Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

EU to impose entry requirements on travellers From US (updated 30 Aug)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU to impose entry requirements on travellers From US (updated 30 Aug)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gojko88
You should be allowed in either way, but it's probably less hassle to use your Italian passport since EU members can travel freely between member countries and no one will second guess you, either at check-in or at border control. Just make sure you have your vaccination certificate at the ready.
Cheers!
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TomMM
Given the current situation and speed at which requirements can change, I take a proctored Binax Antigen test before departing for an INTL destination even if it is clear a test isn't needed. I do this for 2 reasons: Make sure I don't test positive and to avoid any possible confusion with the check in agent who might wrongly insist a test is needed.
The problem with this is that most countries (except the USA) that require test results for entry require that it be a PCR test. A supervised home antigen test won't help if the rule specifies a PCR test.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The problem with this is that most countries (except the USA) that require test results for entry require that it be a PCR test. A supervised home antigen test won't help if the rule specifies a PCR test.
I’ve been perusing TIMATIC and the majority of the countries in Europe I’ve looked at allow them.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There are a lot of countries that accept the antigen test, including Portugal, UK, USA, France, Germany, etc.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Effective 22 September vaccinated pax travelling from a very high-risk area (-ie currently the USA, UK) no longer have to quarantine when arriving in the Netherlands.
gojko88 and hsumh316 like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:17 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Effective 22 September vaccinated pax travelling from a very high-risk area (-ie currently the USA, UK) no longer have to quarantine when arriving in the Netherlands.
Where does this info come from?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tiramisu
Not sure about @Grouchy's source but there are more than a few hints in general Google News queues... Perhaps most tellingly the NL quarantine page (https://www.government.nl/topics/cor...elf-quarantine) now has a flag at the top of the page

The information on this website may change following the press conference, held on 14 September at 7 pm.

Perhaps not aided by the fact that I can't even pretend to speak Dutch I, however, cannot find any details about this press conference despite it now being 9:30 Amsterdam time
(Amsterdam is still one of my favorite cities and was on the condenders list for me do drag my wife to for her first time before things went multi-sideways so I'm paying particular attention to this...her 35th birthday is 12/25 and I was thinking about absconding with her...)

Edit... Found it: https://nltimes.nl/2021/09/14/dutch-...nes-vaccinated

The Cabinet also announced that travellers who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 will not have to quarantine upon arrival in the Netherlands even if they have visited a country where people are at a very high risk of getting infected with the coronavirus. The change in policy will take effect from September 22.
jefftiger, Grouchy and Tiramisu like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by Tiramisu
De Rijksoverheid/central government. At this moment the info is available in dutch;

Reizen

Vanaf 22 september veranderen de quarantaineregels voor reizen naar Nederland. Gevaccineerde reizigers uit de Verenigde Staten, het Verenigd Koninkrijk of andere zeer hoogrisicogebieden hoeven niet meer in quarantaine.

Google translate:
Travel

From September 22, the quarantine rules for travel to the Netherlands will change. Vaccinated travelers from the United States, the United Kingdom or other very high-risk areas no longer need to be quarantined.

https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/actueel...toegangsbewijs
lincolnjkc, BTA, jefftiger and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:29 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Just a data point: I crossed from Switzerland to Italy via train. An inspector came onboard and checked everyone’s test results. I had the proctored eMed test. He looked at the printed out form so quickly it’s possible he saw “negative” but I doubt it.
8420PR likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:52 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
NYC to MAD 14 Sep

OK, here's what we dwelt with...
At JFK: check-in agent wanted passport, CDC card, and QR code from SpTH app.
. After that, every other check was just passport and ticket.
At Madrid: normal passport control was just that, passport.
. Once we took the train from T4S to T4, there was a kiosk where we showed our QR from SpTH prior to going to baggage claim. No other checks.
For now, test for Covid not required if you are vaxed when travelling to Spain.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:50 am

Adding my data point for travel from MCO-CPH via FRA on LH

1. Two days before flight, I used the LH Digital Document Upload site to upload our CDC Vaccination cards, and also uploaded the documents from CVS that provided details of the vaccine batch, etc. This was on a Saturday and the documents were received successfully within a couple of hours. I was also then able to check in online the day before the flight and had a check-in confirmation, but still required to go to the counter for boarding passes.

