Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Travelling during/after Covid: looking for resources

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan

Hi all -

Mrs CO FF and I are planning a (post-vaccination) trip this summer - long-haul in business; most likely TATL, not TPAC. Is anyone aware of resources compiling info on how various airlines are approaching inflight measures? Among the concerns are:
- reputation for "mask enforcement"
- seat blocking/load limits in J
- what in-flight amenities are currently being offered

Leads welcomed! Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 1, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: United Gold (pre-pandemic). Amex Platinum card member
Not necessarily sure of in-flight measures. You're probably best off calling or researching when closer to the date of the trip, because right now a lot of the rules, regulations and practices are changing by the week. My guess is that an early Fall flight 2021 is going to be a lot different than an early April 2021 flight.

Are you going to use Expedia or Booking or a similar site to book it? There's a free extension called TryPeanut that shows the travel guidelines for every city you're looking at. It's pretty useful if you're just booking around.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: United Gold (pre-pandemic). Amex Platinum card member
Cool How is everything checking entry requirements (covid/visa) etc.?

Curious if people have found straightforward or easy tools or sites to use. Expedia and booking sites don't have the best info.

Patiently waiting for my vaccine before trying to book the first INTL flight out of SFO! Been exactly 1 year since my Thailand and Taiwan trip, which was absolutely divine. Each country totally empty and everyone thought we were crazy going at the "height" of the pandemic (very few cases in the US at that time, everything prior had been mostly in Asia in the news at least). Felt super safe over there, itching to get back.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Before traveling, simply check TIMATIC as one ought to for any international travel, whether during the pandemic or not.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 3:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I would be sceptical of a low-maintenance trip to Europe this summer. You may not be permitted to enter, face quarantine, or have few infrastructure resources at your disposal. I would book only once these points are clarified in your favour.
northinsouth likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.