Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by belmonteg
I applied for my certificate on the Valais website on the 17th and got it on the 18th. I just did an application for my brother today the 22nd and it went through without referring me to the federal website. any chance i will get it? ive read some posts saying that the Valais website was not allowing you to apply and instead referring you to the federal website but it didnt happen to me, any comments?
Both the German language version (https://zertifikat-ws.ch) and the French language version (https://certificat-vs.ch) of their webpage refer people with foreign vaccinations to apply through the federal website.
The English website doesn’t load (server not found).

But you can still access the canton application form directly: https://tracing-valais.ch/en/certificat
But it may not work for foreigners after the federal webpage went live on the 18th.
belmonteg likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:19 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
I've never had luck with the Valais canton app - it just errors out at the end saying "TODO texte confirmation"
Old Oct 24, 2021, 5:37 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
I've never had luck with the Valais canton app - it just errors out at the end saying "TODO texte confirmation"
It’s not an error. It’s a very poorly written confirmation message that your application has been submitted. Everyone sees the same text. The same page also shows the “confirmation” stage in the flow bar.

If you don’t receive any certificate, it’s because there’s something wrong with the data you submitted. If you submitted after October 18th when the federal application process for non-Swiss vaccinations went live, it’s possible that Valais has simply stopped processing applications for non-Swiss vaccinations.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:14 am

I actually had someone telephone back a few hours after I applied on the Valais page, on 22 Oct, telling me that as a non Swiss citizen, I needed to use the national webpage, and she gave me the link to it. I almost didn't answer, as I didn't recognize the number, but it was from Sion, beginning with +4127607xxxx.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:51 am

Ah, interesting. When I submitted a good month ago I got that, and assumed it didn't work. EU citizen here too which should help some.. curious if they'll redirect me. I already have the FR one, but it's 2-dose, and I want to try and grab a 3-dose DCC as I suspect at some point in the near future 2-dose wont be fully vaccinated.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
as I suspect at some point in the near future 2-dose wont be fully vaccinated.
Two-dose vaccinations are valid for one year after the second shot, so I'm inclined to believe that by the time that expires, green passes as a whole will be a thing of the past.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:14 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Just a datapoint: The pharmacy at the Düsseldorf Hbf (Main station) has a counter set up just to do EU certs. Four of our group had theirs done there in a matter of minutes, including one who didn't have his physical CDC card but had his state QR code and info on his phone. I didn't do mine there as my Swiss Cert came thru the morning we arrived (Cert arrive Oct 18). All the codes loaded fine into Luca and the German Covpass apps. Two others in our group didn't get the EU certs and have had no issues in Düsseldorf or Bamberg. We head tomorrow to Berlin where I have heard some stories of places requiring QR does but we'll see.
shadowspar and DrinkSlinger like this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Data point... I tried the valais website linked above twice in the last 2 weeks with transfer code from the swiss app - no response either time

I went to the national website yesterday. Proof of entering country was required along with ID proof and CDC card. QR code transferred to the app with an email confirmation and a link to download a pdf within 24 hours.
Website had set an expectation of up to 5 days for confirmation.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:04 pm

HAs anyone else been having problems to pay at the switzerland federal website? i completed all the data fields but when it should take me to the payment screen it keeps loading forever and at some point it just resets. what should i do?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:09 pm

Curious if anyone has used this for entry into non-EU nations that claim to accept an EU DCC.

For example, Serbia says the following. Technically the DCC is issued in one of those countries (in my case FR), but the vaccination wasn’t.
  1. Certificate of complete vaccination issued by the Republic of Serbia, i.e. a foreign state with which the Republic of Serbia has concluded an agreement on the recognition of vaccination (GREECE, HUNGARY, ROMANIA, SLOVENIA*, TURKEY, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, CZECH REPUBLIC, INDIA) or with which there is de facto reciprocity in the recognition of the vaccination certificate; (ANDORRA, ARMENIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, CABO VERDE, CROATIA, CYPRUS, EGYPT, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GEORGIA, GERMANY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ITALY, LEBANON, LIECHTENSTEIN, LITHUANIA, MALTA, MOROCCO, MOLDOVA, NETHERLANDS, SAN MARINO, SLOVAKIA, SPAIN, SWITZERLAND, TUNISIA, UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND, UKRAINE);
Old Oct 25, 2021, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Curious if anyone has used this for entry into non-EU nations that claim to accept an EU DCC.

