Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

France CAN upload American CDC vaccination card into Pass Sanitaire!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador

GREAT news! I just got back from Paris. Pharmacies can now manually input the data from your CDC vaccination card into the online Pass Sanitaire!!! Not all pharmacies know how to do it and if you get stuck, the embassy will help you. You first have to download the Tous Anti Covid app. That becomes your pass sanitaire where all your tests (taken on French soil) and your CDC vaccination proof will "live." This allows you to travel on long distance trains, eat indoors, go to the movies, etc. This prevents an American tourist from having to take a COVID test every 2-3 days at 25€ - 30€ each. I did pay 20€ to have my CDC card information uploaded into the app. Once you have the pass sanitaire, your app will have a QR code that you scan whenever you need to. One more thing. It also generated a printed version of the "Certificat Covid Numérique UE" which allows you to move around within the Schengen zone!! This is a paper certificate with a separate QR code that you must not lose. It will not be part of the French Tous Anti-Covid app. disclaimer...all this is true as of 7/26/21, but the situation is fluid in France and the Schengen zone both. Safe travels to all.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:49 am

That's great! Thank you! May I ask if you remember which specific pharmacie you went to?
Vtjournalist and lobo411 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
France plans system to convert US and other non-EU Covid certificates

Pharmacies union USPO today told The Connexion it has been told by the French government that a new specific system is coming in “at the start of August”.

“It’s not operational yet, but the ministries say it’s being worked out and it will work via consulates and be online,” USPO said. “It won’t be done by the pharmacies.”

No information on whether this would be consulates in France or ones in the original country before travel has been given.
lobo411 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:21 pm

Wonder why they don't want pharmacies doing it, though. It would be a hassle for a lot of people to get to a French consulate in America to do this, and it doesn't make sense that American consulates in France would be the ones entering the data into a French gov't app.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by lobo411
Wonder why they don't want pharmacies doing it, though. It would be a hassle for a lot of people to get to a French consulate in America to do this, and it doesn't make sense that American consulates in France would be the ones entering the data into a French gov't app.
I was thinking similarly to you. Maybe they'll have something online to submit? Will be interested to see how it pans out
lobo411 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lobo411
Unless I missed something I don't read it that way. To me they are saying there is no official authorization to do it yet. Anyway this is good news.
lobo411 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.