Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Hide Wikipost
Old May 2, 22, 12:38 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: gudugan
Wiki Link
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 18, 21, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Silver), Hilton Diamond, Caesars Diamond
See my post for Madrid:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33505897-post7.html
Old Sep 18, 21, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Thanks to OP and all contributors (and future ones as well) thus far. I miss Europe a great deal and appreciate the useful info collected in this wiki.
Old Sep 19, 21, 7:57 pm

Programs: Lawl COVID
Originally Posted by gallen5555 View Post
At the Spanish and French Official Government sites tied to Covid Regulations you can fill out paperwork, upload your CDC card, and get a QR Code that is accepted through out the European Union. Its called The EU Digital COVID Passport Certificate. Quite easy. Both sites state you can only do this a few days before you arrive or once you are in the country. The Spanish site requests a copy of your airline ticket or itinerary. A USA friend of mine did it a few days ago while in France, quite easy and fast. This is the same digital certificate that EU citizens are using on their phones. France has had it up and running for Americans and a few other countries only for about 3 weeks. I would think Germany would accept it but have not checked. This digital certificate was set up by the EU. Each individual country has to issue the certificates.
For Spain, are you talking about this website? It's only in Spanish and, while I didn't go too far in it, it appears to want you to have gotten your vax in Spain.
Old Sep 20, 21, 2:16 am

https://www.rosenapotheke.com/

Just one example of an Apotheke in the heart of a touristic area which will do the pass for foreigners. Far easier to go to Marienplatz than a US army base.... they even advertise on their home page the service. I use this Apotheke sometimes and have seen multiple times they do it for tourists.
I
GUWonder and allset2travel like this.
Old Sep 20, 21, 11:25 am

Since I don't read German, I had chosen part of info on web site and had text translated with google. I paste it below, and have 1 question (see Bolded & italicized)
"Covid-19

Digital proof of vaccination

In addition to vaccination centers and medical practices, pharmacies will also be able to subsequently create digital vaccination certificates from mid-June.

We use the data from your yellow vaccination certificate to create the digital vaccination certificate. You will then receive a printout from us with the EU Covid19 vaccination certificate.

Your advantage:
You can use your mobile phone to show all agencies that request a check of the vaccination status (e.g. restaurants).

The following information is required to create the vaccination certificate:
First name, surname, date of birth, vaccine, vaccination date and information on whether it is a first or a second vaccination.

We are happy to answer your questions about the digital vaccination certificate."

My question: "I don't have a YELLOW VACCINATION CERTIFICATE, but have US issued CDC Vaccine Card, will this service work for me?

TIA.
Old Sep 20, 21, 11:27 am

Programs: SkyTeam Elite Plus lifetime
Easiest EU certificate right now: through the canton of Lucerne in Switzerland

I applied via email because a number of flyertalk members were having success on the Switzerland forum, got a response within hours to apply via this page instead:

https://gesundheit.lu.ch/themen/Huma...ikat_Touristen

It's in German but one can easily run google translate on it to use it. Seems like the simplest form out there. They will give you a PDF. No apps to install, no accounts to create, no local address or phone number needed, no arrival date or plane ticket information needed. (Edit: Now requires local address and dates of stay. Probably got slammed with too many requests from people using their small canton as a conduit for EU Covid Certificates.)

They just set up this form so it will probably be faster than the other cantons in Switzerland (others were getting responses within 1~2 days at most) or the application form for France. Obviously the certificates are interchangeable.
alcathiax likes this.

Last edited by Holometer3D; Sep 22, 21 at 10:04 pm
Old Sep 20, 21, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
My question: "I don't have a YELLOW VACCINATION CERTIFICATE, but have US issued CDC Vaccine Card, will this service work for me?

TIA.
Yes. The German Apotheken have specifically received information that they are able to convert US issued vaccine cards into the German QR codes. You can then convert those QR codes into the German Coronapass app (warn app, or luca app etc) I specifically asked at Rosen Apotheke actually based on this thread, and many others have posted easy success in tourist locations in Germany on FT in the past.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Sep 20, 21, 12:17 pm

Is that only CDC ones they accept, but also other countries' (like the UK's)?
Old Sep 20, 21, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Holometer3D View Post
I applied via email because a number of flyertalk members were having success on the Switzerland forum, got a response within hours to apply via this page instead:

https://gesundheit.lu.ch/themen/Huma...ikat_Touristen

It's in German but one can easily run google translate on it to use it. Seems like the simplest form out there. They will give you a PDF. No apps to install, no accounts to create, no local address or phone number needed, no arrival date or plane ticket information needed.

