes are no longer available. The French one requires a booster shot. I really regret not applying the Swiss one last month, sigh.

Hopefully EU countries no longer require the Covid Certificate for entering restaurants soon.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by andrewesque
I think this is because they have changed the requirements and are no longer offering certificates for those just visiting Switzerland (because within Switzerland domestically COVID certificates are no longer required for any reason), but only for those Swiss citizens or residents who were vaccinated outside of the EU:

The Swiss federal site has already shut down applications for short-term tourists, so it's not surprising that the Geneva page has also followed suit.

To answer your question directly, previously one of the required fields, in addition to your vaccine certificate and ID, was proof of travel to Geneva canton; I can't recall exactly what the language was, but you could upload a hotel booking, airline ticket, etc. However, that field has now disappeared and there is now a direct request for your Swiss identity document (which I'm quite sure wasn't there before, as I've successfully used this form and do not have any such Swiss ID). At the very end of the form under "Supporting documents from the certificate applicant" there is a request for your Swiss "identity card/passport or your Swiss residence permit."

I would expect at this point that if you submitted an application without that ID, or with a foreign passport in lieu of it, that your application would be rejected. Of course it's free so the opportunity cost is the time you spend submitting (and presumably the time of the person handling the demand), but it certainly seems that the Swiss route for COVID certificates for short-term visitors is no longer available.
I saw the French online option for EU digital certificate closed down too recently. I'm thinking to travel to Portugal by mid-March. Is there any option to get a U.S CDC card converted to a E. digital certificate online now? I'd really like to try to get a digital certificate before finalizing plans for Portugal. Portugal apparently does not accept the U.S CDC card and I'm in a U.S state thst does not issue digital certificates at all so I'm really hoping there's some way to convert the U.S to an E.U one online or maybe I'm too late.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:57 pm

Hi all.

I see that Valais canton is still online and the next page states:
'Please attach all documents necessary to process the application: - proof of vaccination - proof of documented infection with covid19 if you received only one dose - proof of your stay in Switzerland or proof of Swiss nationality or Swiss residence permit if you were vaccinated abroad. These documents are mandatory, otherwise your request for a certificate will be refused'.

Given the latest requirements, I gather the verbiage hasn't been updated to reflect (it still states: 'proof of your stay in Switzerland or proof of Swiss nationality or Swiss residence')?

Has anyone gone this route successfully for conversion to EU DCC as of last week?

Thank you.

Last edited by pershoot; Feb 23, 2022 at 10:11 pm
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by pershoot
Hi all.

I see that Valais canton is still online and the next page states:
'Please attach all documents necessary to process the application: - proof of vaccination - proof of documented infection with covid19 if you received only one dose - proof of your stay in Switzerland or proof of Swiss nationality or Swiss residence permit if you were vaccinated abroad. These documents are mandatory, otherwise your request for a certificate will be refused'.

Given the latest requirements, I gather the verbiage hasn't been updated to reflect (it still states: 'proof of your stay in Switzerland or proof of Swiss nationality or Swiss residence')?

Has anyone gone this route successfully for conversion to EU DCC as of last week?

Thank you.
could you please share a link to that page? I searched but can't find it.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by FlyingSloth
could you please share a link to that page? I searched but can't find it.
tracing-valais.ch/en/certificat
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:00 pm

Are there any cantons in Swiss that a tourist from the U.S. fully faxed with 3 shots can obtain a Swiss QR code? What about obtaining one from Spain if you are not flying directly into spain?
FlyingSloth likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:50 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
Originally Posted by pershoot
tracing-valais.ch/en/certificat
The Valais site now requires uploading Swiss passport/residency proof.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:02 pm

Visiting the UK, France, and NL soon - any ideas about what the best options would be to convert a CDC card given the Swiss options are no longer available?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by redct
Visiting the UK, France, and NL soon - any ideas about what the best options would be to convert a CDC card given the Swiss options are no longer available?
Your best bet is to do the conversion at a pharmacy in France in person for €36.

It's also worth keeping in mind that COVID passes are no longer compulsory in nearly any venue in the UK (some exceptions in Northern Ireland, and in some parts venues can still voluntarily choose to ask for it) and in the Netherlands COVID passes are now only required at unseated indoor activities with 500+ people, for which you need to get a negative test anyway. So you are unlikely to need one domestically (for now) within the UK or the Netherlands.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone had any luck with the Pharmacy(ies) at FRA airport? I have been in touch with several in town which are happy to do it, but the airport pharmacy is acting in accord with last years guidance and seems loathe to do this except for Military and Diplomatic people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.