2. Check-in at MCO was quick - the agent asked to see our CDC cards and gave them a brief glance. She printed boarding passes for both flights, MCO-FRA and FRA-CPH.

3. In FRA, my husband used the automated kiosk to scan his Danish passport, so no one asked to see anything more from him. I handed both my US passport and CDC cards to the immigration agent who said nothing, flipped through my passport, stamped it and handed it back. I don't know if he would have asked for my CDC card had I not handed it over with my passport, but thought it was easiest to do so.

4. No one asked to see anything more at FRA in order to board the flight to CPH (except we did show our CDC cards for entrance to the lounge, but exited after a quick walk through when it was crowded with a lot of people coughing).

5. Upon landing in CPH, we were told they would call rows in order to deplane due to the extra procedures. I assumed that meant someone would be at the gate asking to see documentation. We were in row 2, so were among the first off the plane and there was no one waiting. We walked through the airport, and down the stairs to baggage claim. As we were headed towards our baggage claim belt, two young women were walking towards us with clipboards and asked where we'd come from. I said originally MCO, via FRA, and she asked if I was fully vaccinated. I said yes and she said, ok, and moved on. No request to see documentation of any kind.

Once we exited the airport at CPH, it's nearly impossible to see any signs there is a pandemic. We were the only ones who wore masks to go into the Hertz car rental office, and the only ones wearing masks for our supermarket stop. We went to the cinema yesterday and were seated many rows away from other people, so didn't plan to wear our masks until two people started coughing a few rows back, so we put our masks back on for the duration of the film.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:58 pm
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Has anyone got a trip booked to London? We are fully vaccinated and have a flight booked to head over October 15th. Does anyone know if you need a test after landing if you got one before leaving the US? and are there test centers at LHR? Curious about cost also. Also, to head home is there a test center that offers free tests? Munich made it so easy with free test centers at the airport. The one we use is a 2 minute walk from The Hilton Hotel which is right IN the airport. 15 minute Antigen test. I thank you in advance for any info.you can provide.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:51 pm

Spain/Portugal

Some DPs for these countries.
We had scheduled an appt to get the EU dig cert in Madrid (discussed in another thread) but were told we needed an EU passport...so that feel thru.
Backup was to get Covid antigen test at MAD which we did...never needed it.
Only Covid related thing between Spain and Portugal was an entry form...no tests or vax proof required.
Checked into first Portugal hotel today. Asked if we had proof of vax and we showed CDC card scan on our phones..she said thanks. She said as long as she sees 'something' that's all she needs. Offered the actual CDC card or NY excelsiur pass, but she said the card image was enough.
So, sounds like Portugal in practice is not as hard-core as their actual policy would lead us to believe.
I'll report back if other hotels get more stringent. Oh, restaurant tonight didn't ask for anything.
js1993 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fredc84
OK, here's what we dwelt with...
At JFK: check-in agent wanted passport, CDC card, and QR code from SpTH app.
. After that, every other check was just passport and ticket.
At Madrid: normal passport control was just that, passport.
. Once we took the train from T4S to T4, there was a kiosk where we showed our QR from SpTH prior to going to baggage claim. No other checks.
For now, test for Covid not required if you are vaxed when travelling to Spain.
I arrived MAD from LAX on 9/12/2021.
I got pulled away from my group of four for secondary. She wanted to see my CDC card. At first, I gave her my EU QR code (I had imported my French QR code into the Spain app) but she wasn't having it. She specifically wanted my CDC card.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I arrived MAD from LAX on 9/12/2021.
I got pulled away from my group of four for secondary. She wanted to see my CDC card. At first, I gave her my EU QR code (I had imported my French QR code into the Spain app) but she wasn't having it. She specifically wanted my CDC card.
Yeah, almost seems as if they know about and prefer the CDC card
LETTERBOY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.