Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
yes same certificate
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, UA GS, BA Silver, Marriott Ambassador, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
I got an updated Geneva certificate today in <24h using a valid Marriott booking (had an earlier one which did not reflect 3/3 for booster).
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
This is a change from my experience with Metropolitan at FRA Airport back in October. The pharmacist told me they weren't authorized to convert CDC to EU QR. Has there been a governmental or company policy change?
I recently found a portal listed on Berlin gov site that lists pharmacies able to issue covid digital certificates, and seems it also lists pharmacies in other areas. Might be worth a search to see if any pop up: https://www.mein-apothekenmanager.de/
Xyzzy, LETTERBOY and altabello like this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan
I applied on the official Swiss site with a Marriott booking.

I applied on the Geneva site with one from Booking.com.

They were all fully refundable... bad luck I guess. Maybe try the other site, but they know your data so you might be blacklisted from the system...
does geneva operate differently? why is there a different site, that doesnt charge 30 chf. i mean i am not complaining...

Last edited by gnomey; Feb 11, 2022 at 1:40 pm
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by samplat
I recently found a portal listed on Berlin gov site that lists pharmacies able to issue covid digital certificates, and seems it also lists pharmacies in other areas. Might be worth a search to see if any pop up: https://www.mein-apothekenmanager.de/
Yes. This site is known. Unfortunately, listing on the site does not guarantee the pharmacy can/will convert your CDC certificate to EU. The FRA location of Metropolitan Apotheke was listed on this site back when I visited in October, yet did not perform the conversion. Still, IMO, it's a good site to find an apotheke near a military base with US personnel. That's how I ended up in Kaiserslautern and had success.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by samplat
I went to many of those places listed recently and the ones that I went to only did them for people that lived in Germany but got vaccinated abroad, except for one. It's funny, each pharmacy repeatedly told me it was absolutely not possible for foreign tourists to get a EU certificate at a pharmacy. Was about to give up, go back to BER airport and just do it there for 10 euros based on a previous post above but luckily found one last pharmacy that had no issues in doing it and knew exactly what to do.

Apotheke Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz
Weydingerstrae 18, 10178 Berlin
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:37 pm

now that i think
with all the hassle and time and uncertainties involved, 30 chf is a small price to pay to get it done from home...
train and uber fare in germany will probably cost more than that..
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:24 am

For those that have gotten their EU covid certificate recently, have you only gotten one QR code to scan showing your last vaccine dose? I saw some comments earlier that people were getting a separate QR code for each dose of the vaccine they received to upload into the app. When I got my certificate, I only got one QR code showing "dose 3/3". Is that all you need at this point?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Daedalus7
For those that have gotten their EU covid certificate recently, have you only gotten one QR code to scan showing your last vaccine dose? I saw some comments earlier that people were getting a separate QR code for each dose of the vaccine they received to upload into the app. When I got my certificate, I only got one QR code showing "dose 3/3". Is that all you need at this point?
When I did it in Hamburg I received two paper QR codes, ne for each dose I had had up to that point. I had to load both into the app in order to get a valid "vaccinated" message from it. Those two are now over 270 days ago and my 3rd does has not been loaded in so the app no longer shows me as vaccinated.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
When I did it in Hamburg I received two paper QR codes, ne for each dose I had had up to that point. I had to load both into the app in order to get a valid "vaccinated" message from it. Those two are now over 270 days ago and my 3rd does has not been loaded in so the app no longer shows me as vaccinated.
When did you get that certificate? Yeah I found it strange that I only got one QR code as well. However I've checked it with a scanner app and it lists as "fully vaccinated" so i guess it's good to go. I do not plan on bringing my CDC card with me, so important that my EU certificate works properly lol.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
When did you get that certificate? Yeah I found it strange that I only got one QR code as well. However I've checked it with a scanner app and it lists as "fully vaccinated" so i guess it's good to go. I do not plan on bringing my CDC card with me, so important that my EU certificate works properly lol.
IIRC I got my two EU certificates last July. The digital certificate expired 270 days from my 2nd dse.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I applied for the Geneva certificate on 2/4 and received a confirmation number that it was received. Not a word since then, which is now more than 7 days. i have not received a denied email so maybe I should still be hopeful.

Are there so many people with applications now that they are taking more than 7 days. I saw a less than 24 hour turnaround upthread so that is why I am worried I have not heard anything.

Nor sure what the next step should be other than just wait?
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
I applied for the Geneva certificate on 2/4 and received a confirmation number that it was received. Not a word since then, which is now more than 7 days. i have not received a denied email so maybe I should still be hopeful.

Are there so many people with applications now that they are taking more than 7 days. I saw a less than 24 hour turnaround upthread so that is why I am worried I have not heard anything.

Nor sure what the next step should be other than just wait?
Give them a call and ask. There are several reports in this thread of people calling and being able to get their application reviewed and approved.
cruisr likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 8:26 pm

Give them a call and ask. There are several reports in this thread of people calling and being able to get their application reviewed and approved.
anybody able to share the phone number? i didnt get a confirmation email after form submission but i did note down my confirmation number from the website.

update: ok, nevermind. there's a federal number to call.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by gnomey
anybody able to share the phone number? i didnt get a confirmation email after form submission but i did note down my confirmation number from the website.

update: ok, nevermind. there's a federal number to call.
I am search challenged. Can you share the number please?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.