Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
For getting the certificate online: There's currently no easy way. Previous methods below: It is also possible to do this in person. Please add below with the following data: Location, Address, Date of Conversion, Successful (yes/no)

Print Wikipost

Converting the US CDC Vaccine card to EU Immunization Pass with QR Code

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is not about the information itself, but the commentary around the information. I cannot count how many deals and other things have been killed and curtailed over the years because people did not talk carefully enough about them on FT. But what do I know? I have only been here since the last century...............
pWei likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by manacit
I haven't seen anyone answer this directly, but the answer is yes - my understanding is that once you have a QR code issued by anyone in the EU Digital COVID Certificate program, you have a QR code that can be used in any of those countries. This includes all of the EU, and participating countries: https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...certificate_en

Most of the different apps are just showing validation based on their interpretation of the rules for that country (e.g. how many doses, how recently, etc). Ultimately, the validity is up to the scanner and not the application.

As nice as the 'loophole' application submission was, I'm happy to see that there is a more formal process. Personally, I would have happily paid 30CHF to know that I could get a legitimate pass with a 24-48 hour turnaround. As others have said, I doubt the dozen people that submitted their information from FT were the reason it changed.

Is the current federal website https://covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign? I'm curious if people are still able to use this (with payment), or if there is now a better alternative.

Personally, I'll be making my first international trip since the before times in a couple of weeks, and I'm quite happy to have an actual green pass to go along with it. Now I have to figure how the easiest way to get some of my teammates one as well.

thanks for the response. I leave for Germany tomorrow so happy that I also got it and hopefully all goes well since I’ve got several EU trips this winter so will be nice to have to not carry around giant passport and flimsy card once I know it actually works as intended
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:14 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by hfly
But what do I know? I have only been here since the last century...............
So…?
Old ≠ wise.
TravisMT81 and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No but old is smarter to know that just because "a dozen" people post about something does not mean it was only "a dozen" that acted upon it, especially when the thread has almost 14,000 views. And "old" has seen enough flippant comments end deals, change info and chase away helpful lurkers. Old and experienced is when on many occasions you have run into FT'ers in the wild, or even have civilians impart information that they learned second hand from FT without prompting.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Zero proof that Valais changed their process because of FT posts.

Zero.
Zilch.
Nada.

But keeps yelling anyway.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
Zero proof that Valais changed their process because of FT posts.

Zero.
Zilch.
Nada.

Too stubborn to admit it.
Wait what happened?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nayef
Wait what happened?
As expected, once the federal certificate process (announced several weeks ago) went live, Valais updated their process to refer temporary visitors to the federal certification application flow.
According to one poster, the change was made solely because of FT posts, and FT posters are to blame for the change.
TravisMT81 and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
As expected, once the federal certificate process (announced several weeks ago) went live, Valais updated their process to refer temporary visitors to the federal certification application flow.
According to one poster, the change was made solely because of FT posts, and FT posters are to blame for the change.
Putting that on FT is quite the reach but also dreadfully droll. 😂

The Valais form is still there so what are the chances it’ll still work?

I might be getting a booster before going to Europe so I’m considering applying for another certificate and seeing how that goes.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:00 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Was going through the Swiss "central federal platform," Uploaded all the docs and at the very end was a dialogue window prompting for a credit card number to charge 30 CHF. I simply clicked a different part of the page and it quickly went to a "card declined" page with a "re-apply" button.

I've not seen anyone report a charge for this thing. Is this legit? I'm not against paying a modest amount, but I was thrown off as there is no mention anywhere of a charge until the credit card prompt.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:44 am

Programs: UA, DL
reporting success data point receiving the french pass sanitaire:
07:25 19 Oct. applied for the pass sanitaire with US cdc vaccination card
09:16 19 Oct. received confirmation my application was being examined
09:17 19 Oct. received pass sanitaire

Application was made with air ticket arriving in France on 31st of October.

I did have a 'failed' submission from 18 Oct. with the same itinerary, application submitted 06:05. With no response within 24 hours I deleted existing application and resubmitted as others have also done with success.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Was going through the Swiss "central federal platform," Uploaded all the docs and at the very end was a dialogue window prompting for a credit card number to charge 30 CHF. I simply clicked a different part of the page and it quickly went to a "card declined" page with a "re-apply" button.

I've not seen anyone report a charge for this thing. Is this legit? I'm not against paying a modest amount, but I was thrown off as there is no mention anywhere of a charge until the credit card prompt.
It's been mentioned in this thread I believe that when this news was announced that there will be a 30 CHF fee for it.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Oakshadow

This is the page you get routed to when you choose "COVID-19 certificate for vaccination or recovery abroad" on the webpage you posted:
https://www.covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign

There's a "How much does it cost" section on that page.

sbandy and Oakshadow like this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 3:44 pm

A few data points from my end. The QR codes on these certificates also scan and appear on the apps CovPass (EU), AntiCovid (France) and SpTH (Spain).

Valais

Oct. 18 - applied for certificate using the transfer code and the certificate appeared the next day in the app (Oct. 19).
Oct. 19 - shocked that it worked, I did the same thing for my wife and as of today the certificate has not appeared in the app on her phone.

Luzern

Oct. 18 - applied for the certificate for myself and my wife.
Oct. 20 - received emails today from Luzern with both certificates.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 5:06 pm

Anyone have this happen or have any advice on what to do?

Applied for 4 people on the Valais Switzerland website about a week ago.
3 of them came back and got working certificates.
1 of them has the date wrong on the form (says got last vaccine on 07-11-2011 instead of 07-11-2021). Clearly this is a typo, error, but because of that it says the COVID certificate is already expired (expiry 07-11-2012).

Should I just reapply? Email them? Certificate still.in app but shows expired. Can also scan into the France app and shows up expired.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:01 pm

I applied for my certificate on the Valais website on the 17th and got it on the 18th. I just did an application for my brother today the 22nd and it went through without referring me to the federal website. any chance i will get it? ive read some posts saying that the Valais website was not allowing you to apply and instead referring you to the federal website but it didnt happen to me, any comments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.