For example, Serbia says the following. Technically the DCC is issued in one of those countries (in my case FR), but the vaccination wasn’t.
  1. Certificate of complete vaccination issued by the Republic of Serbia, i.e. a foreign state with which the Republic of Serbia has concluded an agreement on the recognition of vaccination (GREECE, HUNGARY, ROMANIA, SLOVENIA*, TURKEY, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, CZECH REPUBLIC, INDIA) or with which there is de facto reciprocity in the recognition of the vaccination certificate; (ANDORRA, ARMENIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, CABO VERDE, CROATIA, CYPRUS, EGYPT, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GEORGIA, GERMANY, ICELAND, IRELAND, ITALY, LEBANON, LIECHTENSTEIN, LITHUANIA, MALTA, MOROCCO, MOLDOVA, NETHERLANDS, SAN MARINO, SLOVAKIA, SPAIN, SWITZERLAND, TUNISIA, UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND, UKRAINE);
What matters is that Switzerland (or any other country listed) recognizes US vaccinations, and Serbia then accepts the issued certificate.
Xyzzy likes this.

Last edited by WindowSeatFlyer; Oct 25, 2021 at 6:49 pm
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
So, just got back last night (26 Oct) from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. When I landed at FRA on 14 Oct, I went to the Apotheke at the airport. They wouldn't do the certificate. I looked online that night and found comments online stating as much as I've seen on this thread. Fortunately my schedule had time built in for the next morning, so I took the train to Kaiserslautern. Löwen-Apotheke located at Riesenstraße 7, 67655 Kaiserslautern issued the certificate with limited issue. They did have trouble understanding two things: (1) Why was my second dose given only 20 days after the first, and (2) Was my third dose just a reminder instead of an actual record of vaccination. It took 5 minutes to get through the language challenges, but they were very accommodating and really nice. I used the QR code from the third certificate (they give you one for each dose), to gain entry everywhere I went. It was literally the golden ticket.

I flew BA for this trip. They recommended I use Verifly to submit all my paperwork. Verifly is a true PiTA to use. I eventually figured out I needed to enter each of my two flights as a separate trip, so Germany to the UK was one trip, and UK to USA was another. Once I figured this out, everything worked fine. On the return flights I ended up using my US CDC card for my vaccine. Why? Because I created my Verifly account with just my first name, while my EU vaccine certificate had my first and middle names. Auto-reject. The CDC cert was accepted within a couple minutes. So, user beware.
jefftiger likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:38 pm
Used to be highman123

Went to Germany and Czechia for my trip. I used the German app CovPass (imported via the Swiss certificate). However few of the places I went wanted to see it. In fact only larger hotels and immigration ever asked about a vaccination certificate. In NO instance was my QR code actually scanned or an ID document required with the phone app or the CDC card. Museums only required surgical masks (some) but never immunization certs. Some coffee shops asked at some point but never actually checked or scanned it after I pulled out the CDC card. The 'Luca app' for contact tracing is absolutely optional as well.

In sum I would not worry for a second if all you have is the CDC card. Keep in mind that Antigen and PCR tests are dirt cheap in Europe and in many cities it seems every city block has two testing centers offering them under EUR 30 with almost instant results. Once tested you can use results for 72 hours instead of a vax certificate.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by davidgrahammd
Data point... I tried the valais website linked above twice in the last 2 weeks with transfer code from the swiss app - no response either time

I went to the national website yesterday. Proof of entering country was required along with ID proof and CDC card. QR code transferred to the app with an email confirmation and a link to download a pdf within 24 hours.
Website had set an expectation of up to 5 days for confirmation.
Same here, though it took one business day (from Friday to Monday).
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
As I put in the Swiss thread, I was having trouble using the Swiss federal certiciate application on Tuesday, tried again yesterday and it redirected me to the Geneva one.

No word back from Geneva yet however the UK has now joined the EU DCC - so from tomorrow, I'm hopeful that my certificate in either the French or Irish app will be accepted EU-wide. (Can't use the NHS app for Reasons.)

What a roller coaster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.