Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

New Swiss Rules-Coronavirus: Federal Council extends COVID certificate requirement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Swiss Rules-Coronavirus: Federal Council extends COVID certificate requirement

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:48 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by United747
I’m off to Lucerne in a couple weeks - I sent an email to the Zurich and Lucerne Canton Covid offices and Lucerne got back pretty quickly and asked that I send over my CDC cert and passport info page. I’ve sent that over and will report back here if/when I get my QR code
Lucerne came through today with the certificate!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond 4 MM, Marriott Titanium
Glad to here. I followed your lead and received an email from them this morning asking for copies of our vaccinations. Thanks
United747 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Excellent, you, like we, should be good to go anywhere in Switzerland. I was also told that this digital certificate is accepted elsewhere in the EU. If anyone can confirm this, it would be appreciated. We are only headed to Switzerland.
United747 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:04 am

EXCITING NEWS!

I had downloaded and followed WanderlustFl instructions 3-4 days ago. We left for Ch on the 15 th and no transfer or QR code. Our son, in Zurich, had made multiple calls and never a clear answer but suggested we get tested here. Arrived and spoke with the Covid medical at the airport. They said it’s new and no one knows what to do with the US travelers, suggested we call FOPH. Got to sons apartment and a few minutes ago we both got our QR code’s.
Advice- follow Wunderkusts instructions and be patient with 🙏🤞
Happy Dance
wanderlustFL and bakster21 like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, AAdvantage, Hilton/Hyatt/Marriott
Datapoint here. Followed the instructions above for Valais. Just got mine about 48h after I submitted the application.

worked like a charm

thanks again to OP
ddutil and wanderlustFL like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
The Hotel Schweizerhof in Zurich messaged me to say that (amongst other things):
By law, hotel guests from third countries (outside the EU) must show a valid Covid test in the gastronomic indoor area.
Hopefully, this will not prove to actually be the case and that provision will, in practice, be overridden by this:
We ask all overnight guests who wish to access our restaurants (breakfast room, restaurant, café, bar, seminar) to show a valid Covid certificate in conjunction with official identification.
There does seem to be a lot of confusion, with different hotels and restaurants interpreting the requirements in quite different ways.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:53 am

I followed instructions above, and while my QR code was issued it says expired - the reason is that they mis-entered my date of vaccination (it says I got vaccinated several decades ago, in the 1980s, matching my birth date). Which means my covid cert expires a year later in he 80s also.

Fortunately I have the french qr code which transfers easily, so I won't bother contacting the swiss data entry team, but something to look out for if you're converting your cdc card
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
My code arrived via the App this morning - success! 3 days to process
wanderlustFL likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
The Hotel Schweizerhof in Zurich messaged me to say that (amongst other things):

Hopefully, this will not prove to actually be the case and that provision will, in practice, be overridden by this:

There does seem to be a lot of confusion, with different hotels and restaurants interpreting the requirements in quite different ways.
You got that right! See my posts #88 and #134
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:49 pm

IT WORKED! 1 Day Turnaround for Swiss COVID Certificate

Thanks everyone for all of your assistance with figuring out how to secure a Swiss Covid Certificate (QR-Code). My husband and I are traveling in October and with recent travel restrictions and researching a ton with no positive results, this trip was looking like we might cancel soon. Luckily I came across this Thread and tried 2 options and 1 actually worked and quick.***** #2 OPTION WORKED FOR ME & THE LEAST AMOUNT OF HASSLE! READ BELOW:

1st - I tried the Valais Certificate portal submission and Transfer Code through the App last night, along with needing a VPN to gain access to the App because of (No Internet Connection). Through VPN, I gained access to the Transfer code. I submitted 2 applications for my husband and I. Currently both applications are in progress...

****2nd - I read in the thread to contact Canton of Lucerne, so I found their direct email on the Canton Website, I emailed them explaining that I am a U.S. tourist visiting in October, and kindly requesting a Covid Certificate, as my Husband and I both carry U.S. Covid CDC cards. I even included copies of the cards, and Passport copies; this was last night at 8:30pm PST. AMAZING news this morning: I woke up to 2 Swiss Covid Certificate with QR Codes in PDF Format from the Canton of Lucerne! I believe making the process easy for them Canton via email resulted in quick action from them and made the process so simple. I am soooo relieved!

I am unable to post the URL Link because I am a new user here but if you want to locate the site and email, Google: "Covid-Zertifikat - Kanton Luzern" > Click first website > At the right of the page you will see "Email" zertifikat(at)lu.ch ; click there and email them directly.

Thank you again for everyone's insight! Excited to share this news with you. I am so happy this worked out and our vacation next month can actually happen!

Last edited by DandLTravel; Sep 16, 2021 at 4:56 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:01 pm

Your advice worked for me! Such a quick turnaround time too! Super easy to just email the Lucerne Canton with our CDC Card and Passport copies. Got our Certificates in 1 day for both my husband and I. Thank you!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:11 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by DandLTravel
Your advice worked for me! Such a quick turnaround time too! Super easy to just email the Lucerne Canton with our CDC Card and Passport copies. Got our Certificates in 1 day for both my husband and I. Thank you!
Can you please share the email you used for Lucerne Canton
FLYMSY likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:24 pm

Unfortunately since I'm a new member to this website, I cannot post URL, tried several times

But, Google: "Covid-Zertifikat - Kanton Luzern" > Click first website > At the right of the page you will see "Email" zertifikat(at)lu.ch ; click there and email them directly.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by DandLTravel; Sep 16, 2021 at 4:31 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:27 pm

Landmower See my comment above, hope this helps!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
Excellent, you, like we, should be good to go anywhere in Switzerland. I was also told that this digital certificate is accepted elsewhere in the EU. If anyone can confirm this, it would be appreciated. We are only headed to Switzerland.
First thanks for your initial tip. Our trip isn't scheduled for another month or so but I went ahead, applied and got the certificates in about 2 days (it came at night sometime and my phone was on DnD etc). I used the Verifica C19 app from Italy and CovidGo from Croatia which verified the certificate fine I also could load the certificate in the French AntiCovid app. So it works pretty much the way it is supposed to. I also exported the PDF and will carry a hard copy and/or store this somewhere in the cloud. Note the certificate expires a year from your last dose. So unfortunately at some point we probably have to play this game again with the boosters etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.