Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
CHECK THIS LINK FOR YOUR LOT NUMBER ON YOUR BinaxNOW Covid Tests for the extended expiration date:
  • Lot 195-200: https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case%2001269955-COL-03030%20BinaxNOW%E2%84%A2%20COVID-19%20Ag%20Home%20Test%20%20Product%20Expiry%20Upda te%20-%20Customer%20Letter%20EN%20%20-%20%20US.pdf?hsLang=en
  • Lot 195-200 and 195-100: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/binax-now/scrtechs-0381-v8-binaxnow-covid-19-ag-home-test-product.pdf
  • Lot 195-000: https://www.healthvermont.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/COVID-19-BinaxNOW-Expiry-Extension.pdf

Previously, it was on https://ohio.emed.com/ but the link has been removed.

The good news is that as of mid-Dec 2021, Abbott Labs is apparently shipping only kits with printed expiration dates well into 2022.

*Hat Tip to poster Blue Skye

Print Wikipost

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:22 pm

Hi, just wondering if anybody is running into problems with airline carriers accepting these tests, rather than a PCR test? Or is that a thing of the past, and there's no problems boarding? Thanks

Just to clarify - I was curious about entry into the US.

Last edited by kgreger1; Apr 2, 2022 at 9:43 am Reason: Clarification
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by kgreger1
Hi, just wondering if anybody is running into problems with airline carriers accepting these tests, rather than a PCR test? Or is that a thing of the past, and there's no problems boarding? Thanks
LH (ex Napoli) and UA (ex FRA) both accepted test-result letters on Monday of this week without even scanning the QR code.
kgreger1 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Are you asking for pretravel testing before flights to the US? If so, I haven't seen a case where these have been refused for that purpose. (There might be some explanation required if traveling back from a less common destination.) Many other travel locations, however, do not allow proctored at home rapid antigen tests even if rapid antigen tests are otherwise permitted.
kgreger1 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
Are you asking for pretravel testing before flights to the US? If so, I haven't seen a case where these have been refused for that purpose. (There might be some explanation required if traveling back from a less common destination.) Many other travel locations, however, do not allow proctored at home rapid antigen tests even if rapid antigen tests are otherwise permitted.
Agree. Leaving Baghdad, you had to show a PCR result to get to/enter the airport. But once inside, QR accepted the eMed test. But I’ve used the test without issue leaving UK, France, Italy, Greece, Ecuador and Canada. “Mainstream” origins returning to US should not be an issue. Next up, Bali, but I might do some research first. SQ specifically states they’ll accept eMed. Good luck - Jamie
Majuki and kgreger1 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:50 am

You can put a minor on your NAVICA account
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:39 am

Several countries in Africa require a proper lab pcr test to enter the airport.

But once entered the airline is fine with Binax.
jamienbaker and kgreger1 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:31 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Checked in at BJX (Mexico) just now and the AA agent seemed to already have my Covid test, despite my never sharing it with anyone. Strange.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by username
I was going to order the eMed tonight when I found out that there is the Azova: https://www.azova.com/flowflexvideo/ and the Flowflex test is available at Costco - $40 for 5. You just pay $20/proctored test when you do it with Azova. I already have some of the Flowflex on-hand.

So, either pay $150 + shipping for 6 with unknowns of how much will get reimbursed. Or, get the Flowflex (which is covered under the new regulation) and just pay the $20 for the test, which might or might not be required.
This sounds great.

Any other folks with experiince on Azova? It's all about solid connectivity for me.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Can someone who recently ordered these tests please report the expiration date? I want to use them through at least August and don't want to get tests that will expire before then. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: AA, Delta , Hilton
I have confirmed with Bahamas Health that they are accepting the eMed BinaxNOW tests for travel to the Bahamas…. Has anyone had any issues with AA regarding these tests
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Can someone who recently ordered these tests please report the expiration date? I want to use them through at least August and don't want to get tests that will expire before then. Thanks in advance.
The ones I bought in January don't expire until at least 2022-11-15, date of packing was 2021-12-27 so they may have been extended.
Edit: slight date correction
Originally Posted by Seggie
I have confirmed with Bahamas Health that they are accepting the eMed BinaxNOW tests for travel to the Bahamas…. Has anyone had any issues with AA regarding these tests
We had no trouble with AA to STX but there was the intermediate step of getting USVI approval.
FlytheTail likes this.

Last edited by MADPhil; Apr 10, 2022 at 11:15 am
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, Delta , Hilton
Thank you Phil….do you have to book at time with eMed for the video
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Seggie
Thank you Phil….do you have to book at time with eMed for the video
I don't think you can. When we did it we just logged in and in each case someone came on line almost immediately.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
November 2022
FlytheTail likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:21 pm

I just used them to return from DBV. The check in agents for TK were confused by them and tried to tell me they couldn't accept a "home test". So I had to go over to the TK desk and explain to them that the test was approved. Her only question was "so you're sure the US accepts these tests". I confirmed and she said it was fine. When I went back to check in counter, they only asked if the TK agent said the tests were allowed. I never had to show them the test again - they never even checked my wife or son's tests. They just took my word for it.

Just to clarify - I was curious about entry into the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.