Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Countries not caring about covid or airlines not requiring masks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2021, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Are there any countries that do not ask or require anything related to covid? and

Any airlines not requiring masks?
Pirrito likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:09 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by AAaLot
Are there any countries that do not ask or require anything related to covid? and

Yaah, not sure if you want to go there… sub-saharian Africa is such…
Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:46 am

One of the most effective anti-Covid measures, and one that is used by most medical practices, is taking the temperature of people. They have a device they point at your forehead and it quickly gives them a reading. I do not know of any airline using this, and it is something that may actually help, unlike their silly mask requirements.

IF mask requirements specified effective masks like N95's, that would be a positive thing, but airlines and airports allow useless cloth masks and surgical masks that only stop large droplets from coughs or sneezes, not the small aerosols that are the main mechanism of the airborne spread of Covid. The space between fibers in a cloth mask is 3,000 times larger than the aerosol particles. That is why one scientist on the UK's SAGE committee recently called most masks "comfort blankets". Airlines and airports need to either get real and require N95s or they need to drop their useless mask policy. I have seen too many people aboard aircraft and walking around airports with the flimsy surgical masks that do not even seal off the mouth and nose. At least a KN95 that seals off the mouth and nose should be required. All the cloth masks and surgical masks do is give people a false sense of security.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:13 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador

There are countries which don't care about covid once you're inside. Denmark has no restrictions, Sweden will drop the remaining ones on 29 September and Finland sometime in October. However, all these countries have restrictions at border (but generally aren't impossible to get to).
​​​​
Swedish regional airlines such as BRA or Air Leap no longer require masks for domestic flights.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Did both BRA and Air Leap ever require masks on board the domestic flights?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:43 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Did both BRA and Air Leap ever require masks on board the domestic flights?
Yes, they did for almost a year. At least on the paper, no idea what actually happened on board as I avoided flying during that time.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
I think your best bet is to look for countries where nightclubs are open with no restrictions.

For example, US and UK.

https://www.mypartybible.com/where-a...onavirus-covid

Transport companies often have to follow governmental laws so it may not be up to them re: mask requirements. I think Uber has a global mask policy.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gudugan
I think your best bet is to look for countries where nightclubs are open with no restrictions.

For example, US and UK.

https://www.mypartybible.com/where-a...onavirus-covid

Transport companies often have to follow governmental laws so it may not be up to them re: mask requirements. I think Uber has a global mask policy.
The US has a passenger mask requirement in place for passengers to fly on common carrier flights while subject to US jurisdiction.
wrp96 and gudugan like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by gudugan
Uber does have a mask policy on paper but in my area, none of the drivers actually enforce it.
Pirrito, LETTERBOY and Tiramisu like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Carolinian
One of the most effective anti-Covid measures, and one that is used by most medical practices, is taking the temperature of people. They have a device they point at your forehead and it quickly gives them a reading. I do not know of any airline using this, and it is something that may actually help, unlike their silly mask requirements.
OZ gate staff checked everyone's temp on my recent lax icn flight
​​​
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:04 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

Pretty much all of the *stan (whether Uzebekistan, Taidjikistan, Pakistan,...), Bielorussia, Russia, sub-sahara Africa. Those do not care about COVID and there are no border entry requirements or very little. Of course once you are inside, this is not exactly an health paradise either.
wrp96 and Beltway2A like this.

Last edited by fransknorge; Sep 9, 2021 at 10:37 am
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Pretty much all of the *stan (whether Uzebekistan, Taidjikistan, Pakistan,...), Bielorussia, Russia, sub-sahara Africa. Those do not care about COVID and there are no border entries or very little. Of course once you are inside, this is not exactly an health paradise either.
I really don't think OP is looking for a health paradise. If anything, they seem to be trying to escape the "health paradise" our society created, which is a pretty bad place to live in

My advice is Scandinavia. Test needed on entry but once inside, it's 100% normal life (or at least will be in a month or so*, maybe except Norway) and it's probably the most developed region of the world. It's expensive though.

(* DK already is 100% normal, SE is 95% normal going for 100% normal from end of September, FI is 50% normal going for 100% normal during October, NO remains a bit crazy.)
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
Mexico has no entry requirements related to covid - no test, no vaccine, etc. There's no temperature check on arrival and no form. There's a simple form for departures asking if you have symptoms or if you have been exposed.

However, all Mexican carriers require masks.
resolute and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by asar
Mexico has no entry requirements related to covid - no test, no vaccine, etc. There's no temperature check on arrival and no form. There's a simple form for departures asking if you have symptoms or if you have been exposed.

However, all Mexican carriers require masks.
Good explanation. We just came back yesterday and you hit the nail on the head. Other than taking the ridiculous COVID test at your hotel, all else was wonderful.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Pretty much all of the *stan (whether Uzebekistan, Taidjikistan, Pakistan,...), Bielorussia, Russia, sub-sahara Africa. Those do not care about COVID and there are no border entry requirements or very little. Of course once you are inside, this is not exactly an health paradise either.
Air Astana (Kazakhstan) most definitely requires masks. I fly them multiple times a month and making is fair to decent. Everyone has one on, but not everyone is wearing them properly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.