Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Europe
Reload this Page >

Masks required in Turkey - on the beach? Outdoors?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes

Sept 2020

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/health/turk...-areas/1966671

Apr 2021

https://www.dailysabah.com/turkey/ex...u-need-to-know

so I've read these articles...I'll be arriving after the lockdown is over. Can anyone shed any light on whether there is really enforcement of masks outdoors - on the beach? Or in smaller towns?

In a big city..ok...still think it is foolish..but ok.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
It's the law that you should wear masks outdoors and it is being enforced by the police.
I also think it's foolish but until August, there wasn't any outdoor mask regulation and our people were not great at maintaining social distance outdoors.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
My experience in October was that outside of the main tourist areas, as long as you were outdoors nobody wore a mask, but inside they did. When you're in tourist areas, like Taksim square, the tourism police will motion to your mouth to tell you to mask up. This was 6 months ago, and I'm sure a lot has changed, but if you're in an area where there are tourism police, they will tell you to put your mask on.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by seigex
My experience in October was that outside of the main tourist areas, as long as you were outdoors nobody wore a mask, but inside they did. When you're in tourist areas, like Taksim square, the tourism police will motion to your mouth to tell you to mask up. This was 6 months ago, and I'm sure a lot has changed, but if you're in an area where there are tourism police, they will tell you to put your mask on.
Thanks for the detailed info. The "cases/deaths" will crash by the time the lockdown is concluded on weather / less air pollution alone....so crossing my fingers, the "police" / people are more tolerant and relaxed.

Outside of a few days in IST (June), and driving around Izmir to Mt. Siplos, or Cesme (Won't be in the town area for long - except my hotel by the coast) I'll be far away from any major or medium city. More natural tourism...so hopefully not too many police around.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by EqualOpp
Thanks for the detailed info. The "cases/deaths" will crash by the time the lockdown is concluded on weather / less air pollution alone....so crossing my fingers, the "police" / people are more tolerant and relaxed.

Outside of a few days in IST (June), and driving around Izmir to Mt. Siplos, or Cesme (Won't be in the town area for long - except my hotel by the coast) I'll be far away from any major or medium city. More natural tourism...so hopefully not too many police around.
Keep in mind too that even when the tourism police would tell you to put your mask up, most people would just drop them after passing them. One positive thing was every restaurant/store had a big bottle of hand sanitizer and they did temperature checks when entering stores/restaurants, which I was perfectly fine with.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old May 2, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by seigex
Keep in mind too that even when the tourism police would tell you to put your mask up, most people would just drop them after passing them. One positive thing was every restaurant/store had a big bottle of hand sanitizer and they did temperature checks when entering stores/restaurants, which I was perfectly fine with.
Unfortunately, neither of those underlined activities would or will make a scintilla's difference in the control of the infection.

(Not spread by fomites and by the time a temp appears, the infected has already spread the disease)

So we can keep playing "Covid theatre" or get vaccinated and use appropriate precautions (like wearing a mask and trying to maintain some distance if possible) in situations needing them.

And then we can travel again. This is what I want
fransknorge and James91 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.