They just set up this form so it will probably be faster than the other cantons in Switzerland (others were getting responses within 1~2 days at most) or the application form for France. Obviously the certificates are interchangeable.
Interesting - though it says they accept any EMA vaccine yet AZ isn't an option on this form?

Do you have a link to the application form for other cantons and France, so I could have a look?

Thank you!
Old Sep 20, 21, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113 View Post
Interesting - though it says they accept any EMA vaccine yet AZ isn't an option on this form?

Do you have a link to the application form for other cantons and France, so I could have a look?

Thank you!
This certificate does not seem to be able to be used for restaurants, museums, etc., so what is the point of it? It's not an EU pass then?

The vaccination certificate, which entitles you to enter Switzerland, is not permitted in places where a certificate is required. Only one certificate is valid at these locations, e.g. in restaurants or museums . This can be a Covid certificate or a foreign recognized certificate

Der Impfnachweis, der zur Einreise berechtigt, ist in der Schweiz an Orten mit Zertifikatspflicht nicht zulässig. An diesen Orten, z.B. in Restaurants oder Museen, ist nur ein Zertifikat gültig. Dies kann ein Covid-Zertifikat oder ausländisches anerkanntes Zertifikat sein.
Old Sep 20, 21, 6:03 pm

Thank you!
They said in their email that AZ would be available as an option soon. (Edit: It has now been added!)

The other Swiss cantons and France are discussed extensively here:

Expansion of the pass sanitaire

New Swiss Rules-Coronavirus: Federal Council extends COVID certificate requirement

Last edited by Holometer3D; Sep 21, 21 at 1:03 am Reason: Updated information
Old Sep 20, 21, 6:10 pm

This certificate does not seem to be able to be used for restaurants, museums, etc., so what is the point of it? It's not an EU pass then?

"Der Impfnachweis, der zur Einreise berechtigt, ist in der Schweiz an Orten mit Zertifikatspflicht nicht zulässig. An diesen Orten, z.B. in Restaurants oder Museen, ist nur ein Zertifikat gültig. Dies kann ein Covid-Zertifikat oder ausländisches anerkanntes Zertifikat sein."
The Swiss Covid Certificate, issued by the cantons (e.g. at the Luzern link I posted above), is their version of the EU pass, and is the "one certificate" that does allow you to enter restaurants, museums, etc. The Swiss government page you quoted is talking about vaccination certificates issued by other countries that are not EU passes, which can be used for entry into Switzerland but cannot be used in places where the Swiss Covid Certificate or foreign recognized certificate (EU pass) is required such as restaurants and museums.
Old Sep 21, 21, 2:52 am

Gotcha - thanks.

The Luzern form has updated today to ask for dates/location where you are staying in Lucerne, I wonder if forms sent yesterday will be processed without that info? It also has this msg:
Please note that only applications from persons staying in the canton of Lucerne will be processed.
Old Sep 21, 21, 3:32 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Norwegian, SAS, ČSA OK Plus, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal View Post
For Spain, are you talking about this website? It's only in Spanish and, while I didn't go too far in it, it appears to want you to have gotten your vax in Spain.
Yes, I wonder about exactly the same. This web site does not let me convert the CDC card as the vaccination took place in the US. Not in Spain. Maybe there is another Spanish web where this can be done, but I have not found it. If you do, please advise. Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 21, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by exbayern View Post
Yes. The German Apotheken have specifically received information that they are able to convert US issued vaccine cards into the German QR codes. You can then convert those QR codes into the German Coronapass app (warn app, or luca app etc) I specifically asked at Rosen Apotheke actually based on this thread, and many others have posted easy success in tourist locations in Germany on FT in the past.
Thank you very much. Extremely helpful!
exbayern likes this.

Search this Thread