Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Will you fly long-haul for leisure while masks are still required?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How willing would you be to fly long-haul, leisure, if mask-wearing were required?
Yes, I will definitely be willing to fly under this condition.
65.73%
Yes, I will likely or possibly be willing to fly under this condition.
13.29%
No, I would unlikely be willing to fly under this condition.
13.99%
No, I would definitely be unwilling to fly under this condition.
5.59%
Unsure or no opinion.
1.40%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Will you fly long-haul for leisure while masks are still required?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Yes I will
There's no such thing as never and forever; there's only, not yet and so far. Of course there will come the day when we can take off the masks while flying. I could see airlines eventually having you sign a waiver stating you assume the risks of covid and/or acknowledge you've been vaccinated.

The day the vaccine has been widely distributed to the world and everyone has had access or the opportunity to opt out, masks on planes will be a thing of the past.

My website

Last edited by bitcohen; May 17, 2021 at 10:02 pm
Old May 15, 2021, 7:07 am
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Not only on international flights, there’s a good chance that it will be a requirement in many foreign destinations that you wear masks while out in public, including possibly outdoors or on trains, buses, trams, cable cars.

Not only this year but well into next year as well.

There may be other restrictions as well, such as limited access or closures of certain venues such as museums, indoor dining.

Then there’s also the possibility that a surge of infections happens right before you leave for your destination or while during your visit, either preventing you from departing or scrambling to return home.

Would you travel or even make bookings under these conditions or uncertainties or just wait until everything returns to “normal?”
Old May 15, 2021, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Not sure what the big deal is. Have been on dozens of flights, including many long hauls. All ok.
Old May 15, 2021, 8:36 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm happy to. It's unpleasant but not as unpleasant as not going anywhere. So far under Corona I've taken a pair of six hour flights where I wore a mask. It's possible to do it and even sleep in it. Believe me I'll be in Europe and Asia the first second I can mask or no mask.
Old May 15, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by exp
Not only on international flights, there’s a good chance that it will be a requirement in many foreign destinations that you wear masks while out in public, including possibly outdoors or on trains, buses, trams, cable cars.

Not only this year but well into next year as well.

There may be other restrictions as well, such as limited access or closures of certain venues such as museums, indoor dining.

Then there’s also the possibility that a surge of infections happens right before you leave for your destination or while during your visit, either preventing you from departing or scrambling to return home.

Would you travel or even make bookings under these conditions or uncertainties or just wait until everything returns to “normal?”
Having to wear a mask outside is a huge no-no for me. I won’t be visiting a country if they require me to wear a mask outside. I will wait until things are back to normal.
the810 and volabam like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.